1996 Nissan Quest

Based on 96 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Best mini EVER and most reliable

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "well made"

"Reliable reliable reliable."

Nissan/Ford hits a home run with this vehicle

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Quality, Ride, Features"

Cons: "It is a bit smaller than most minivans."

"We just recently sold our Nissan Quest that we had for the past 13 years. It has seen all three of our kids grow to teenagers, taken us on trips from New York City to the U.P of Michigan, and everywhere in between. The only problem we have ever had with this van is a ruptured radiator hose. These are awesome vans. Even with 156,000 mi, I would have no problem jumping in and driving it anywhere. My youngest daughter cried when we sold it. She likes it better than our brand new Honda van. The only thing I didn't like about this van is that the alloy wheels tend to oxidize, so the tires don't hold air very well. Not a big deal, we just had to put air in the tires about once a month. Anyway, I highly recommend this van. It accelerats fairly well, has a smooth comfortable ride, and has been pretty much bullet proof. Oh, and even after raising 3 kids from babies, to toddlers, to kids, to teens, the interior has held up amazingly well."

THIS QUEST WAS THE BEST!!!

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Reason: Drove her until she finally died

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NONE"

"I got my 1993 Nissan Quest back in 2010 for only $1600, when she had around 183,000 miles on her...She was owned by a family who bought her new back in 1992 or '93, and was a very reliable vehicle to them for the 17 years before I had her. As you can tell by my referring to the vehicle constantly as a "her", I quickly grew to love my Nissan Quest. I even gave her the name Bluejay, and found her to be the easiest to drive vehicle I've ever been behind the wheel of. She handled blizzard conditions as well as some 4-wheel drive pickups I've seen, and could make it through heavy rain and high winds with ease. She stood up to my new driver mistakes and not only got me my driver's license, but my friend as well. The only real problem I had with my Quest before her final breakdown was I needed to replace her A/C unit at around 208k miles, but that wasn't really a big deal. My Quest got me through my entire 2 years in community college, took me on multiple 500 mile round trips to San Francisco, dealt with being used as a mobile hangout zone for me and my friends, etc. She finally died at 214k miles after her timing belt slipped, fatally damaging her engine. For how much I loved this Quest and how well her overall performance was, I would HIGHLY recommend Nissan Quests to ANYONE who comes across one!"

Wonderful van!!!

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

Reason: she had gone her limit

Pros: "Great and very reliable!!"

Cons: "NONE"

"This was the best vehicle I ever owned. She had 311,000 miles and never any problems. I sure do miss her."

Dependable car

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Great to drive"

Cons: "I can not think of anything that was not offered."

"I had this car for about 5 years, bought it used at a Nissan dealer. It has served me well, living in snow areas and driving it up and down the mountain (6,000ft level) with no problems. Standard maintenance of brakes and oil changes. Also the 60,000 mile requirement of changing the timing belt, I replaced the waterpump at the same time. The rear windows are motorized and the motors seems to last not that long."