1996 Nissan Quest

Based on 99 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great performance, endurance and interior design.

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Reason: I got a new car

Pros: "Fun to drive, great endurance and interior design."

Cons: "Minor body dents. Higher gas/milaeage ratio."

1997 Nissan Quest GXE

"This car was the best value and joy of my daily driving to work and back home. Comfortable, safe, reliable and easy to drive. Some mechanical problems which developed during my decade long using it, were fixed promptly by our ever dependent car expert mechanic. I dare say that for the low amount of miles per year, only 6300 on average, the repairs money invested, is giving this car now, the best value possible. Great looking, with some age related minor dents, I bet the car will be its new owner's "love story" for some years to come."

1997 Nissan Quest GXE

Best mni van anyone would ask for

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"Bought it to 'move' the kids when they each went away to oollege and back. It has been the best transportation investment made."

Just Love it!!!

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"I bought my 1995 Quest in 1998 as a lease return. It has been the best car I've ever owned. What I like the best is how comfortable it is. I can drive for hours with no back pain. It has 189,000 and still running strong. I have always kept it maintained well and it has needed very few major repairs. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who may be looking at buying one."

LOVE THIS VAN!

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "good for smaller people and reliable"

Cons: "small interior"

"I purchased this van with 150K. I drive A LOT. I have 3 kids 2 dogs and work with my van. I have put on approximately 70K and it is still going strong. The only issues that it has is that the power locks have a mind of their own and the rear hatch catch is worn out(it doesn't like to close). This van has never left me stranded! For handling, I would give it 4/5. It handles OK in the snow and is low enough profile that it doesn't react much to wind. The only bad thing that I have to say about this van is that you can either haul people or stuff. The interior of the van is not as spacious as most and the trunk area is very small. Not conducive to hauling a large load of groceries and 3 kids. If I could find another I would buy it."

Great Car, Love It!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"This has been the best car I have ever owned. Extremely reliable. We have had it since new. Put over 100,000 miles on it. Only had one major problem but it was covered by warranty. Otherwise, just normal oil, tire, etc changes done or needed. Handles well, good visibility. Comfortable ride. Heater"

Good For the Long Haul

By on Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"We bought our Nissan Quest as the "Mom mobile" before our son was born. We bought it 2nd hand with app. 35,000 miles on it. It was loaded with bells and whistles (CD Player, Moon roof, alloy wheels, etc.) and provided a very stylish and safe vehicle when our son was in a child seat. It has a powerful V6 and can haul people and things and still get-up and go. It has been a stylish and very functional vehicle for many years. We've now kept it over 10 years and it has 168,000 miles on it and is still going strong. Other than normal maintenance and repair items it has never once broke down or had any major repairs for non wear items. I took out the 3rd row seat and use it like an SUV (hauling stuff, church camping trips, long beach trips, etc.) and it has nevery failed us. My only complaint is that I'll have to part with it eventually. If you can find one this year I highly recommend it as it is a great value. Nissan got it right with the original Quest. The highest compliment I can pay the vehicle is the fact that I could easily afford to replace it but have held onto it due to the fact it is paid for and very, very reliable and functional."

Great Family Van

By on Friday, September 11, 2009

"250,000+miles and no major problems at all!!! I love this van..."

Very Impressed

By on Friday, May 01, 2009

"I bought my '94 in '98 w/67k miles in NJ. Drove for a year, then in storage for 4 yrs. Not much legroom in the back, not much storage room, a lot of road noise... but drove like champ since i bought it, and just the same after being in storage. Now in south GA & 147k miles, only major work was exhaust system, starter, and timing belt. trans now shifts a little hard from 1st to 2nd. Pwr window switches need replacing. Fun to drive - good engine pwr - nice on higway - even at 80mph!"

Very Good Family Van

By on Saturday, November 08, 2008

"We bought our '93 in '02 with 97,000 miles on it and now it's at 167,000. No major problems. Very reliable. We have made one cross country trip to the East Coast from Colorado with it in "04 plus a trip to the Northwest in '07. On the highway in gets around 25 mpg. We are looking to down size to something more economical as your girls are both teenagers now and have cars of their own."

