2006 Nissan Quest

7.5

Based on 369 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

7.6/10

Love it/Hate it

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"First, I love the gas mileage. I had a Dodge Caravan before and find the gas mileage coming in at 20 to 22 mpg depending on how you drive to be very good. Mileage is very dependant on how you drive though as my mother-in-law driving the van will immediately put the gas mileage in the gutter. If you like to bunny rabbit out of the light, you are going to have horrible readings as this is not a sports car. She loves the ride compared to har car though. Things that I miss from my Caravan is the cargo handling ability. The Caravan I could take out the seats and have a flat floor. True, it's easier to fold the seats down in this van, but they leave the floor 'bumpy' so you can't carry cargo. The ventilation controls seem wierd too. If you have the defrosters on the front windshield and switch to vent, the air-conditioning remains engaged with the light out and still blowing cold air. Turning the air-conditioning on and then back off will make it revert to normal air. Maybe my memory is off, but I thought I could load a lot heavier stuff in the Caravan before the front would act like we were in an airplane taking off. The vents in the Quest also seem to be VERY fragile. At first, I got upset when my 7 year old broke the vent in the ceiling "It just popped out Dad", only to find myself breaking the one on the other side without being rough with it. The local dealer, although the biggest in the state, did not have a replacement and when it came in it didn't match the color. Don't know if that's a problem with my dealer or the normal deal with Nissan as this is my first and probably last Nissan."

Buyers beware!!!

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"I am a navy wife and thought this van would be a good investment for my family. I was wrong. Being that my husband is gone a lot, I have a hard time taking my two young kids to the shop for little problems like cheap plastic breaking or the breaks wearing down so fast. Run away from this van!!!! This year alone, I have taken this van to the shop 8 times. most of the time I have to bring it back to actually have the work done. They always have to "order the parts". Don't make the same mistake I did. Average milage is around 19-20mpg. I don't drive that much (afraid of it breaking) so it should get better mpg than that, but it doesn't. I hope this review helps you."

Never Again

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I brought a Quest in 1999. Five years and 60,000 miles later I had to replace the transmission. Very Disappointing. I really love the new restyled Quest, so I leased a 2006 (leasing to avoid the transmission problem - I'd trade it in before 60,000 miles). I've had it a year and 4 months; the automatic sliding door has been repaired three times. Everytime it jams open and the car is unusablable until repair. I've had the automatic rear hatch fixed twice. More than 3 weeks in for repairs. My advice - BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID of the Nissan Quest."

Nice Styling, not so good Mechanically

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"I may have gotten a mechanical clunker, but the van is the best for roominess. It has plenty of power, even fully loaded. I have had minor problems with the exhaust, a window motor, weird vibrations and knocking noises, which took the dealer 2 or 3x to correct. The van looks really good. It seems to go thru Front brakes quickly. I have 34,000 miles on it and have had brakes changed 3x with one change including rotors. Maybe it is my wife's driving? Who Knows."

I love my van.

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

"This van has excellent performance and is the best vehicle I have ever owned."

Never buy a Nissan again

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "Carries a lot of stuff"

Cons: "High maintenance"

"Trans went out at 94k miles. New battery every two years. More problems stalling out in traffic."

Great Van

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "Minor electronic issues with the CD player"

"I had bought this nissan van brand new and have had it for over 7 years. There have been some minor issues with the cd player but has been a great van"

LEMON???

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Good price, good body style, interior has held up"

Cons: "Electrical, heat and a/c problems! LEMON!"

"We bought this van b/c it looked more trendy then the other make and models at the time. We liked it's sportiness and thought Nissan had a trusted name. It was also very reasonably priced. I wish we would have gone for the Toyota or the Honda!! From day one the side door rattled and so did the engine. Turns out years later we find out there had been a recall on part of the engine but we were never notified and couldn't get it fixed b/c the offer to do so had passed. We've had multiple oil leaks. Randomly driving down the road our interior lights (all of them) began flashing on and off, until they just quit working at all. We've taken our car in to several places and they can't seem to get them working again. Our tire gauge is busted. It will sound an alarm that tells us we have a flat tire even if we don't. The most recent weird problem is that only ONE a/c vent in the whole car cools. The rest of them blow out warm to cool air, at best. The check engine light has been going on and off for years. We've had diagnostic testing and no one can tell us what is wrong. the heater in the back part of the van no longer works either. We've had batteries repeatedly go out WAY too early."

