2007 Nissan Quest

7.5

Based on 369 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

7.6/10

Total LEMON!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Cons: "MONEY PIT!"

"My family and I actually loved this car at first. Total comfort/luxury is what we thought. Smooth ride great handling, but then it all came to an end. The front motor mount kept breaking and you would think that the dealer would have said something after changing it, 3 times, but no. Then the transmission failed just before the warranty expired, thank goodness, they replaced it. Then just after 1 year later the replaced transmission failed, but of course the 1 year warranty for the replaced transmission had expired as well, along with a new loud clanking timing chain sound. The dealer service writer said the timing chain was commonly replaced with these cars at 120,000 miles. Now the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. What a mess! Approx $10,000.00 in repairs later (tires, brakes, tune ups, included),enough is enough. LEMON"

Great engine and handling. Poor quality interior.

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Quick and paid for."

Cons: "Overall quality not great."

"Engine is great. Acceleration is great. Handles like a car. Better looking than most vans. Seats are comfortable and very roomy. Good cargo space. Lots of cupholders. Interior components are CHEAP and feel like they will snap off. (Some have) Power sliding door once got stuck and then fell off when I tried to force it closed. Eventually, just straightened the hinge and cut the cable for the motor. Now manual door: problem solved! Doors always freeze closed in winter even though I silicone the weather stripping. Power hatch works most of the time. Nissan has a propensity for attaching aluminum components to steel underneath, so have had lots of rotted aluminum clanking around underneath. Cheap steel oilpan rusted through. Lots to like and lots to dislike. Probably second and last Nissan."

Business and Family do mix

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "looks great, drives great, awesome for family trip"

Cons: "loud ride"

"I bought this car for business use as well as hauling my family of 5. I got the top of the line all the bells and whistles model. I felt comfortable driving around co-workers and colleagues as well as my family. The cons are it's a bit of a noisy ride and there are only two cupholders in the front of the car. I love the car -- it looks good, runs great, and has all the bells and whistles that keep mom and dad happy. I would do it all over again. We looked at the Odessey but for what we paid and what we got, the Nissan was a great choice!"

MIGHT AS WELL HAVE A CAR PAYMENT

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Very Roomy"

Cons: "Always under repair, expensive parts"

"What a piece of junk. Had 2 ABS computers replaced under warranty and now I'm on the hook for the third. Had to put a timing belt in it last year. Repairs added up pretty quick. Nissan sold a lemon and they know it. Do not purchase. Whatever you do, run away from this car..."

Our first minivan - now we want another!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Nice ride, good features"

Cons: "3rd row head rests, some faulty trim"

"We were hesitant about buying a minivan at first, but with two kids and a hobby of travelling, it made the most sense. We love the Quest. We got a lot of features for the price - back-up camera, automatic sliding doors and rear hatch, skylights all throughout, very roomy, decent gas mileage. One big reason for not rating it 5/5 for all categories is the design of the rear head rests. When you want to fold the seat down you have to remove them manually and store them in a nylon bag provided by Nissan. While we didn't think it would be a big deal at first, it turned out to be a royal pain. I believe they have since redesigned this. Other than that we are happy. The only other issue has been some of the black rubber trim coming loose on the roof and near the sliding side door. We are now in the market for a new Quest!"