1996 Nissan Quest

Based on 100 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

It has been great.

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive ,no major repairs,just the oil at 300"

Cons: "Almost to nice to trade in for newer auto."

"THe auto is easy to drive ,even at 178300 miles I am getting 25 mpg.It is easy to park and once on the road drives smooth"

304,502 miles and going..

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"I am the original owner of a '93 Quest GXE and have 304,502 original miles with no engine work at all! Timing belt broke around 298,000, but my fault for ignoring it. Regular maintenance, oil, tires, belts, hoses, and still drive to work everyday 58 miles RT, plus weekend trips. AC recently not working (needs seal) and broken bolt on exhaust manifold yet it's passed the biannual CA Smog Cert. Roomy to carry 7 adults or kids, surfboards and kayaks (completely inside), take out middle seats and a full-size bed angles in for moving friends. Got my money's worth, 20-22 mpg, minimum repair costs, low license registration and insurance rates."

By on Thursday, March 20, 2008

"I have a 96 GXE.It's been a really decent van, I bought it used back about 6 yrs ago. The only problem I've had with it was the timing belt broke at about 150,000. It cost a little over 400.00 to fix it, besides that, oil changes, tires, etc the normal things is all I have had to do. It rides great, and I like the options with the removable seats in the middle, I took them out for a while, folder the rear seat up, and moved it to right behind the front row seats, lots of cargo room then. It's smaller than a lot of the other vans on the market, but it has a lot of interior room. It's been very dependable and now has over 164,000 miles on it, and still going strong. I am going to drive it till it falls apart. *smile*"

Reliable

By on Thursday, October 09, 2008

"I bought this 96 W/ 108k miles. It shifted hard into gear, and still does. Now 128k and engine has mild knock at startup, and a knock in the top that can only be heard w/ the hood up idling. I change the oil but the engine light came on till I used heavier oil. The heater works when it wants, the door & window gaskets leak. The fuel pump went out 102k on the road($500). It runs great w/plenty of power, is comfortable except middle seat leg room. Will sell because I don't know how long the eng & tran will last."

Best van I have owned (owned 4 total).

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Pros: "Very dependable."

Cons: "No problems, maybe cup holders are to small."

"I would have no problem jumping in, & drive to Orlando or Key West. We have properly maintained her, & she has rewarded us greatly. What a great ride."

still runnning

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"I am a 16 year old Sophmore, who has just started driving. I can remember in 1998 when my parents decided to buy a Nissan Quest van. Still today it is reliable, and even a fun car to drive."

Exceptional value

By on Saturday, February 23, 2008

"we bought our Quest in September of 2004 with 203,191 miles on it; we paid $1,200 for it; as of today (2/23/08) we have 210,575 miles on it; it has cost us 801.00 in repairs (exhaust heads biggest expense) and we calculate about $1,730 in annual insurance, taxes and registration costs; using these figures, the van has cost us $90 per month and 51 cents per mile (we do not include gas or maintenance costs); for a low usage, "extra" vehicle, this van has been a great pickup for us; the convenience of having it available when needed is far worth the cost; we give it an annual full detailing (inside and out) and keep the oil fresh. Higly recommend this vehicle if looking for an extra vehicle with towing capability and a lot of room for hauling and moving several people at once."

Great Auto!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"I bought my 1995 Quest off the show room floor. I've driven it for the past 12 years and it only has 64,000 miles on it. No major problems other than the heater blowers in the front and the back went out after 4 or 5 years--replaced at $600 each and the hardware on the middle and back window vents gave me a little trouble. The only reason I am getting rid of it is my 17 year old daughter doesn't want to drive a van her mom drove for 12 years!"

THIS QUEST WAS THE BEST!!!

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Reason: Drove her until she finally died

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NONE"

"I got my 1993 Nissan Quest back in 2010 for only $1600, when she had around 183,000 miles on her...She was owned by a family who bought her new back in 1992 or '93, and was a very reliable vehicle to them for the 17 years before I had her. As you can tell by my referring to the vehicle constantly as a "her", I quickly grew to love my Nissan Quest. I even gave her the name Bluejay, and found her to be the easiest to drive vehicle I've ever been behind the wheel of. She handled blizzard conditions as well as some 4-wheel drive pickups I've seen, and could make it through heavy rain and high winds with ease. She stood up to my new driver mistakes and not only got me my driver's license, but my friend as well. The only real problem I had with my Quest before her final breakdown was I needed to replace her A/C unit at around 208k miles, but that wasn't really a big deal. My Quest got me through my entire 2 years in community college, took me on multiple 500 mile round trips to San Francisco, dealt with being used as a mobile hangout zone for me and my friends, etc. She finally died at 214k miles after her timing belt slipped, fatally damaging her engine. For how much I loved this Quest and how well her overall performance was, I would HIGHLY recommend Nissan Quests to ANYONE who comes across one!"