Great minivan!

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

"I have had my Quest for almost 6 years. Drove it off the lot brand new, and have since put over 100k miles on it. It has never been in the shop for anything other than routine maintenance. It's fun to drive, has quick get-up-and-go, lots of cargo room when needed. It's very comfortable for long road trips. Love the DVD player, as do the kids. Love that the screen doesn't hinder my view out the back window when down."

Fantastic Family Car

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Ameneties very practical. Many power outlets."

Cons: "Wider size does reduce gas mileage some."

"I've had this car for two years and it is great! The wide roomy interior easily seats tall teenagers even in the back row seats and the tiered stadium seating gives the people in the back easy viewing to the overhead DVD player. The automatic hatch door makes loading groceries easy and the sunken storage area keeps stored items from sliding around in the car. The rear seats fold into it and out of the way for additional space. One important thing to remember with the automatic side doors is if you or a child decides to get out while the door is in the closing action - you must push the button on the van frame or on the key bob to stop it. You can NOT manually hold the door from closing!! It took me a while to figure this out and it can be very scary when the door is closing on you (even though it does not close too swiftly) if you don't know how to stop it."

Just a money pit!

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "decent power"

Cons: "tons of problems"

"Every time we bring it in for regular scheduled service, there is some $1k-$3k problem with it. Not to mention the little things that have broken like windows act wacky, the AUX outlet doesn't work, the sliding doors rub paint off the back fender. I've never owned a car that has needed so much work on it before it was 5 years old."

Comfortable rider

By on Monday, October 03, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "has everything we need"

"Very good car. Very reliable. Back two row seats hardly ever used. Oil, tires etc always taken care of. Travels well. Really enjoyed the car."

very reliable and good perfomer

By on Thursday, April 28, 2011

"This is my second Nissan Quest, first was the 2004 and I was much happier with changes in the 2008. Ive had it almost three years and no mechanical problems at all. This one is much quieter than the first year of this body syle. The 2004 had doors that rattled continuously and uncomfortable seats. The seating was much more comfortable in the 2008 and the doors dont rattle. It has good pickup with the 3.5 liter engine and fairly good gas mileage for its size, very roomy."

nice!

By on Thursday, April 07, 2011

"Love this van. The stadium seating is a very nice feature. I used to get pain in my back when driving in our old vehicle and I don't have that problem at all anymore. The sound system is good and the wireless headphones for the back are nice."

Love it.

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Many surprised compliments on the roominess. Good gas mileage for size and weight of vehicle. Love the rear well in the back for groceries, bags of mulch, suitcases, you name it which impresses people. Have over 112000 with only problems in the first year, 2004. Nissan has been very responsive and service excellent."

Great Van

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"We bought this van in '09 and have loved it. The only quirks it has is that it is horrible on the snow and the gas mileage isn't that great. Low to mid 20's on the MPG. It rides smooth, is rooming and and has performed very well. All the gadgets and toys have been great and easy to use."

not happy with Nissan Quest

By on Tuesday, December 07, 2010

"Bought it brand new and at 37,000 miles the timing chain tensioners wore down and now the engine has to be removed in order to fix it. Something about a polymer plastic in the tensioner that wears prematurely. Luckily for me its covered by the 5y/60k powertrain warranty. Unfortunately lots of Nissans are affected by this problem and Nissan knows about it but only issues a tsb. Look at the Nissan forums for more info and numerous complaints including people out of warranty and have to pay thousands out of pocket. I have had great luck with Nissan's in the past, but I will never buy another one after this."

Excellent!

