1998 Nissan Quest

Based on 99 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Good For the Long Haul

By on Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"We bought our Nissan Quest as the "Mom mobile" before our son was born. We bought it 2nd hand with app. 35,000 miles on it. It was loaded with bells and whistles (CD Player, Moon roof, alloy wheels, etc.) and provided a very stylish and safe vehicle when our son was in a child seat. It has a powerful V6 and can haul people and things and still get-up and go. It has been a stylish and very functional vehicle for many years. We've now kept it over 10 years and it has 168,000 miles on it and is still going strong. Other than normal maintenance and repair items it has never once broke down or had any major repairs for non wear items. I took out the 3rd row seat and use it like an SUV (hauling stuff, church camping trips, long beach trips, etc.) and it has nevery failed us. My only complaint is that I'll have to part with it eventually. If you can find one this year I highly recommend it as it is a great value. Nissan got it right with the original Quest. The highest compliment I can pay the vehicle is the fact that I could easily afford to replace it but have held onto it due to the fact it is paid for and very, very reliable and functional."

Great Family Van

By on Friday, September 11, 2009

"250,000+miles and no major problems at all!!! I love this van..."

Very Impressed

By on Friday, May 01, 2009

"I bought my '94 in '98 w/67k miles in NJ. Drove for a year, then in storage for 4 yrs. Not much legroom in the back, not much storage room, a lot of road noise... but drove like champ since i bought it, and just the same after being in storage. Now in south GA & 147k miles, only major work was exhaust system, starter, and timing belt. trans now shifts a little hard from 1st to 2nd. Pwr window switches need replacing. Fun to drive - good engine pwr - nice on higway - even at 80mph!"

Very Good Family Van

By on Saturday, November 08, 2008

"We bought our '93 in '02 with 97,000 miles on it and now it's at 167,000. No major problems. Very reliable. We have made one cross country trip to the East Coast from Colorado with it in "04 plus a trip to the Northwest in '07. On the highway in gets around 25 mpg. We are looking to down size to something more economical as your girls are both teenagers now and have cars of their own."

Really Great Vehicle

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"I bought my '94 XE in 2003 off a friend who had bought it new. I've used it for trips from OK to South Texas 12 times since'03 with no problems and a very comfortable ride. Even my 23 year old daughter has never complained about it. Gas MPG is still good around 23 on Hwy was closer to 27. This year started having problem if I try to use the passing gear but now I just use it around town and it's great. Now has 125000 plus and I still like to drive it. Has room to move things or help friends move. Very reliable. :)"