2005 Nissan Quest

7.5

Based on 374 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

7.6/10

Major problems after 60,000

By on Friday, October 16, 2009

"Great van for four years but now, problems- bought new at end of 2003. Lots of recalls in early years but handled by dealer so no out of pocket costs. Now that car is out of warranty, having major issues. LIke other reviewers, rattling in engine turned out to be rusted heat shield, not timing chain; then oxygen sensor went bad; car computer failed and was replaced; now oxygen sensor is still showing faulty. My mechanic is having a stroke over this car. Recommends selling since more major repairs are likely to happen in future. Very disappointed - breaks my heart to get rid of this van. If only engine matched ride and features."

Best in class

By on Monday, August 6, 2007

"It's the mini-van for people who hate mini-vans. That's me and it might be you. The styling is exceptional, of course and separates the Quest from other boxy competitors. The 3.5 liter, 240BHP engine is always eager and smooth through the gears. I' d like for the seats to have a little more thigh support but the configuration and room inside the cabin does allow for easy back-and-forth motion, reclining to one's tastes and an easy to find comfort position to ride or drive. The room inside the Quest is notable as are the ease of entry and exit thanks to the wide track opening of the sliding doors. Mileage for a 4000lb van is exceptional in my view. I've averaged around 21mpg in mixed driving which has exceeded my expectations. The Quest is an excellent vehicle for all the reasons one buys any vehicle and it might be the one you want if you're the type, like me, that doesn't like to follow the beaten path. A slight annoyance that I'm attempting to remedy is the fact that my van did not come with factory installed XM satellite radio. It's configured for that capability but has resulted in some frustrating forays into the after market in attempting to find all the hardware: Unit, harness, cables and antenna. I'm closer to getting all that done and properly installed but it is a task to find anyone with the proper configuration to make this a factory installed reality. If you want satellite radio, it's best to buy one with it already installed, obviously. The cost of getting the hardware is around $300 and most dealers then want an additional $300-400 to install, so be advised if you're thinking of adding it later."

Really nice, very comfortable and has great torque

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of power, comfortable, looks good too."

Cons: "its a minivan.... not cool."

"I was suprised to find I actually like driving this mini van. I am a muscle car guy and did not want to be seen in this. I was very impressed with the power and comfort. It has everything and plenty of room for my large frame. We took it on vacation and loved it. The ride quality is as good or better than my cadillac. You also have plenty of room to haul stuff as the back chairs fold down and the others move too. I had a full 12 foot ladder inside this van. wow it really is a great vehicle."

Our first minivan - now we want another!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Nice ride, good features"

Cons: "3rd row head rests, some faulty trim"

"We were hesitant about buying a minivan at first, but with two kids and a hobby of travelling, it made the most sense. We love the Quest. We got a lot of features for the price - back-up camera, automatic sliding doors and rear hatch, skylights all throughout, very roomy, decent gas mileage. One big reason for not rating it 5/5 for all categories is the design of the rear head rests. When you want to fold the seat down you have to remove them manually and store them in a nylon bag provided by Nissan. While we didn't think it would be a big deal at first, it turned out to be a royal pain. I believe they have since redesigned this. Other than that we are happy. The only other issue has been some of the black rubber trim coming loose on the roof and near the sliding side door. We are now in the market for a new Quest!"

Great Family Van...Great for Traveling on vacation

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "DVD system, tow package and roof top racks"

Cons: "seats arent as comfortable as they could be"

"I bought this when I adopted my son...it is a wonderful van to have with kids. Very roomy and travels well with lots of cargo room."