By on Wednesday, July 07, 2010

"My wife and I bought our 2009 Quest S in early 2010 in anticipation of the arrival of our second child. We found it at a very reputable certified pre-owned vehicle dealership while checking out the Kia Sedona, Honda Odyssey, and Toyota Sienna. It was in near-new condition with about 8,700 miles. We found the Quest to be far superior to these other vans in virtually every way, but the ride, styling (it's quite large but doesn't look or feel large), and comfort are especially notable. Six months and 7,000 miles later, we continue to be delighted by our Quest. Fuel economy around town has been 16-17 mpg, long highway trips have yielded 26-27 mpg using the Nissan-recommended 91+ octane. Performance using 87 octane is acceptable. For the do-it-yourself types: oil, oil filter, and air filter changes are all a breeze. The only drawback I've found so far is the cabin air filter. The two filters are difficult to access and an odd size that isn't found in stores."

The Quest is Great!

By on Saturday, March 13, 2010

"I have driven my Nissan Quest 3.5 SL for 2 years and I love it. We were initially shopping for a Honda Odyssey, but after I drove the Quest, I really liked it. The 3rd seat is a stadium seat (so the children can sit higher and see out the window). The power sliding doors and back gate are easy to maneuver. It is a great deal for the money."

hate it

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"bad brake system, unreliable,very unsafe with turns."

BRAKES FALL SHORT

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"2008 QUEST S MODEL. I LOVE THE ENGINE AND LOOKS SPORTY. AT ONLY 16K MILES I NOTICED A BAD WOBBLE WHEN BRAKES WERE APPLIED. OF COURSE BRAKES AND ROTORS AE NOT COVERED OVER 12K. CHEAP PLASTICS AND ALREADY PROBLEMS WITH THE POWER SIDE AND REAR DOORS. NISSAN SALES FOR THE QUEST DONT COMPARE WITH THE BREAD WINNING ALTIMA THUS, QUEST CONTINUES TO BECOME PREHISTORIC TOO BAD NISSAN, QUEST COULD BE BREAD WINNER ALSO.....NOW WITH JUST OVER 27K, I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THE UPCOMING YEARS"

Excellent family vehicle

By on Thursday, December 24, 2009

"Bought new in 2004, SL trim. Best family vehicle I have owned. Very comfortable for extended trips with the family. 2nd row captains chairs. The wireless headphones that work with the DVD system offer the kids plenty to keep them busy and not ask "Are we there yet?" every 5 min. Rear control air is nice. Tire pressure monitor is available with a push of a button. Very stable ride and control. Pleanty of power with V6. Pleanty of storage space and easy to stow rear seats allow for increased storage to transport whatever you need to take along. Would buy again."

best bang for the buck out there

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"The Quest is a good van to have if you want to step away from the mainstream Honda, Toyota and Dodge vans that everyone has and their vans are much more over priced, My Quest is a base model and comes with more standard features on it like tinted glass, remote keyless entry, and traction control, with the other brands those things are optional. The two things that sold me on the van was the interior space in the second and third row which large adults can fit comfortably back there and the price is about 4 to 5,000 dollar difference. Definetly would recommend this van over everyone buying the brand names"

Needed It

By on Sunday, October 11, 2009

"We grew out of out Ford Escape when child #2 came along. This vehicle has been nothing but wonderful for our family. Everybody laughs at minivans until they own one, and then they get it. Loaded down at 75MPH on a 115 degree Texas highway road trip with the ac blasting, it still got 25.5 MPG. Under ideal conditionns, can get 29 MPG. Tons of space. Love the automatic doors, which are convenient to drop off the Monkeys at school. Plenty of power. Great visability. Non-mini van style. Highly recommended to anyone considering a mini in their future."

Nice

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"The base model is exactly what you'd expect. So If you want all the bells and whistles get the SE. However even the base model has more things than other minivans mid range models. Gas mileage is 19 avg. so not great. although if you use premium it will go up but i guess it's a balance. My only complaint is the drivers seat backrest is very uncomfortable and not very adjustable. Otherwise this is an awesome rig. very roomy the "trunk" space is unbeleivable. Unlike others where you can barely put anything in the back this one is huge."