2005 Nissan Quest

7.5

Based on 362 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

7.6/10

Has been a workhorse; huge cargo area, reliable

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, huge cargo area"

Cons: "Noisy, hard to find good service, parts"

"Vehicle has been a workhorse. Reliable. Huge cargo area. OK comfort on long trips, a bit noisy (it IS a big box). Odd-size tires replaced with slightly different standard size. Interior has held up well. Repairs: Failed fuel pump at 140K was the only major repair due to failure. Had difficulty getting good service on front end after deer strike. Parts now becoming scarce. Center console took some adjustment, but works ok. Control panel too complicated, need to look for buttons, even after 9 years of ownership. Really stupid mirror control switch location (by left knee, still in use on my 2013 Nissan NV 2500 work van)."

A swiss army knife on wheels with style

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Feature laden, hauls lots of stuff."

Cons: "Mechanical reliability & build less than stellar."

"I am a car guy and resisted getting a minivan until my kids made me. That said, I have owned many vehicles and this one stands out for its combination of comfort, convenience and usefulness. The styling of the interior was different and cool, with lots of glass in the roof and all day comfortable leather seats that, dare I say it, were designed to mimic a quality ladies handbag. The Bose stereo unit has had some issues but still sounds good and the DVD player, which was unusual at the time, still works great. A nifty appliance all in all."

How can you not like this car?

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Most practicle car I ever owned."

Ready to go!

"I inherited this car from my wife who didn't want to have the "soccer mom" image anymore and switched to a crossover. I sold my '86 Chevy step-side and glad I did. I don't know what I'd do without this van. It has towing package so I can haul "stuff". I have an adapter for the hitch that allows me to put my kyak on board too. On recent trip in south I visited a lot of cival war sites. With the back seats down I camped in comfort. When I go to Home Depot or Lowes guy's with trucks stare at me as I load a 4x8 sheet of plywood and 10' 2x6's and can still close the tailgate. And one more thing, it's a great tailgate machine at football games."

Ready to go!

Disappointed in my quest

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "It is a pretty van"

Cons: "Only 57,000 miles and not holding up"

"As a previous owner of a Windstar, I have been disappointed with the Nissan. I don't feel that the service has been great as with the Ford. Nickel and dime me for items which were covered on my other vans. Rear sensors only worked for 4 years. Backup camera is awesome. Rear wiper arm has to be replaced at Nissan instead of replacing on own - gets really expensive. Cup holders on captain's chairs have broken off - very inconvenient place - you hit them every time you get out. When I took it in during the first year, I was told that I had to replace the whole seat (no coverage). Looking at other used Quests with the same cup holders, they are broken off too! I think it was a design flaw. Our 98 Olds mini van still has working cup holders! In the age of electronics, the location of the outlets to charge phones is not convenient for a family. Visor mirror broke off - really, I have never had that happen in any car that we have owned. At 57,000 miles, the low tire pressure light keeps coming on. At $75 each to fix, it is becoming a money pit to fix. For a van that has been kept in the garage and used as the back up vehicle, I don't think it has been a good purchase. In 6 years, we don't have that many miles to have so many little things going wrong with it. When we purchased it, the dealer promised us only minor repairs and then when we got to 90,000, it would start to need more. I don't think that I will make it to 90,000!"

Best Family wagon...Wife's dream ride.

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Great value....holds value."

Cons: "NONE!"

"We bought used the SE version FULLY loaded...and we will drive the wheels off of it. We've been driving it for 5 years now and even compared to current NEW models, we want to stay with this van. The style and comfort are perfect for 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 dogs. Recently drove from Omaha, NE to Florida completely maxed out with luggage and kids, and it performed flawlessly. Japanese engineering at its absolute finest."

See if you qualify for