2005 Nissan Quest

7.5

Based on 373 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

7.6/10

Wonderful family car for long trips.

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive. Best bang for your buck on minivans!"

Cons: "Run flat tires are expensive and useless."

Driving to Disney

"Wonderful family car. Very comfortable for 6 people. Enough space for 7. Silent. Smooth driving. Powerful engine. Awesome long trips for four people, you can feel as if you were at home. Nice sound and DVD features. Sun roof upfront and moon roof backside that create a almost outdoor environment inside! Fun for kids"

Driving to Disney

Get's you where you need to go.

By on Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive on and off road. Family Value"

Cons: "Could be better on gas"

"Nice family size with comfort. Handy to have for short or long trips. Great to have for halling camping gear."

Great power train but electronics are a problem

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "Good power train"

Cons: "Bad on Gas and electronics are iffy."

"I purchased this van 2 years ago used it ran perfect for about six months then one by one the electronics went out first the rear hatch, then the dvd player, next the cd player then the AC. It's possible I may have got a lemon but not sure. Gas is a killer you get a 12/13 gallon tank but it goes fast in the city. I think it's a good van but make sure the electronics are good before purchasing used. Also no problems with the power train works like a charm."

We LOVEd our Quest

By on Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pros: "Very family friendly"

Cons: "Not exactly a performance sports car"

"We only ended up getting a new van when we got our 6th child. Everyone was disappointed. But the Quest just doesn't seat 8 people especially when half of them are in car seats."

160000

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"160000 miles and still no problems with our 2004 quest. We have had a good run with the van. We have put this van through the ringer 3 kids and all the miles and it still runs like new."

Mighty Good Van!

By on Sunday, August 8, 2010

"We bought this van used with 50K miles on it. After 5 years of hard driving, and some hard hauling, it runs like a fine sewing machine. The only problem we have is that with so many "bells & Whistles" some of the bells have quit ringing' and some of the whistles have quit blowin' and they're gonna be awfully expensive to replace!"

Comfy and quiet ride

By on Friday, January 8, 2010

"This is my 3rd Quest and I am as happy with this one as with my others. The leather seats are more comfy than my couch at home, its quiet in city and highway, and its built very solid. Roomy, good instrument displays, good brakes and handling, and triple power doors make it easy for a handicapped person like me. On the downside, the electrics are not the best, drivers side window intermittent, rear power door doesnt lock most times, and the tranny gives a big thunk when shifting sometimes but minor problems only. This might be the last car I ever own, or at least I will keep it for a long long time. Then I will buy another Quest."

Lifelong partner

By on Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Aside from a muffled sound coming from a front speaker which we found to have two cones in it, and noise from the door which was covered under a recall, we have had no other problems with this vehicle. When we were shopping for a minivan, we went with the Quest because it had the largest interior. I am a large guy and six of me would fit very comfortably in this van while I would only be comfortable in the front seats of the competing Toyota, Honda and Chrysler minivans.You can fold down the two back rows and have a very large cargo area. I once put five long folding tables and 28 stackable chairs back there with a lot of room to spare. We have driven this vehicle through blizzards and up the Baker grade to Vegas at 120 degree desert heat with a full load and the AC blasting. Not a whimper or complaint. We have five other vehicles, a Jag, a Prius, a Buick and a couple of Fords. If you told me I can only keep one, this is what I would keep."

Darn good van

By on Monday, September 7, 2009

"Bought new in 2004. Has been a great van to own and drive. Have had minor problems, which was repaired by the dealer. Cant beat the ride."

Not worth it...

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"I bought my 2005 Quest back in Nov of 2006 with just under 13000 miles on it. For the first few months I was at the service center at least twice a month getting stuff fixed. To list a few things would be the Catalytic Converter, replacing the Moon roof panal in the rear and fixing one of electronic sliding doors. This was before the van hit 15000 miles. The allignment was almost impossible to have corrected. When the tire place couldn't get it right I went to the dealership and it took them three times before it was right. I currently have a problem with one of the sliding doors and the rear door. They were a great feature in the beginning having the remote and everything, but they have turned out to be more of a hassle. I now have to manually open all of my doors. The rear door will not close all the way now...haven't priced that out yet. The slider doors also freeze shut in the winter. I live in TX where it doesn't snow and they still wont open until it warms up. My kids had to climb thru the front seat. The only way I would recommend this vehicle would be buying the base model with no extras. Mine has everything except the rear camera and navigation. I don't want to imagine what would be wrong with those right now. I hope this helps potential buyers out a little!"

