2005 Nissan Quest

7.5

Based on 369 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

7.6/10

Awesome Value for a Family Van

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "Low price, reliable, powerfull, spacious, style"

Cons: "Front seats lack comfort, no custom parts"

"If you have a large family and even a couple of babies in large car seats it fits us all well. The front seats are not comfy but function well. Middle row seats are adjustable to allow more or less leg room. Back seat fits three adults fine and have cup holders and good amount of room. The back has tons of room for 5 peoples luggage. Power wise the van does great with its size and fully loaded it does well up high elevations too. These have the same 3.5L motor as the 350Z and it sounds good. Trans shifts smoothly and docile, not for racing at all but will spin the tires at a stop light with Traction Control Off. Not many custom items for van, few chrome do-dads, would benefit from a new exhaust to rid of the notorious Pinch in the pipe and the restrictive muffler. Use of the 91 Octane is only usefull on days above 90deg, heavy hauling, or going up-hill alot. Perfect van for a budget and reliable as any Nissan."

We'll probably buy another one

By on Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Just like a lot of consumers, I really wanted a mini-van, but most of them seemed way outside of my price range (typical mini-van consumers = families with small children = limited disposable income). I did a lot of research, and although the Toyota Sienna was my top choice, it was too expensive. The Nissan Quest was my second choice, and we happend to get a great deal... so, the great price coupled with the fantastic safety features, and we had a new family vehicle. We've had the van over 2 years and never had one problem. We've taken this on many trips across many states, and I still love it. The A/C works perfectly, the interior has held up to 2 rowdy toddlers. We took a 4 day road trip with 7 people, 12 suitcases and a large cooler, and we were comfortable the whole way! Even those in the very back. We will probably buy another Nissan Quest... Even if we have enough for that Toyota Sienna I wanted in the first place."

Love this van

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "style, comfortable"

Cons: "repairs seem a little early for the mileage"

"I love the way this van looks! Not to mention the room my teenage boys have in the 3rd row seat!!! I am not happy however, that I just replaced the catalytic converter at 98k. I haven't had many other issues but do worry at the mileage we are at now may be turning to a money pit."

I WILL NEVER BUY A NISSAN AGAIN!!!!

By on Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pros: "When the car is actually running, its drives nice"

Cons: "See above. Bottom line is that I find this car to be unreliable."

"Bought the car used and put 30,000 miles on it. within that time, I've replaced 6 coil packs, two cam shaft sensors, the rear motor mount bolts broke off . . yes. . they broke off, EVAP system issues, doors not closing or working right, leaking roof, center dash works intermittenly, and also had to repair various fuses/bulbs, and the DVD player burned/went out. Goes through batteries super fast, I replace it almost every 12 months. Put simply, worst car I have ever purchased. Left us stranded up in the mountains on our camping trip."

Best Van for the $$$$$

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "great value and the best LOOKING minivan EVER!"

Cons: "Brakes seemed like they were underpowered"

"This was my 2nd consecutive Nissan Quest, with the first being the middle of the line optioned version. This time we went with the leather/DVD/auto everything model and it has been a great vehicle from the start. Driving at reasonable highway speeds yields surprising MPG, I have averaged over 28 mpg on trips of 500 miles when the geography has been more or less level. When keeping up with traffic becomes a priority, I get more like 22-23 mpg. The ONLY thing I feel could have been more solidly built on this van would be the brakes. This one is a few hundred pounds heavier than the first model, and you can feel it in the brake pedal. I had to have the brakes done at 40K miles, which is a little early in my opinion. All the electronic/power options work like a charm, although the fancy sunroof panels were a waste as I keep them closed almost all the time, they contribute significantly to the solar hotbox effect in summer sun! The seats are not as soft or even as supportive as some other model vans, but I have never had any issues with leg fatigue or discomfort on the longest trips (I regularly drive the entire duration of all family trips, some in excess of 600 miles in a day). ALSO, and this is IMPORTANT...when you fold all the seats, you can fit 4x8 sheets of plywood in the van. I've had trucks that won't hold full sheets of plywood."

I love this car. I bought it in 2006 and the only

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"repairs I have had on this car is the replacement of rotors and brakes. The car is nice to drive and very dependable. The only negative thing is the mileage I get with it. It gets 18mpg but it really has the get up and go especially on entrance ramps. I know I am going to have a hard time finding a replacement for this car."

