1996 Nissan Quest

Based on 98 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

By on Thursday, March 20, 2008

"I have a 96 GXE.It's been a really decent van, I bought it used back about 6 yrs ago. The only problem I've had with it was the timing belt broke at about 150,000. It cost a little over 400.00 to fix it, besides that, oil changes, tires, etc the normal things is all I have had to do. It rides great, and I like the options with the removable seats in the middle, I took them out for a while, folder the rear seat up, and moved it to right behind the front row seats, lots of cargo room then. It's smaller than a lot of the other vans on the market, but it has a lot of interior room. It's been very dependable and now has over 164,000 miles on it, and still going strong. I am going to drive it till it falls apart. *smile*"

Reliable

By on Thursday, October 09, 2008

"I bought this 96 W/ 108k miles. It shifted hard into gear, and still does. Now 128k and engine has mild knock at startup, and a knock in the top that can only be heard w/ the hood up idling. I change the oil but the engine light came on till I used heavier oil. The heater works when it wants, the door & window gaskets leak. The fuel pump went out 102k on the road($500). It runs great w/plenty of power, is comfortable except middle seat leg room. Will sell because I don't know how long the eng & tran will last."

Exceptional value

By on Saturday, February 23, 2008

"we bought our Quest in September of 2004 with 203,191 miles on it; we paid $1,200 for it; as of today (2/23/08) we have 210,575 miles on it; it has cost us 801.00 in repairs (exhaust heads biggest expense) and we calculate about $1,730 in annual insurance, taxes and registration costs; using these figures, the van has cost us $90 per month and 51 cents per mile (we do not include gas or maintenance costs); for a low usage, "extra" vehicle, this van has been a great pickup for us; the convenience of having it available when needed is far worth the cost; we give it an annual full detailing (inside and out) and keep the oil fresh. Higly recommend this vehicle if looking for an extra vehicle with towing capability and a lot of room for hauling and moving several people at once."

22 years and going strong!

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, simple styling, great handling"

Cons: "After 22 years, some plastic parts are going bad."

"I bought this car new and am still driving it. I've done my own oil changes and tune-ups, and the car is very easy to work on. I've driven it all over the country and have had a great time in it. After taking out the back seat, I found that I have plenty of room to put camping equipment and coolers for extended camping trips. To me, it's like a mini-RV. You can put an air mattress or a foam pad in the back if you don't feel like pitching a tent, and it sleeps one person very nicely. It does have a cassette deck, but fortunately I still have hundreds of them left over from years ago. A plug-in for an i-Pod would be nice, but it is what it is. I could afford a new mini van, but I really don't like the boxy look that most of them have. And since this vehicle runs like a top, why bother! I think Nissan makes great engines, and maybe this is why the car is at the top of my list."

still runnning

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"I am a 16 year old Sophmore, who has just started driving. I can remember in 1998 when my parents decided to buy a Nissan Quest van. Still today it is reliable, and even a fun car to drive."