2002 Nissan Quest

7.9

Based on 108 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

Practical and Dependable

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and trustworthy"

"I have owned this car for 12 years. It has been a pleasure for our family. I have done regular maintenance on it and have had no serious engine or transmission issues. It is still powerful and looks great. And has moved four kids and all their gear back and forth to college. Nissan did a great job with it's design and performance."

Great Van

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "reliable, good engine and tranny"

Cons: "sliding door sensors break"

"Great reliable van engine and transmission wise."

reliable and functional vehicle

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "nice ride; comfortable"

Cons: "the driver side window needed repair 2x"

"bought it 8 yrs ago at 50K mi on it and now at 125K and have had no major issues; pulled regular maintenance every 3-5k mi; replaced battery twice; brakes as needed; replaced spark plugs/wires once; recently replaced left cv boot. she's been good to me, my kids, the grand kids and the dog."

This car has been such a blessing! We've owned it

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"for about 9 years now, no engine issues and it drives great!"

Best Minivans Made in 99 & 2000

By on Monday, December 23, 2013

Pros: "Reliable"

On A Quest!!!

"Very reliable vehicle."

On A Quest!!!

Nice ride, drives like a car

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive definately!"

Cons: "I can't think of anything I don't like"

"I love this van, the look is different and it drives like a car. It's comfortable, has lots of room and the kids love it. It has two sliding doors one on each side which makes it very easy for kids to get in and out. I never wanted a minivan because of the soccer mom look but this van looks more like a wagon van mix and I absolutely love it, mine has over 150,000 miles on it but drives like it has 2. I would definitely recommend this car for any one who needs the space and still want an original look."

Greatest vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "lots of room for passengers as well as storage."

Cons: "Console is not real sturdy."

"Totally reliable! One owner car that has been maintained on a regular schedule and it runs like a kitten still. Although most of the miles are highway miles, in town driving is great also. Have spent a minimal amount on repairs (sensors, tune-ups, and new struts, etc.) - couldn't be happier with it. The only reason I am even thinking about selling is because my spouse wants a pick-up."

Great van, minimal repairs

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "easy to park and drive, good price"

"I have owned my van since 2000. I purchased from a local dealer, as a program vehicle. It had less than 30,000 miles on it. I have maintain it regularly with oil changes and other required maintenance on a regular basis. When the engine got up to 95,000 miles we started using high-mileage oil. I have found that not all gas is the same and the engine does not like some of the newer blends. Exxon, Shell and Walmart brands seem to run the best. Also, I use Lucas fuel treatment on a regular basis to help keep the fuel injectors clean."

Very reliable... bought the van used in 2008.

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "7 passenger"

Cons: "Exterior was not designed properly"

"Bought the Van in 2008 from a used lot, with 106,000 miles. No major work was ever needed, change every 3,000 and brakes when needed. All repairs done by me. The only down fall to this van, it is not stylish enough. "If you have a treat it right it will love you back""

Do not buy it!

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

"I was duped by the salesman when I bought this one. In addition to paying more than $8k for it, I've sunk more than $2k into the engine and it still runs like garbage. Not the reliable mom car I signed up for."

Great Purchase

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "driving, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Bought car new in Feb. of 2002. Has had zero mechanical problems, other than replacing worn out parts (front and rear brakes - rear not until 136000 miles). Drives great for a van. Put together tightly, no gaps and rattles. MPG not so great - about 22 on highway and 17 in city."

GREAT family vehicle

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "very affordable, comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "no dvd player(its VHS)"

"2000 Nissan Quest-It seats 7 people comfortably and room for luggage/grocery behind the 3rd row seating. Cold A/C in front and rear. This van has a VHS player(which was the best at the time). We have had minor mechanical problems and been able to do at home w/o putting in the shop. Overall, with the age of the van, we have been very satisfied with dependablity and comfort. I would highly recommend Nissan Quest to anyone looking for a minivan."

I loved my van!!!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

"We would still own this but our family got too large. 4th on the way. Sad to see it go!"

This has been a great car. We hate to let it go!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Very reliable. It seats 7. Great value."

Cons: "Poor fuel ecconmy. 18 MPG if you're lucky."

"This has been such a good car we gave it to my daughter to keep it in the family."

Was alright for a while, until things went wrong!

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Reason: Too many problems!

Pros: "Comfortable!!"

Cons: "Not the best quality on ANYTHING..."

"I don't have too much to say, since I only owned it for three months, but we put 3,000 miles on it, had to replace the distributor (#350 ) and had other annoyances to deal with. It seemed as the transmission was starting to go, as it was slow to shift from second to third, and seeing that this year (2000) was made by ford, it really wouldn't suprise me if the transmission was on its way out. It was also rusting pretty profusely in the rear sliding doors and inner rocker panels. *sigh* Otherwise, we LOVED The way it drove and rode (aside from the clunky front suspension...) It is VERY COMFORTABLE!!"

Great Car..one owner..very good exterior

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Very good value"

Cons: "Year 2000."

"Single Owner, timing belt change at 103K, recent brake work. Good clean seats, carpets needs some shampoo at places..Running boards, roof rack, two tone color, great exterior, no accidents not even fender bender."

It's honestly becoming a headache...

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Convenient features."

Cons: "Poor quality on almost everything..."

"We bought this van used, and have only had it a short time. The transmission is slipping into reverse, and sometimes when it's cold won't go in reverse at all. There has been a mysterious clunk in the front end, which is annoying. The passenger side door handle came unhooked inside the door, and only works from the inside, which is another annoyance. It is rusting on the sliding doors, and the rocker panels. The motor runs good and strong, and always starts on the cold days, however it is more noisey than your average motor. We love this van, it drives awesome and is very comfortable. It has many convenient features, it was just made with poor quality. I am disappointed overall, and sad but glad to see it go."

