2004 Nissan Quest

7.5

Based on 366 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

7.6/10

Excellent family vehicle

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room. Stylish in and out."

Cons: "Some electrical problems."

"At 10+ years, this van still looks good and runs great. We performed all scheduled maintenance and oil changes. After year 7 we started having the following troubles: the second-row heating controls stopped working, so only the front-seat passengers can regular heat/AC for front and rear. The radio cuts out when we go over bumps but comes back on. The auto-up on the passenger front window will take the window all the way up and bring it back down about 3". You have to put it back up again to make it stay. There is a loud tapping when it is first started, but the mechanic told us that once the car warms, it will go away. He is right. After about 5 min it goes away. My struts are now shot. The interior is fantastic. It is beautiful, comfortable, and has lots of storage. 6' tall passengers have plenty of leg room in the first and second rows. The third row is a tighter fit, but not as bad as any of the other vans I have been in. The third row is very heavy to get up and down, but it is much more substantial than those in other vans. The panoramic windows have always been a hit, and the DVD player has never failed us. I will miss this vehicle and will be sad to let it go. I do mostly city driving. Average 19.6 mpg."

Excellent vehicle

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "elegant looking, good price, comfortable."

"One of the best cars that I drove. Excellent, comfortable, and practical. Very good for a big family and for moving small stuff."

Nissans are always great cars

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Rides and drives like car. Glass roof, Comfy"

Cons: "gas milage, rear seats not split"

"I have only owned this van about 4 months, bought it used at 119,000 miles, it's a 2004 loaded. It drives and rides like a car. Lots of room, love the sunroof and fixed glass in the rest of the roof. Only dis-likes, are gas milage (about 16 mpg around city). And back seats are not split, so they are very heavy to fold up and down for 1 woman. If they were split seats, it would be great. All seats are really comfortable. They are leather."

Roomy, classy, comfortable, easy to get in n out

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "roomy easy to get in smooth ride"

Cons: "no open windows second row"

"My son is 6'5" and fits in my back seat very well. even the 3rd row is comfortable. People love how comfortable the seats are, nice and wide . the ride is very smooth and it takes curves well at a higher than normal speed even. Just tried it to see how it would do. I love the smokey gray color, it is a very classy looking car . It is a 2006 but people think it is brand new. I love that the dash board is in the middle not behind the steering. The second row windows don't open at all would like for them to roll down.. I ride a lot of elderly it is easy to get in seats at hip height just sit and turn legs in. Second row cup holder on the outside of seat by door, broke off as people would get in and out of car, would have been better to put it on the inside of seat. I like the way the back is made on 20206 better than the look of the 2014 to boxy."

value and durability questionable.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Open interior access."

Cons: "shoddy construction of interior fixtures."

"At 96,000 miles the engine failed with a defective cylinder. A new engine was purchased. The plastic interior fixtures and dashboard weak and shaky. rear seats difficult and tedious to lower into floor. Tire size and type expensive. No tow package available. Too low for bumpy terrain. Low gas mileage. Replaced steering arm and wheel bearing. My repair costs approximately $6,000. It must have been assembled on Friday or Monday."

Still love it after 5 years...

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

"I have been very satisfied with my 2009 Nissan Quest. It is now 5 -years old and paid for. For the first time in my life I don't even want to think about a new car. This one still drives and looks new and it meets all my needs."

I love my van.

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

"This van has excellent performance and is the best vehicle I have ever owned."

Has been a great car with minor fix-ups

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Can carry an 8 foot sheet of wallboard"

Cons: "Front end problems over the years"

"Other than front end problems over the years, this has been a very reliable vehicle"

Very Dependable - Satisfied Owner

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "Spacious layout, very dependable powertrain"

Cons: "Lots of road noise in cabin."

"I bought this van used 6 years ago and have put about 100k miles on it. Positives-power train has been excellent; only oil changes and basic maintenance engine/tranny wise. Very spacious, plenty of power for highway driving. Very comfortable for a larger driver like me. Negatives - cabin ride has always been noisier than I would like. Around 90k miles needed front end work (ball joints, sway bars) that would have cost about $2k if I hadn't purchased an extended warranty. Beverage holders on captain's chairs in center row are in the way and not very well laid out ergonomically ("first world problem", I know....) Is it a "luxury ride"? No. Has it been a very dependable family vehicle for us for 6 years? Absolutely! Am I glad I bought it? Definitely. Would I buy another one? Yes."