Nice mini-van

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pros: "Great seats and ride comfort."

Cons: "Verry poor milage."

"Bought a 2008 Quest with 30,000 milesa on it. Got a fair price. I really like the seats in this vehicle but, find that the drivers seat does not exted far enough back for my 6 foot tall legs. It would be nice if the seat bottom would rise up more; it would help to support my legs. I get no where near the claimed milage. On a 1700 mile trip I averaged 19.8 miles per gallon. Around town (for me it would be considered mixed driving) I average 13-14 mpg. Previous vehicle was a Ford Taurus. The Taurus averaged 23-24mpg around town and 27-29 mpg on the road. My wife loves the quest. It is a very comfortable vehicle to ride in. Everyone that rides in the back is amazed at the ride quality and seats. The power doors are a nice addition."

wonderful

By on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THIS VAN,I HAVE DRIVEN THIS VAN HALF A DOZEN TRIPS TO MEXICO, ALL I'VE PUT IN IT IS GAS. VERY ECONOMIC, THIS IS THE BEST VEHICLE I'VE OWNED SO FAR. HONDA, TOYOTA ARE NO MATCH FOR THE QUEST. IT'S BEEN MY BEST INVESTMENT SO FAR, VAN WISE... MY KIDS LOVE IT!!!"

Worst Car EVER

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"This absolutely the worst car ever. From day one it was a nightmare. Interior parts fell off and hit you in the head. The computer had to be replaced 4 times. Windows and doors would open by themselves randomly. Would return to van and the windows and door would be open. Would lock and unlockon on its own. Nissan denied the random window opening until I got a video of it going all polterguist. Tires had to be replaced at 15,000. Front and rear brakes had to be replaced twice in 30,000 miles. I am not heavy on the brakes have never had an issue with a previous car. Lots of electrical problems too and strange rattles. Spent 58 days in the shop in one year. Lost money getting rid of it but thrilled to be done with my Nissan nightmare!"

Best in class

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"It's the mini-van for people who hate mini-vans. That's me and it might be you. The styling is exceptional, of course and separates the Quest from other boxy competitors. The 3.5 liter, 240BHP engine is always eager and smooth through the gears. I' d like for the seats to have a little more thigh support but the configuration and room inside the cabin does allow for easy back-and-forth motion, reclining to one's tastes and an easy to find comfort position to ride or drive. The room inside the Quest is notable as are the ease of entry and exit thanks to the wide track opening of the sliding doors. Mileage for a 4000lb van is exceptional in my view. I've averaged around 21mpg in mixed driving which has exceeded my expectations. The Quest is an excellent vehicle for all the reasons one buys any vehicle and it might be the one you want if you're the type, like me, that doesn't like to follow the beaten path. A slight annoyance that I'm attempting to remedy is the fact that my van did not come with factory installed XM satellite radio. It's configured for that capability but has resulted in some frustrating forays into the after market in attempting to find all the hardware: Unit, harness, cables and antenna. I'm closer to getting all that done and properly installed but it is a task to find anyone with the proper configuration to make this a factory installed reality. If you want satellite radio, it's best to buy one with it already installed, obviously. The cost of getting the hardware is around $300 and most dealers then want an additional $300-400 to install, so be advised if you're thinking of adding it later."

Total LEMON!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Cons: "MONEY PIT!"

"My family and I actually loved this car at first. Total comfort/luxury is what we thought. Smooth ride great handling, but then it all came to an end. The front motor mount kept breaking and you would think that the dealer would have said something after changing it, 3 times, but no. Then the transmission failed just before the warranty expired, thank goodness, they replaced it. Then just after 1 year later the replaced transmission failed, but of course the 1 year warranty for the replaced transmission had expired as well, along with a new loud clanking timing chain sound. The dealer service writer said the timing chain was commonly replaced with these cars at 120,000 miles. Now the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. What a mess! Approx $10,000.00 in repairs later (tires, brakes, tune ups, included),enough is enough. LEMON"

Great engine and handling. Poor quality interior.

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Quick and paid for."

Cons: "Overall quality not great."