Really Great Vehicle

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"I bought my '94 XE in 2003 off a friend who had bought it new. I've used it for trips from OK to South Texas 12 times since'03 with no problems and a very comfortable ride. Even my 23 year old daughter has never complained about it. Gas MPG is still good around 23 on Hwy was closer to 27. This year started having problem if I try to use the passing gear but now I just use it around town and it's great. Now has 125000 plus and I still like to drive it. Has room to move things or help friends move. Very reliable. :)"

Best Little Van Ever

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"I love this mini-van ! I got it @ 57,000 miles 3 years ago, it now has 130,000. I drove this van across country, 3500 miles without a hitch. Very low maintenance, very reliable, very comfortable. I also love the size, it's a little bit smaller than other mini-vans but holds a lot of stuff when I need it to. Would buy another in a NY minute."

i love the quest!

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"i got this quest used from my dad he used as a work van, its almost 190,000 miles on it and was treated like dirt. but other than a few minor things (brakes, tires, etc) its a great van, i wish i could have had this van when it was new, sometimes the steering wheel gets in the way of the rear defogger, and the radio is kind of low to get when your driving but all in all i LOVE this van its amazing, and its a trooper, and for the price you can get one of these used i highly recomend it great starting family vehicle! pretty good on gas, great room, even with both bench seats in you can fit 7 bigger sized people easily, or take the 1st bench seat out for amazing cargo space. great van!"

By on Monday, January 28, 2008

"200000 AND STILL GOING STRONG; NO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS"

Very good vehicle

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"Own 1995 model since 1997. Was a lease vehicle before then. Absolutely no complaints except that acceleration could be a bit better. No major problems with Nissan part of van. "Ford" portion has minor issues but nothing serious. Runs great. Decent gas miliage. Very comfortable. Will keep 'til wheels fall off which may not be for another decade or so the way things are looking now."

Excellent all around vehicle

By on Thursday, November 22, 2007

"We purchased our Quest when new. It has performed well since day one. We are able to carry a wide variety of objects and people. The individual middle seats are easy to remove and store. The van is fairly small on the outside but has comfortable and spacious interior. It is particularly good as an urban vehicle because it isn't too tall and is easy to park. In the winter we use studded snow tires and have never had a problem even on the hills of Seattle."

spetacular!

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"Bought it new in 1995. Driven it all over the country and had very little trouble. Exhaust manifold bolts broke at 100000 miles and Nissan America fixed it under warranty!!! I wish I could find another one as good as this"

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"Good minivan! Burns no oil after almost 14 years owning this van. Would buy another if the opportunity arose."

94 quest

By on Wednesday, March 03, 2010

"i love this van, for what we paid for it and as hard as it has been driven it has been a great vehicle. It has always started every day as long as the battery was good, it is great on gas and has less than 200000 original miles on it, we have only has to do minor repairs that you would except to have to do on that old of a vehicle. If you ever get the chance to buy one of these then you really should, it has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever had."

Very reliable minivan

By on Saturday, September 12, 2009

"I have owned my 97 Nissan Quest since Jan/1997; it now has 114,000 miles on it and still going strong. No major problems, yet, and has never broken down. I recently replaced the struts, shocks, CV joints, tie rods once and other routine maintenance only (brakes, timing belt at 108,000 miles). I have same problem with Prince from TX that automatic door locks locking on their own. Overall it has been a great minivan and well worth the money we paid for it. I hope it will last 2 more years."

very reliable minivan

By on Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Owned my 98 Nissan Quest since 1998, 154,000 miles on it and still going strong. No major problems and has never broken down. Replaced the starter once and other routine maintenance only (brakes, timing belt at 115,000 miles). Only problem is with automatic door locks locking on their own. Overall it has been a great minivan and well worth the money we paid for it."

Super vechicle

By on Monday, March 23, 2009

"Great value."

By on Thursday, December 04, 2008

Car needs some mechanical repair

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

"Needs brakes and rotors new belts oil change"

good condition