2006 Quest is going on 7 years old & trouble free

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "Most reliable and great safety record."

Cons: "Highway mileage only averages about 26 MPG."

"I've been gas station owner and auto repairman;been driving about 60 years and have owned GMs, Chryslers, Fords, Toyotas, Lexus, and Nissans, and worked on many more. The Quest (80,000 miles)along with the two Grand Marquis (500,000 miles combined) have been trouble free. The two Lexus were nearly trouble free. The Grand Marquis have been discontined, so I will rank order from my experience without it. 1)Nissan Quest; 2)Lexus; 3)Fords; 4)Toyotas; 5)GMs; 6) Chrysler."

Not your typical van

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "sleek, easy to drive, love the back-up sensors"

Cons: "2nd row passenger windows don't open"

"Few things to note: Buy direct from a Nissan dealership. If there are issues with the vehicle, Nissan employees are able to troubleshoot them best. We had a few issues where we could get the issue fixed at the dealership we bought it from, but had to bring it to Nissan for calibration. Not crazy about the orange display, but it's Nissan standard If you have power sliding doors, they will freeze in the winter. However, I still recommend paying the extra for the power doors- very convenient. Love the sunroof and the glass panels throughout the back. There are a lot of great features. When the car is in reverse, your side mirrors change position, back up sensors (should be a must in all vehicles), tinted rear view mirror, power 3rd row windows...etc... Overall, we like the van. We've had it for 6 years and plan to keep it until it's end of life."

Best van on the road

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "size"

"Great van for the family"

Very accommodating for many uses.

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Works well for any 'project'"

Cons: "Suggest: console for 2nd row captains' chairs"

"Vehicle was purchased to mainly accommodate my Mother's wheelchair, walker, canes, etc. Since her death, the vehicle has been very useful for transferring plants, soil, gravel, etc., for yard use; and, suitcases and/or coolers, etc., when traveling. I now find that I no longer have the need to have such a large vehicle and will be 'down sizing' vehicle size soon."

Great Value and Like New!

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power, clean and in very good condition"

Cons: "Cup holder rear right seat is broken"

"Loaded and a great family car. Leather heated dual front seats, rear captain seats, 6 Disc Bose CD changer, DVD, remote audio and visual, air front and rear, rear audio control, privacy glass, side and rear automatic doors. Single owner, 73,000 miles, no accidents, has lots pep! Must see to appreciate value!"

Has been a workhorse; huge cargo area, reliable

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, huge cargo area"

Cons: "Noisy, hard to find good service, parts"

"Vehicle has been a workhorse. Reliable. Huge cargo area. OK comfort on long trips, a bit noisy (it IS a big box). Odd-size tires replaced with slightly different standard size. Interior has held up well. Repairs: Failed fuel pump at 140K was the only major repair due to failure. Had difficulty getting good service on front end after deer strike. Parts now becoming scarce. Center console took some adjustment, but works ok. Control panel too complicated, need to look for buttons, even after 9 years of ownership. Really stupid mirror control switch location (by left knee, still in use on my 2013 Nissan NV 2500 work van)."

A swiss army knife on wheels with style

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Feature laden, hauls lots of stuff."

Cons: "Mechanical reliability & build less than stellar."

"I am a car guy and resisted getting a minivan until my kids made me. That said, I have owned many vehicles and this one stands out for its combination of comfort, convenience and usefulness. The styling of the interior was different and cool, with lots of glass in the roof and all day comfortable leather seats that, dare I say it, were designed to mimic a quality ladies handbag. The Bose stereo unit has had some issues but still sounds good and the DVD player, which was unusual at the time, still works great. A nifty appliance all in all."

How can you not like this car?

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Most practicle car I ever owned."

Ready to go!