"Engine is great. Acceleration is great. Handles like a car. Better looking than most vans. Seats are comfortable and very roomy. Good cargo space. Lots of cupholders. Interior components are CHEAP and feel like they will snap off. (Some have) Power sliding door once got stuck and then fell off when I tried to force it closed. Eventually, just straightened the hinge and cut the cable for the motor. Now manual door: problem solved! Doors always freeze closed in winter even though I silicone the weather stripping. Power hatch works most of the time. Nissan has a propensity for attaching aluminum components to steel underneath, so have had lots of rotted aluminum clanking around underneath. Cheap steel oilpan rusted through. Lots to like and lots to dislike. Probably second and last Nissan."

Business and Family do mix

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "looks great, drives great, awesome for family trip"

Cons: "loud ride"

"I bought this car for business use as well as hauling my family of 5. I got the top of the line all the bells and whistles model. I felt comfortable driving around co-workers and colleagues as well as my family. The cons are it's a bit of a noisy ride and there are only two cupholders in the front of the car. I love the car -- it looks good, runs great, and has all the bells and whistles that keep mom and dad happy. I would do it all over again. We looked at the Odessey but for what we paid and what we got, the Nissan was a great choice!"

MIGHT AS WELL HAVE A CAR PAYMENT

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Very Roomy"

Cons: "Always under repair, expensive parts"

"What a piece of junk. Had 2 ABS computers replaced under warranty and now I'm on the hook for the third. Had to put a timing belt in it last year. Repairs added up pretty quick. Nissan sold a lemon and they know it. Do not purchase. Whatever you do, run away from this car..."

Our first minivan - now we want another!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Nice ride, good features"

Cons: "3rd row head rests, some faulty trim"

"We were hesitant about buying a minivan at first, but with two kids and a hobby of travelling, it made the most sense. We love the Quest. We got a lot of features for the price - back-up camera, automatic sliding doors and rear hatch, skylights all throughout, very roomy, decent gas mileage. One big reason for not rating it 5/5 for all categories is the design of the rear head rests. When you want to fold the seat down you have to remove them manually and store them in a nylon bag provided by Nissan. While we didn't think it would be a big deal at first, it turned out to be a royal pain. I believe they have since redesigned this. Other than that we are happy. The only other issue has been some of the black rubber trim coming loose on the roof and near the sliding side door. We are now in the market for a new Quest!"

Great Family Van...Great for Traveling on vacation

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "DVD system, tow package and roof top racks"

Cons: "seats arent as comfortable as they could be"

"I bought this when I adopted my son...it is a wonderful van to have with kids. Very roomy and travels well with lots of cargo room."

Awesome!

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "Wonderful for Family"

Cons: "Seats lack contour to the back."

"The only complaint was the seats are not the most comfortable. They should be more contoured to the body. Other than that...AWESOME!!! Would own another one if I still had small children to tote around! :-)"

2004 Quest - Less than thrilled

By on Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Thank goodness I'm a mechanic! The car eats brakes and at 115,000, I've done a bunch of them. God help you if you ever need to change spark plugs. The build quality is sub-standard. Pieces randomly fall off, radio decides not to work on a regular basis, DVD got the idea to follow the radio and is also intermittent. Power sliding door needs help to close. LCD dash blinks out on occasion. It rides very low and scrapes on anything taller than 3 inches. The catalytic converter has a habit of snagging wayward plastic bags (dumb design) and stinking things up a bunch. I just wish it would catch one on fire and burn the van out of my misery. lol All that aside, it does move you well down the road (at 20 mpg) and is comfortable to drive. You could do better, but you could also do much worse."

A mixed bag!

By on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"I have a 2006 Quest. I think it is the most comfortable, practical and roomy van on the market. Great for long trips and never broke down on me. BUT it is not well built and is expensive to maintain. Tires cost a fortune, small plastic parts from my air vents broke, expensive belts have worn out already, plastic retainer pins have popped off and the worse was a tapping noise I was getting. The noise is from a door the allows hot or cold air. The motor that controls this small door is part of a larger unit and are sold as a unit. The whole thing has to be replaced. Total repair is $1900 -- until it is repaired my van is stuck in the heat position."

