2004 Nissan Quest

7.5

Based on 364 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

7.6/10

fairly nice automobile

By on Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I don't own this car

"need transmission checked for possible fluid change- shifting roughly"

Great, Reliable, "Sports Van"

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"Great van. I want to get something newer but this van has been so reliable that I don't want to take the chance of buying something else and it not be as reliable and good as this van has been for my family. We have owned it for 6 years and plan on continuing to own it for a long time. Just recently had to start some repairs like new spark plugs and some hoses. First repairs since we have bought it. These are normal wear and tear items. No major repairs."

Love this van

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "style, comfortable"

Cons: "repairs seem a little early for the mileage"

"I love the way this van looks! Not to mention the room my teenage boys have in the 3rd row seat!!! I am not happy however, that I just replaced the catalytic converter at 98k. I haven't had many other issues but do worry at the mileage we are at now may be turning to a money pit."

Never buy a Nissan again

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "Carries a lot of stuff"

Cons: "High maintenance"

"Trans went out at 94k miles. New battery every two years. More problems stalling out in traffic."

Family bus

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Room, convience package, power"

Cons: "none yet"

"We bought our 2005 Quest SE with 55,000 miles on it and now have 97,000. My wife loves it and says she'll keep it until it falls apart. We have been all over the East coast with it as well as down south and never had a hiccup. The dual DVD player has come in handy on those long trips with the kids. We have always maintained this van using Mobile 1 synthetic oil (which i swear by) and our fuel mileage is better than listed above. There have been a few small quirks~fuel gauge and odometer screen goes out, rattling from cat converter which should be replaced here soon. Plenty of room for long hauls with fold down seats, almost as much as my F250. The 3.5 litre engine provides plenty of power when needed."

STAY AWAY, BUY AMERICAN

By on Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Pros: "Piece of junk"

Cons: "should have bought American"

"When I was looking at buying a minivan I looked at a lot of reviews. The quest seemed to be a decent buy for the money. What a mistake. This vehicle is awful in the winter. The traction control is terrible. Why would anyone want to slow down going up a hill with snow on it. I always ended up turning the t/c off when driving in snow. Every time the tires would think about spinning the front end would shake up and down like your driving over the rumble strips that would rattle your teeth. Hate to do any repairs to the thing because everything cost an arm and a leg. Like everyone else the sliding door doesn't seal tight. Every morning I would have to go outside to open the doors for my wife because they froze shut overnight. I felt like I was going to break the doors. The worst thing about nissan that I found out from my mechanic is that they don't use gaskets in their motors. They use silicone for their gaskets. Iver time the silicone breaks down and it starts to leak oil. The only way to fix the leak is to tear the parts off the motor and put on the stuff that didn't work before. it cost about $2000 to do this. Don't ever buy a nissan."

Total LEMON!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Cons: "MONEY PIT!"

"My family and I actually loved this car at first. Total comfort/luxury is what we thought. Smooth ride great handling, but then it all came to an end. The front motor mount kept breaking and you would think that the dealer would have said something after changing it, 3 times, but no. Then the transmission failed just before the warranty expired, thank goodness, they replaced it. Then just after 1 year later the replaced transmission failed, but of course the 1 year warranty for the replaced transmission had expired as well, along with a new loud clanking timing chain sound. The dealer service writer said the timing chain was commonly replaced with these cars at 120,000 miles. Now the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. What a mess! Approx $10,000.00 in repairs later (tires, brakes, tune ups, included),enough is enough. LEMON"

Great engine and handling. Poor quality interior.

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Quick and paid for."

Cons: "Overall quality not great."

"Engine is great. Acceleration is great. Handles like a car. Better looking than most vans. Seats are comfortable and very roomy. Good cargo space. Lots of cupholders. Interior components are CHEAP and feel like they will snap off. (Some have) Power sliding door once got stuck and then fell off when I tried to force it closed. Eventually, just straightened the hinge and cut the cable for the motor. Now manual door: problem solved! Doors always freeze closed in winter even though I silicone the weather stripping. Power hatch works most of the time. Nissan has a propensity for attaching aluminum components to steel underneath, so have had lots of rotted aluminum clanking around underneath. Cheap steel oilpan rusted through. Lots to like and lots to dislike. Probably second and last Nissan."

I love this car. I bought it in 2006 and the only

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"repairs I have had on this car is the replacement of rotors and brakes. The car is nice to drive and very dependable. The only negative thing is the mileage I get with it. It gets 18mpg but it really has the get up and go especially on entrance ramps. I know I am going to have a hard time finding a replacement for this car."

Great for the busy family

By on Monday, February 11, 2013

Pros: "Fast, Powerful, easy to travel in."

Cons: "Fragile interior, plastic parts break easy."

"Bought the van at 45K and now almost 150K. It has been very reliable and to present it has always returned us home with out fail. Do not like the middle seat cup holder location. You end up sitting on the plastic holder every time you exit and after a couple of times it breaks off. Repairs have just been the normal tires, brakes, bulbs and batteries. Great Runner!"