By on Sunday, August 2, 2009

"Loved the old Nissan Quest 96 minivan. The 2004 was a big dissapointment.The quality was so inferior to the past model. Everything is made of plastic. Vents,shields etc. are all made of plastic Parts fall out of the ceiling or crack."

Good Vehicle

By on Thursday, April 23, 2009

"I bough this van new in 2005, bought the base model. Has been a good vehicle so far, no major issues other then basic wear: oil changes, front end alignments, replaced battery, rear brakes and tires. Have almost 80K on it. Get about 19-21 mpg on average. The AC works great, the seats are comfy, if I could change something it would be to add a little more leg room on the drivers side, it's kind of cramped and I not really that tall. My only complaint is my CD player got a CD stuck and has not been able to work since (probably to expensive to get it fixed), and the passenger side windows "memory" is off, had it fixed once at the dealer, but not going to pay for it again. The seals around the door are sometimes sticky and makes opening the door kind of tough at times. But other then that, it has been a great vehicle and has lots of room inside for all my 4 kids. Tires are kind of expensive for this van, but I got a different size and they seem to work great. I buy my tires at Firestone and they have a lifetime alignment that I purchased and when I get my tires rotated I always get an aligment too. Good vehicle!"

Worst on 4 wheels

By on Monday, April 13, 2009

"This van feels like you are driving in a wind tunnel. Brakes have been replaced 6 times in 4 years. Massive break pulsations. Dealer said nothing wrong with it. Automatic door does not work. Dealer inspected 4 times and said nothing wrong with it. Save your money and if you consider buying hit yourself in the face with a pan!"

The best van I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"We have owned a base model Quest for almost two years and are trading it for a new Quest SL today. Until this van, I could not stand to even ride in my wife's vans. We have had a Ford Windstar, Honda Odyssey, and Oldsmobile Silhouette before this one. This van is actually fun to drive. And this is coming from someone that owns a Hummer too. I actually do not mind driving her van. The styling is great and the gas mileage is better than our other vans. We frequently get 26-29 miles per gallon on the highway. City economy is 17-19 mpg. I see other people complaining about the brakes but we have nearly 48000 miles on the van and the brakes still work great. The only time it has been in the shop (beside oil changes and tire rotations) is for a rattle in the back. Something was loose in the back door. We have enjoyed this van so much, that it was an easy decision to upgrade to another Quest. I highly recommend this van to anyone. By the way, the only reason I gave a 4 for comfort is because by legs get a little cramped on long trips. I am 6'2" with bad knees. It would be nice if the driver seat went back another 2 inches. With this said, I have test drove the Odyssey, Sienna, Entourage, and Sedona and they do not have any more legroom than the Quest."

Great overall van

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Have owned our 08 SL for about 4 months and so far so good. Only issue was a loose tire valve which leaked air, but was fixable at home with a screwdriver. Overall a great minivan for the money. We got one with just about every except leather. I've owned a Maxima and Altima so I knew the 3.5 was a quality motor and it's great in such a heavy vehicle. Fit and finish is also very good. The seats are somewhat unsupportive vs the 04 and 06 Honda Odyessys we owned prior. There are a few little things we missed on the Honda that the Nissan doesn't have (cupholder placement, storage, esp. the sliding glass on the rear sliding doors, etc). We do LOVE the power hatch, reverse camera and parking sensors. The DVD player is nice, but not really used as much as you'd think(short trips to kids activities). Overall ride quality is good, but "sloppy" on turns when compared to the Honda. If I had to do it all over again, we'd probably go back to the Odyessy IF the price was within a few 1000 apart. The Honda just felt "right". Not saying the Quest is bad by any means. But with the huge tiered rebate program a few months back nothing came close in price with all the features this van has. I can't complain too much. If Nissan could get more supportive seats, power windows in 2nd row, tighten up the suspension a bit and refine the little things. It would be the best minivan by far. As for mpg. Late summer we were averaging 16-17mpg in city. With the winter blend gas, last 2 fill ups were about 14-15 all city driving. A few mpg lower than our Hondas. but it only has 3K miles or so, so once it's broken in it should go up."

Do not waste your money

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"problems since we drove it off the lot. Bought it brand new and starting having problem at 210 miles and at 66000 still having problems."

love this minivan

By on Sunday, July 6, 2008

"for a military budget family. this had all the bells and wistles we needed for a lower price vs. toyota or honda minivans. Not to mention a bigger cargo. we love this van and will drive it til it dies. and then buy another one.. i highly recommend this van. Give it a chance and take a test drive."