My second Nissan Quest - First 1995 and now 2001

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Shorter than newer vans, cargo space, comfortable"

Cons: "Great to 110k..then a money pit. Not made to last."

"I like these vans because they are short enough to fit in my garage and because you can remove the middle seat, slide the back seat all the way up and have tons of room for hauling things. Then when you are done hauling...you slide the bench back and you have seats again. Both of my vans ran great until about 110K miles then they get expensive. 1995 needed all kinds of work including a new transmission. 2001 - I've repaired A/C compressor, multiple check engine lights (knock sensor that won't go away with repairs), multiple motor mounts (they are a bad design that often break)To name a few **sigh** I like my van...but am afraid it is becoming too expensive to keep. I think I will try Honda next time."

The Best Family Vehicle I ever owned!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Reason: Trade In

Pros: "Very comfortable"

"We have a family of five,and we have camped out in this vehicle,towed our quads and dirt bikes on an open flat trailer through the mountains and into the desert with this vehicle. This van never let us down. I would buy this exact same van if I could get one new."

My 2000 Nissan Quest is awesome!

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"I bought it at eleven years old, and it's a great vehicle. The only small issues are the heat only work on high (resistor) and the door handle on the passenger front door doesn't work on the outside (it came unhooked inside the door panel). There is some rust on the sliding doors, but other than that it is a great vehicle! It's comfortable, great looking, and reliable. I would recommend it to anyone. There are a lot of convenient features!"

Proven Design, Excellent Value, Still looks modern

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Value, dependability, comfort"

Cons: "Watch the plastic sliding door handles"

"We bought the van new in April, 2002. We now have 118K miles on her. The only unscheduled problem we have had was the axle boots ripped open around 62K miles, so we replaced both axles. This repair was completely unexpected as the vehicle is always garaged and not abused. When it hit 105K, I changed the timing belt, water pump (preventive maintenance only...no issues at the time, just easy to get to while the timing belt was off), drive belts and spark plugs. She continues to run like a champ. We have the SE model which improves handling; however, you can definitely feel the bumps when you hit them. We get between 20 and 21 miles per gallon driving a 50/50 mix of highway and city driving. Right now, the only issue we have is the radio display fades in and out which is a common problem on these vehicles. There is a cheap repair where you resolder the power supply lead on a circuit board inside of the radio. Right now, it's not bad enough to mess with so we are leaving it alone. We have the captain's chairs in the middle row which is comfortable for the kids. We also have the overhead video player which the kids love. We, the grandparents, love it to. Just turn it on and the kids will not make a sound except for needed bathroom breaks and the I'm hungry, feed me calls. The van came with Goodyear tires which lasted approximately 40K miles. Then we put on a set of Yokohama Avid Touring S tires which lasted almost 65K miles. These were really quiet tires; however, the weight of the van made the tires look underinflated. We now have on General Altimax RT tires which ride and handle excellent. They also appear to support the weight of the van a little better. It's too early to tell about tread wear but right now, it looks like they will last approximately 50K miles or so. The van's sliding door handles are a weak spot when the doors are frozen. Do not use these handles to break open the frozen door. Just grab the handle, pull on it until the door lock unlatches, then grab the body of the door and pull on it to break the ice holding the door closed. The handles are only plastic and cannot handle the pressure required to break the ice. I learned this the hard way. I like the white background on the instrument cluster found in the SE vans. They look really cool during the day and are easily legible during the night. The sound system is really good for a van. The SE came with the sub speaker system which gives it a little thump! I have used nothing but synthetic oil in the engine since it was new. It will burn approximately 1 quart of oil every 5K miles. I also have my oil analyzed at Blackstone Labs every 7.5K when I do the oil change. So far, engine wear is below the average level for this engine. I attribute this to the synthetic oil usage. I don't use the high dollar Mobil 1 or other high performance synthetic oils. I just use the Walmart brand synthetic since this is not a high performance engine. I used Mobil 1 in my 90 Nissan 300ZX twin turbo because this engine was a high performance engine and was often ran very, very hard. If you use synthetic oil, you can run this oil for the full 7.5K oil change interval recommended in the owner's manual. There is no need to change it every 3K miles like the oil companies recommend. They really like to see you spend your money for their oil! I'm going to change the transmission oil filter and oil when she hits 120K just to be safe. I have not had to touch the exhaust system so far, which is almost hard to believe. The muffler still looks and sounds good and the stainless still exhaust piping should last the entire life of the van. The van has a high performing AC system and the heat is warm within just a mile or two of starting out. There a few rattles in the sliding doors and rear hatch when you hit a fairly large bump, but it's not too bad. The van is definitely past middle age, so what would you expect? I have some rattles now, too. I hope this review helps you. If you can find a good used Quest van, I'd recommend it. No, you will not get a polished van like what is produced today. But you will save approximately 30K dollars if you were to buy a new one. Good luck."

1999 - great vehicle - very good acceleration

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cons: "poor local gas milage"

"Has completely met my needs."

love thhis van

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

"i love this van. i had it for 3 yrs and only had a couple things done to it. it drive great"

Great Family Van

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

I want this car

Pros: "4k!"

Cons: "its not an SUV"

"Great van for the family. double doors rock, and it being made from Nissan makes it better."

Decent car

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "Dependable, good cargo space, great a/c"

Cons: "Poor gas milage, terrible acceleration"

"I bought this van new with all options. It seems like Nissan uses cheap parts for interior. It has always rattled a lot. The gas mileage is terrible and we did replace the transmission at approx 100k miles a d recently the engine mounts broke but no other major repairs so far."

See if you qualify for