2005 Nissan Quest

7.5

Based on 369 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

7.6/10

Awesome Value for a Family Van

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "Low price, reliable, powerfull, spacious, style"

Cons: "Front seats lack comfort, no custom parts"

"If you have a large family and even a couple of babies in large car seats it fits us all well. The front seats are not comfy but function well. Middle row seats are adjustable to allow more or less leg room. Back seat fits three adults fine and have cup holders and good amount of room. The back has tons of room for 5 peoples luggage. Power wise the van does great with its size and fully loaded it does well up high elevations too. These have the same 3.5L motor as the 350Z and it sounds good. Trans shifts smoothly and docile, not for racing at all but will spin the tires at a stop light with Traction Control Off. Not many custom items for van, few chrome do-dads, would benefit from a new exhaust to rid of the notorious Pinch in the pipe and the restrictive muffler. Use of the 91 Octane is only usefull on days above 90deg, heavy hauling, or going up-hill alot. Perfect van for a budget and reliable as any Nissan."

We'll probably buy another one

By on Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Just like a lot of consumers, I really wanted a mini-van, but most of them seemed way outside of my price range (typical mini-van consumers = families with small children = limited disposable income). I did a lot of research, and although the Toyota Sienna was my top choice, it was too expensive. The Nissan Quest was my second choice, and we happend to get a great deal... so, the great price coupled with the fantastic safety features, and we had a new family vehicle. We've had the van over 2 years and never had one problem. We've taken this on many trips across many states, and I still love it. The A/C works perfectly, the interior has held up to 2 rowdy toddlers. We took a 4 day road trip with 7 people, 12 suitcases and a large cooler, and we were comfortable the whole way! Even those in the very back. We will probably buy another Nissan Quest... Even if we have enough for that Toyota Sienna I wanted in the first place."

Love this van

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "style, comfortable"

Cons: "repairs seem a little early for the mileage"

"I love the way this van looks! Not to mention the room my teenage boys have in the 3rd row seat!!! I am not happy however, that I just replaced the catalytic converter at 98k. I haven't had many other issues but do worry at the mileage we are at now may be turning to a money pit."

Best Van for the $$$$$

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "great value and the best LOOKING minivan EVER!"

Cons: "Brakes seemed like they were underpowered"

"This was my 2nd consecutive Nissan Quest, with the first being the middle of the line optioned version. This time we went with the leather/DVD/auto everything model and it has been a great vehicle from the start. Driving at reasonable highway speeds yields surprising MPG, I have averaged over 28 mpg on trips of 500 miles when the geography has been more or less level. When keeping up with traffic becomes a priority, I get more like 22-23 mpg. The ONLY thing I feel could have been more solidly built on this van would be the brakes. This one is a few hundred pounds heavier than the first model, and you can feel it in the brake pedal. I had to have the brakes done at 40K miles, which is a little early in my opinion. All the electronic/power options work like a charm, although the fancy sunroof panels were a waste as I keep them closed almost all the time, they contribute significantly to the solar hotbox effect in summer sun! The seats are not as soft or even as supportive as some other model vans, but I have never had any issues with leg fatigue or discomfort on the longest trips (I regularly drive the entire duration of all family trips, some in excess of 600 miles in a day). ALSO, and this is IMPORTANT...when you fold all the seats, you can fit 4x8 sheets of plywood in the van. I've had trucks that won't hold full sheets of plywood."

I WILL NEVER BUY A NISSAN AGAIN!!!!

By on Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pros: "When the car is actually running, its drives nice"

Cons: "See above. Bottom line is that I find this car to be unreliable."

"Bought the car used and put 30,000 miles on it. within that time, I've replaced 6 coil packs, two cam shaft sensors, the rear motor mount bolts broke off . . yes. . they broke off, EVAP system issues, doors not closing or working right, leaking roof, center dash works intermittenly, and also had to repair various fuses/bulbs, and the DVD player burned/went out. Goes through batteries super fast, I replace it almost every 12 months. Put simply, worst car I have ever purchased. Left us stranded up in the mountains on our camping trip."

I love this car. I bought it in 2006 and the only

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"repairs I have had on this car is the replacement of rotors and brakes. The car is nice to drive and very dependable. The only negative thing is the mileage I get with it. It gets 18mpg but it really has the get up and go especially on entrance ramps. I know I am going to have a hard time finding a replacement for this car."

Nice mini-van

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pros: "Great seats and ride comfort."

Cons: "Verry poor milage."

"Bought a 2008 Quest with 30,000 milesa on it. Got a fair price. I really like the seats in this vehicle but, find that the drivers seat does not exted far enough back for my 6 foot tall legs. It would be nice if the seat bottom would rise up more; it would help to support my legs. I get no where near the claimed milage. On a 1700 mile trip I averaged 19.8 miles per gallon. Around town (for me it would be considered mixed driving) I average 13-14 mpg. Previous vehicle was a Ford Taurus. The Taurus averaged 23-24mpg around town and 27-29 mpg on the road. My wife loves the quest. It is a very comfortable vehicle to ride in. Everyone that rides in the back is amazed at the ride quality and seats. The power doors are a nice addition."

wonderful

By on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THIS VAN,I HAVE DRIVEN THIS VAN HALF A DOZEN TRIPS TO MEXICO, ALL I'VE PUT IN IT IS GAS. VERY ECONOMIC, THIS IS THE BEST VEHICLE I'VE OWNED SO FAR. HONDA, TOYOTA ARE NO MATCH FOR THE QUEST. IT'S BEEN MY BEST INVESTMENT SO FAR, VAN WISE... MY KIDS LOVE IT!!!"

Worst Car EVER

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"This absolutely the worst car ever. From day one it was a nightmare. Interior parts fell off and hit you in the head. The computer had to be replaced 4 times. Windows and doors would open by themselves randomly. Would return to van and the windows and door would be open. Would lock and unlockon on its own. Nissan denied the random window opening until I got a video of it going all polterguist. Tires had to be replaced at 15,000. Front and rear brakes had to be replaced twice in 30,000 miles. I am not heavy on the brakes have never had an issue with a previous car. Lots of electrical problems too and strange rattles. Spent 58 days in the shop in one year. Lost money getting rid of it but thrilled to be done with my Nissan nightmare!"

Best in class

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"It's the mini-van for people who hate mini-vans. That's me and it might be you. The styling is exceptional, of course and separates the Quest from other boxy competitors. The 3.5 liter, 240BHP engine is always eager and smooth through the gears. I' d like for the seats to have a little more thigh support but the configuration and room inside the cabin does allow for easy back-and-forth motion, reclining to one's tastes and an easy to find comfort position to ride or drive. The room inside the Quest is notable as are the ease of entry and exit thanks to the wide track opening of the sliding doors. Mileage for a 4000lb van is exceptional in my view. I've averaged around 21mpg in mixed driving which has exceeded my expectations. The Quest is an excellent vehicle for all the reasons one buys any vehicle and it might be the one you want if you're the type, like me, that doesn't like to follow the beaten path. A slight annoyance that I'm attempting to remedy is the fact that my van did not come with factory installed XM satellite radio. It's configured for that capability but has resulted in some frustrating forays into the after market in attempting to find all the hardware: Unit, harness, cables and antenna. I'm closer to getting all that done and properly installed but it is a task to find anyone with the proper configuration to make this a factory installed reality. If you want satellite radio, it's best to buy one with it already installed, obviously. The cost of getting the hardware is around $300 and most dealers then want an additional $300-400 to install, so be advised if you're thinking of adding it later."