"I inherited this car from my wife who didn't want to have the "soccer mom" image anymore and switched to a crossover. I sold my '86 Chevy step-side and glad I did. I don't know what I'd do without this van. It has towing package so I can haul "stuff". I have an adapter for the hitch that allows me to put my kyak on board too. On recent trip in south I visited a lot of cival war sites. With the back seats down I camped in comfort. When I go to Home Depot or Lowes guy's with trucks stare at me as I load a 4x8 sheet of plywood and 10' 2x6's and can still close the tailgate. And one more thing, it's a great tailgate machine at football games."

Ready to go!

Disappointed in my quest

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "It is a pretty van"

Cons: "Only 57,000 miles and not holding up"

"As a previous owner of a Windstar, I have been disappointed with the Nissan. I don't feel that the service has been great as with the Ford. Nickel and dime me for items which were covered on my other vans. Rear sensors only worked for 4 years. Backup camera is awesome. Rear wiper arm has to be replaced at Nissan instead of replacing on own - gets really expensive. Cup holders on captain's chairs have broken off - very inconvenient place - you hit them every time you get out. When I took it in during the first year, I was told that I had to replace the whole seat (no coverage). Looking at other used Quests with the same cup holders, they are broken off too! I think it was a design flaw. Our 98 Olds mini van still has working cup holders! In the age of electronics, the location of the outlets to charge phones is not convenient for a family. Visor mirror broke off - really, I have never had that happen in any car that we have owned. At 57,000 miles, the low tire pressure light keeps coming on. At $75 each to fix, it is becoming a money pit to fix. For a van that has been kept in the garage and used as the back up vehicle, I don't think it has been a good purchase. In 6 years, we don't have that many miles to have so many little things going wrong with it. When we purchased it, the dealer promised us only minor repairs and then when we got to 90,000, it would start to need more. I don't think that I will make it to 90,000!"

Best Family wagon...Wife's dream ride.

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Great value....holds value."

Cons: "NONE!"

"We bought used the SE version FULLY loaded...and we will drive the wheels off of it. We've been driving it for 5 years now and even compared to current NEW models, we want to stay with this van. The style and comfort are perfect for 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 dogs. Recently drove from Omaha, NE to Florida completely maxed out with luggage and kids, and it performed flawlessly. Japanese engineering at its absolute finest."

Great minivan!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable, economical, and great quality."

Cons: "Front seats are very comfortable."

"I have owned and driven this van for 9 years. It has been very reliable, and still runs like new after 157K miles. Interior and exterior have held up very well. Fuel economy is great as we average 21.7 running around town and 25 on the highway. Front seats are a little uncomfortable as the ergonomics aren't very good. The only minor issue we keep having is with the automatic window close mechanism as it runs the window to the top and then it drops back down several inches. We have had this fixed twice but the issue keeps coming back. Overall it is a great van and has required only the routine maintenance. It has held up much better than the Dodge Grand Caravan. This model year Quest has plenty of room inside. We do a lot of cycling so when the bikes come they sit up in the back with the front wheels removed. I don't think you can do this with the new Quest as there is not enough head room. Very great van and it will keep me going back to Nissan for the my next vehicle."

It is a better car among 13-4 cars I have had.

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "dashboard storage cover broken; do not know how?"

"If I am going to buy another minivan, I'll buy a Nissan Quest again."

Good but not GREAT

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

"Loved this car for the first 4 years. Then, everything started breaking down...ie. electric sensors, dvd player, etc. With only 35,000 miles on a 5+ year old car, I am disappointed with the quality. My Nissan Murano never let me down."

fairly nice automobile

By on Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I don't own this car

"need transmission checked for possible fluid change- shifting roughly"

Great, Reliable, "Sports Van"

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"Great van. I want to get something newer but this van has been so reliable that I don't want to take the chance of buying something else and it not be as reliable and good as this van has been for my family. We have owned it for 6 years and plan on continuing to own it for a long time. Just recently had to start some repairs like new spark plugs and some hoses. First repairs since we have bought it. These are normal wear and tear items. No major repairs."

Love this van

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "style, comfortable"

Cons: "repairs seem a little early for the mileage"

"I love the way this van looks! Not to mention the room my teenage boys have in the 3rd row seat!!! I am not happy however, that I just replaced the catalytic converter at 98k. I haven't had many other issues but do worry at the mileage we are at now may be turning to a money pit."