Regret my purchase!

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"I purchased the Quest based on looks alone and boy do I regret it. I have had the car in service more times in the past three years since I purchased it than any other car I ever owned. The doors rattle, the power doors sometimes do not work, I have replaced both front and back brakes (done at 28,000 miles) and am on the third set of tires. Don't buy this car - you will regret it!"

good vehicle

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"Overall, its a good van. Performance wise; it has lots of passing power. It handles well in corners. I have no handling or performance issues with this van. We have never been stranded. We've taken it from Southern CA to the Grand Canyon, and all the way up to MN, fully loaded with luggage carrier on top. The extra power points are nice. I'm not sure if I would've sprung for the Entertainment pkg or not. My only complaints are: - the tires that come with it have short life span. - Interior components are cheap. - overhead lights and vents do not stay in ceiling. - Center vents break easily. - the paint on the shifter knob wears off easily. - windsheild is expensive to have replaced. - rear shocks leaked before 30K miles. - Does not come with the cross rails for luggage storage on the roof. ($300. through dealer) Now, they are much cheaper.(less then $100) - the shape of the roof rails makes it hard to get after market ones that fit properly."

worst vehicle ever owned

By on Monday, December 3, 2007

"power sliding door quit window motor quit in down position 28 degree day shift lever fell of -- 1st day fuses contantly blow one wheel goes flat each time temp drops close to freezing. 8 times in for service on this one and over a year later the van is flat now I could go on and on"

Love it/Hate it

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"First, I love the gas mileage. I had a Dodge Caravan before and find the gas mileage coming in at 20 to 22 mpg depending on how you drive to be very good. Mileage is very dependant on how you drive though as my mother-in-law driving the van will immediately put the gas mileage in the gutter. If you like to bunny rabbit out of the light, you are going to have horrible readings as this is not a sports car. She loves the ride compared to har car though. Things that I miss from my Caravan is the cargo handling ability. The Caravan I could take out the seats and have a flat floor. True, it's easier to fold the seats down in this van, but they leave the floor 'bumpy' so you can't carry cargo. The ventilation controls seem wierd too. If you have the defrosters on the front windshield and switch to vent, the air-conditioning remains engaged with the light out and still blowing cold air. Turning the air-conditioning on and then back off will make it revert to normal air. Maybe my memory is off, but I thought I could load a lot heavier stuff in the Caravan before the front would act like we were in an airplane taking off. The vents in the Quest also seem to be VERY fragile. At first, I got upset when my 7 year old broke the vent in the ceiling "It just popped out Dad", only to find myself breaking the one on the other side without being rough with it. The local dealer, although the biggest in the state, did not have a replacement and when it came in it didn't match the color. Don't know if that's a problem with my dealer or the normal deal with Nissan as this is my first and probably last Nissan."

Buyers beware!!!

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"I am a navy wife and thought this van would be a good investment for my family. I was wrong. Being that my husband is gone a lot, I have a hard time taking my two young kids to the shop for little problems like cheap plastic breaking or the breaks wearing down so fast. Run away from this van!!!! This year alone, I have taken this van to the shop 8 times. most of the time I have to bring it back to actually have the work done. They always have to "order the parts". Don't make the same mistake I did. Average milage is around 19-20mpg. I don't drive that much (afraid of it breaking) so it should get better mpg than that, but it doesn't. I hope this review helps you."

Never Again

By on Thursday, August 9, 2007

"I brought a Quest in 1999. Five years and 60,000 miles later I had to replace the transmission. Very Disappointing. I really love the new restyled Quest, so I leased a 2006 (leasing to avoid the transmission problem - I'd trade it in before 60,000 miles). I've had it a year and 4 months; the automatic sliding door has been repaired three times. Everytime it jams open and the car is unusablable until repair. I've had the automatic rear hatch fixed twice. More than 3 weeks in for repairs. My advice - BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID of the Nissan Quest."

Nice Styling, not so good Mechanically

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"I may have gotten a mechanical clunker, but the van is the best for roominess. It has plenty of power, even fully loaded. I have had minor problems with the exhaust, a window motor, weird vibrations and knocking noises, which took the dealer 2 or 3x to correct. The van looks really good. It seems to go thru Front brakes quickly. I have 34,000 miles on it and have had brakes changed 3x with one change including rotors. Maybe it is my wife's driving? Who Knows."

I love my van.

By on Friday, July 4, 2014

"This van has excellent performance and is the best vehicle I have ever owned."