2004 Nissan Quest

7.5

Based on 373 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

7.6/10

It's a Nissan

By on Saturday, December 26, 2015

Pros: "Typical Japanese engineered vehicle with 0 failure"

Cons: "not a thing"

"I bought this new in 2005, currently 30,000 mile. I don't drive a lot as shown in my odometer, and I don't trust mechanics, so I do all the mechanical work at home. After owning this car for more than 10 years, I can write a legitimate review. I haven't had a single failure for last ten years. Only issue is the factory equipped Goodyear LS tires that was recently replaced. Another issue is the way engine is mounted; pretty difficult to replace spark plugs; that probably explains why Nissan opted to use 100,000 mile spark plugs from the factory. Those who make friends with mechanics, prepare to spend good money on tuneup or if EGR sensor need to be replaced. I checked the brake caliper, they're well within safety limit, but front disc is seemingly warping as I can feel subtle vibration when vehicle is coming to stop. Instead of turning original disc for $30 from reputable machine shop, I chose to buy pair of (allegedly customer return item) front discs from Amazon for $23. Other than normal maintenance such as oil, fluids or tires, my total maintenance cost of owning this car for ten years is $23, that is, about $2/year. That's not bad!"

Not your typical van

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "sleek, easy to drive, love the back-up sensors"

Cons: "2nd row passenger windows don't open"

"Few things to note: Buy direct from a Nissan dealership. If there are issues with the vehicle, Nissan employees are able to troubleshoot them best. We had a few issues where we could get the issue fixed at the dealership we bought it from, but had to bring it to Nissan for calibration. Not crazy about the orange display, but it's Nissan standard If you have power sliding doors, they will freeze in the winter. However, I still recommend paying the extra for the power doors- very convenient. Love the sunroof and the glass panels throughout the back. There are a lot of great features. When the car is in reverse, your side mirrors change position, back up sensors (should be a must in all vehicles), tinted rear view mirror, power 3rd row windows...etc... Overall, we like the van. We've had it for 6 years and plan to keep it until it's end of life."

Very accommodating for many uses.

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Works well for any 'project'"

Cons: "Suggest: console for 2nd row captains' chairs"

"Vehicle was purchased to mainly accommodate my Mother's wheelchair, walker, canes, etc. Since her death, the vehicle has been very useful for transferring plants, soil, gravel, etc., for yard use; and, suitcases and/or coolers, etc., when traveling. I now find that I no longer have the need to have such a large vehicle and will be 'down sizing' vehicle size soon."

Great minivan!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable, economical, and great quality."

Cons: "Front seats are very comfortable."

"I have owned and driven this van for 9 years. It has been very reliable, and still runs like new after 157K miles. Interior and exterior have held up very well. Fuel economy is great as we average 21.7 running around town and 25 on the highway. Front seats are a little uncomfortable as the ergonomics aren't very good. The only minor issue we keep having is with the automatic window close mechanism as it runs the window to the top and then it drops back down several inches. We have had this fixed twice but the issue keeps coming back. Overall it is a great van and has required only the routine maintenance. It has held up much better than the Dodge Grand Caravan. This model year Quest has plenty of room inside. We do a lot of cycling so when the bikes come they sit up in the back with the front wheels removed. I don't think you can do this with the new Quest as there is not enough head room. Very great van and it will keep me going back to Nissan for the my next vehicle."

Can't Really Complain

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

"I've driven this car for nearly 186,000 miles, and haven't even had to have it tuned up. It runs beautifully, and still has real good power. I replaced the driver window motor twice, the fuel pump twice, and the rear bearings on both sides. Aside from normal things like tires, brakes, and batteries, that's it!"