Great car

By on Saturday, December 04, 2010

"We have owned a 1993 Nissan Qwest since 1992. We have 110,000 miles on it and aside from normal wear and tear replacement, the vehicle has been trouble-free. Very comfortable ride and with 110K on it-it's rattle free. With both rear seats folded down-a piece of sheetrock fits into the van allowing the back hatch to close."

By on Friday, May 02, 2008

Great value for the money

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2007

"Bought this one many years ago used (by one owner - garage kept) and for a 1993 it was fully loaded. It has been reliable, comfortable and looks better than another van we bought (1995 voyager) and has had only the usual need for maintenance. Will keep this one until it stops working... still use it for hauling stuff, etc. Wish the new ones made now had this type of ratings and reliability....now going to go with Chrysler's 2008 Town and Country van because of the ratings and all you get for your money. We can get a lot more features (bells and whistles) than nissan, toyota or honda are willing to give for the same money...too bad for them (like their engines but Chrysler is willing to back their transmission for a lifetime and we can't pass up a company that has that kind of confidence in it's product). Hopefully it will be in our family for many years to come!"

Great van I got it at 168,000 is 245000 now

By on Monday, September 05, 2011

"Very reliable,not problems at all.I paid 2800. The blue book price it at 3900,after 80,000 mi. I could not complaint."

Wonderful van!!!

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

Reason: she had gone her limit

Pros: "Great and very reliable!!"

Cons: "NONE"

"This was the best vehicle I ever owned. She had 311,000 miles and never any problems. I sure do miss her."

WE LOVE THIS CAR

By on Thursday, January 20, 2011

"I cant believe it but this will be my THIRD quest minivan that I have purchased. They last for at least 220,000 and are very easy to drive. My boyfriend and I laugh because we actually LOVE our minivan (we are in our late 20's) we got tired of "nicer" cars that break down all the time. THe quest is the MOST RELIABLE vehicle you can get. AND you can haul almost anything in it. They will run untill the wheels rust off or you crash it. I LOVE THIS VAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU NISSAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Nissan GXE van a phenomenal vehicle!

By on Friday, July 10, 2015

Pros: "See review above"

Cons: "Middle Window latches and rear window shocks weak"

"This van has been unbelievable! The original A/C just started having problems in 2014...in Texas since '92! Both front and rear A/C have been amazing. We've enjoyed the many luxury components...ex. electric Sunroof, Premium sound with CD, cassette, and Am/Fm and rear Stereo controls, power seats, door locks, and windows, 4 captains chairs, cruise, etc. We're the 2nd owner. The engine and transmission performance are still sturdy."

Dependable car

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Great to drive"

Cons: "I can not think of anything that was not offered."

"I had this car for about 5 years, bought it used at a Nissan dealer. It has served me well, living in snow areas and driving it up and down the mountain (6,000ft level) with no problems. Standard maintenance of brakes and oil changes. Also the 60,000 mile requirement of changing the timing belt, I replaced the waterpump at the same time. The rear windows are motorized and the motors seems to last not that long."

not good

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"water pump went out at 10000 @trans went out at140000 miles .$ 1.200 to fix trans."

so,so

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"this van is under powered a/c stoped working, motor pings like a there are marbles in the motor and i use high test gas, rides like a truck. gas milage is about 15 city 18 highway, power locks have a mind of there own, its an ok van nothing great,"

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

Dissatisfied Owner

By on Sunday, July 26, 2009

"During the 4 years of ownership, this car required constant repairs that totaled $6000+. The driven miles during the 4 years totaled less than 7,000 miles. The service provided by the local dealership was disimal. I suspect that the repair expenses would have been less had I not used the dealership."

By on Monday, August 18, 2008

By on Thursday, April 17, 2008

Quest is average

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"I have a '97 quest, unlike most cars of its model year, this car has been excelent as far as reliablity. It preforms well for a minivan, but is quite ugly and has uncomfortable seats. I am not pleased with the fact that only one row of seats comes out, making it harder to haul things. It is a good and inexpensive alternative to more flashy, newer minivans."

22 years and going strong!

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, simple styling, great handling"

Cons: "After 22 years, some plastic parts are going bad."

"I bought this car new and am still driving it. I've done my own oil changes and tune-ups, and the car is very easy to work on. I've driven it all over the country and have had a great time in it. After taking out the back seat, I found that I have plenty of room to put camping equipment and coolers for extended camping trips. To me, it's like a mini-RV. You can put an air mattress or a foam pad in the back if you don't feel like pitching a tent, and it sleeps one person very nicely. It does have a cassette deck, but fortunately I still have hundreds of them left over from years ago. A plug-in for an i-Pod would be nice, but it is what it is. I could afford a new mini van, but I really don't like the boxy look that most of them have. And since this vehicle runs like a top, why bother! I think Nissan makes great engines, and maybe this is why the car is at the top of my list."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next