1999 Nissan Quest

7.9

Based on 113 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

Never again

By on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

"I have had my van since 2002. I just hit 100,000 miles. I have put 3 sets of brakes on the car (due to a defect of some sort-so I am told) . The front driver side door handle broke ($600 to get a black hande, $800 to get the paint to match the van). Next the passenger side door handle broke. Not spending $800 to fix this one, so my kids have to climb across the back seat. This is when we can actually get one of the doors open since they tend to freeze easily, and all the time! I have replaced the blower motor (the switch that lets you turn the heat/AC from low to medium to high) 4 times at $50 each time. The rearview mirror had something funky happen so it is stuck in the night-time vision mode. And the final straw was the radio lights and SOME of the dash lights went out. Not a fuse, and about $800 to take apart the entire dash to find/fix a lightbulb (glad I know which button is my fave radio station). Oh-the VCR broke after about 2 years, and the van is AWFUL in the snow. Glad to be unloading this van in the next week. Totally turned off of from Nissans-forever."

Great Sporty Van

By on Friday, November 02, 2007

"I've had my van for over 7 years and it's still going strong. I was not a 'van' person and didn't want to have to drive a large mom van since I'd had sportier cars before. The Quest fit the bill as it's fun to drive and doesn't feel like you're driving a truck. I've only had it in the shop twice (once for a recall & once to recharge the air conditioning). It runs fantastic and has plenty of power going over the mountains, even loaded. The rear quad seats are a bit small now that my sons are teens and over 6' tall, but other than that it's been a great car."

Great Value

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Less expensive than most counterparts. This is our second Quest. We put 40,000 miles on the first one in two years (a 2000). While getting it serviced at the dealer they made me a great offer on the 2002. The 2002 only has 60,000 miles in five years. Runs great and is very comfortable. We get about 15 mpg in town and 21 on the highway. My only complaint is the windows in the sliding doors pop open when you close the door."

It's honestly becoming a headache...

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Convenient features."

Cons: "Poor quality on almost everything..."

"We bought this van used, and have only had it a short time. The transmission is slipping into reverse, and sometimes when it's cold won't go in reverse at all. There has been a mysterious clunk in the front end, which is annoying. The passenger side door handle came unhooked inside the door, and only works from the inside, which is another annoyance. It is rusting on the sliding doors, and the rocker panels. The motor runs good and strong, and always starts on the cold days, however it is more noisey than your average motor. We love this van, it drives awesome and is very comfortable. It has many convenient features, it was just made with poor quality. I am disappointed overall, and sad but glad to see it go."

My 2000 Nissan Quest is awesome!

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"I bought it at eleven years old, and it's a great vehicle. The only small issues are the heat only work on high (resistor) and the door handle on the passenger front door doesn't work on the outside (it came unhooked inside the door panel). There is some rust on the sliding doors, but other than that it is a great vehicle! It's comfortable, great looking, and reliable. I would recommend it to anyone. There are a lot of convenient features!"