1999 Nissan Quest

7.9

Based on 110 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

Was alright for a while, until things went wrong!

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Reason: Too many problems!

Pros: "Comfortable!!"

Cons: "Not the best quality on ANYTHING..."

"I don't have too much to say, since I only owned it for three months, but we put 3,000 miles on it, had to replace the distributor (#350 ) and had other annoyances to deal with. It seemed as the transmission was starting to go, as it was slow to shift from second to third, and seeing that this year (2000) was made by ford, it really wouldn't suprise me if the transmission was on its way out. It was also rusting pretty profusely in the rear sliding doors and inner rocker panels. *sigh* Otherwise, we LOVED The way it drove and rode (aside from the clunky front suspension...) It is VERY COMFORTABLE!!"

Good value overall

By on Friday, January 09, 2009

"Owned since new and have taken good care of vehicle. Have had a few minor repairs done over the 145000 miles of driving. One window regulator replaced, radio light repaired, CV axle boots replaced at about 95K, heater core leak replaced, but just recently the cruise control stopped working - haven't had it repaired yet. It does get good gas mileage of about 21mpg in general mixed use and 25mpg on the highway when you drive 60mph or lower. Oh yeah also the vcr/video player did go bad after a few years and I never replaced it but just got couple of small mobile DVD players for longer trips with the kids. Engine and transmission have been great and I think it has very god power and handling - the SE has 225-60-16's and I think that helps the handling."

Never again

By on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

"I have had my van since 2002. I just hit 100,000 miles. I have put 3 sets of brakes on the car (due to a defect of some sort-so I am told) . The front driver side door handle broke ($600 to get a black hande, $800 to get the paint to match the van). Next the passenger side door handle broke. Not spending $800 to fix this one, so my kids have to climb across the back seat. This is when we can actually get one of the doors open since they tend to freeze easily, and all the time! I have replaced the blower motor (the switch that lets you turn the heat/AC from low to medium to high) 4 times at $50 each time. The rearview mirror had something funky happen so it is stuck in the night-time vision mode. And the final straw was the radio lights and SOME of the dash lights went out. Not a fuse, and about $800 to take apart the entire dash to find/fix a lightbulb (glad I know which button is my fave radio station). Oh-the VCR broke after about 2 years, and the van is AWFUL in the snow. Glad to be unloading this van in the next week. Totally turned off of from Nissans-forever."

Great Sporty Van

By on Friday, November 02, 2007

"I've had my van for over 7 years and it's still going strong. I was not a 'van' person and didn't want to have to drive a large mom van since I'd had sportier cars before. The Quest fit the bill as it's fun to drive and doesn't feel like you're driving a truck. I've only had it in the shop twice (once for a recall & once to recharge the air conditioning). It runs fantastic and has plenty of power going over the mountains, even loaded. The rear quad seats are a bit small now that my sons are teens and over 6' tall, but other than that it's been a great car."

Great Value

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Less expensive than most counterparts. This is our second Quest. We put 40,000 miles on the first one in two years (a 2000). While getting it serviced at the dealer they made me a great offer on the 2002. The 2002 only has 60,000 miles in five years. Runs great and is very comfortable. We get about 15 mpg in town and 21 on the highway. My only complaint is the windows in the sliding doors pop open when you close the door."