Major problems after 60,000

By on Friday, October 16, 2009

"Great van for four years but now, problems- bought new at end of 2003. Lots of recalls in early years but handled by dealer so no out of pocket costs. Now that car is out of warranty, having major issues. LIke other reviewers, rattling in engine turned out to be rusted heat shield, not timing chain; then oxygen sensor went bad; car computer failed and was replaced; now oxygen sensor is still showing faulty. My mechanic is having a stroke over this car. Recommends selling since more major repairs are likely to happen in future. Very disappointed - breaks my heart to get rid of this van. If only engine matched ride and features."

Outstanding Minivan

By on Monday, January 05, 2009

"We have owned this vehicle for 5 years and have 75,000 miles on it. Nissan did this vehicle right. Pro *Plenty of Interior Room for 7 people *18 MPG Town and 25+ Hwy MPG *Plenty of power. Mustang GT's beware! *Ease of entry and Exit *Comfortable Seating *Great A/C even in Texas *No major maintenance cost so far. Just Gas/Tires/Oil/Battery/Brakes *Plenty of safety features This vehicle works as good today as it did when new! Con -Goodyear makes only exact fit tire. You'll have to go + to get any options - Brakes wear a little sooner than expected 20-25K miles between pads. Rotors replaced at 60K miles. - This van is BIG. Parking takes practice. - Sheet metal is a little flimsy. Dents easily. Both of us love this vehicle and we plan on keeping it another 5 years. We love the center gage stack. I wish more automakers put all the gages in the middle. You never have the tach, speedo or anything else covered up by the steering wheel."

i would buy another one for sure

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2008

"I absolutely LOVE my Quest! We currently have 30K miles on our 2007 QuestS and have had NO problems worth complaining about. We cart around two kids and often an elderly grandma & grandpa who find the middle seats to be very accomodating. We have also used this van for moving *all* of our stuff to a new condo. When we take our friends for a drive, the first comments they make are about how nice and roomy and comfortable the van is - even for tall people. We have taken it on several overnight trips and even slept in it on one occasion and found it to be comfortable riding in and do-able sleeping in. It gets GREAT mileage as is (17-25) but when we turned off the traction control our average around town driving went from 17mpg to 20. On trips, we don't get less than 25mpg and around 30 with TCS off. We have NEVER had a problem with the power doors/hatch thus far and think that it's reliability was worth every penny. Before we bought it, we were comparing it to the Odyssey, but we found both models to be very similar with similar long -term issues (mostly cosmetic things) and decided to go with the one with the cheaper price tag. We bought ours in June and were able to get a new one for used car price. Even though we got a great deal, next time we'll wait until the end of the year to get the BEST prices with lowest financing."

A swiss army knife on wheels with style

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Feature laden, hauls lots of stuff."

Cons: "Mechanical reliability & build less than stellar."

"I am a car guy and resisted getting a minivan until my kids made me. That said, I have owned many vehicles and this one stands out for its combination of comfort, convenience and usefulness. The styling of the interior was different and cool, with lots of glass in the roof and all day comfortable leather seats that, dare I say it, were designed to mimic a quality ladies handbag. The Bose stereo unit has had some issues but still sounds good and the DVD player, which was unusual at the time, still works great. A nifty appliance all in all."

Great minivan!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable, economical, and great quality."

Cons: "Front seats are very comfortable."

"I have owned and driven this van for 9 years. It has been very reliable, and still runs like new after 157K miles. Interior and exterior have held up very well. Fuel economy is great as we average 21.7 running around town and 25 on the highway. Front seats are a little uncomfortable as the ergonomics aren't very good. The only minor issue we keep having is with the automatic window close mechanism as it runs the window to the top and then it drops back down several inches. We have had this fixed twice but the issue keeps coming back. Overall it is a great van and has required only the routine maintenance. It has held up much better than the Dodge Grand Caravan. This model year Quest has plenty of room inside. We do a lot of cycling so when the bikes come they sit up in the back with the front wheels removed. I don't think you can do this with the new Quest as there is not enough head room. Very great van and it will keep me going back to Nissan for the my next vehicle."

Great for the busy family

By on Monday, February 11, 2013

Pros: "Fast, Powerful, easy to travel in."

Cons: "Fragile interior, plastic parts break easy."

"Bought the van at 45K and now almost 150K. It has been very reliable and to present it has always returned us home with out fail. Do not like the middle seat cup holder location. You end up sitting on the plastic holder every time you exit and after a couple of times it breaks off. Repairs have just been the normal tires, brakes, bulbs and batteries. Great Runner!"