2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,550 - $27,768.

10/8.1

7.1

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.2/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10

Very dissatisfied-engine problems not fixed

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "I am buying American next time"

Cons: "Engine sucks"

"Took my car into the dealer three times for a strange noise coming from the engine & the car de-accelerates at the same time. Can't get it fixed under warrenty - at this point I just want my money back!"

Great interior, good road manners

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pros: "Navigation, Interior design, 2WD/4WD AUTO & stereo"

Cons: "Hood vibration, paint quality, pricey for options"

"Overall, I like our 2014 Pathfinder Platinum very much, the interior is nicely appointed and very comfortable, I love the rear-view/360 View Cameras and sensors for parking. Others have mentioned the rearward visibility shortcomings, but these features help with that for parking. I like the engine very much; however, some times when you floor it it will allow the engine to rev higher than expected while not accelerating quickly. I have found that a more gentle acceleration technique actually can have it spin the back tires out in 2WD mode and it has plenty of pickup at that point - so that issue may be a matter of the way the drive by wire is done. I do like the 4WD AUTO/2WD mode so that I can get better fuel economy in the summer. Front-wheel drive mode works fine in the rain. I have averaged between 21-22 in 2WD mode, and around 19-20MPG in 4WD Auto mode. I like the heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, and heated back seats very much for Winter driving. As another reviewer noted I do notice the hood vibrating around at higher highway speeds. The Navigation system is one of the best I've ever used (I have previously used Toyota & Acura ones). I like the CVT transmission overall. In driving uphill at highway speeds the engine speed just gradually bumps up the RPMs to keep the cruise speed instead of the constant hunt and peck I've experienced over the same route in a non-CVT SUV. The only real negatives I have concerning the vehicle is concerning exterior paint quality. The Pathfinder has a nice rounded coke bottle shape, but the paint finish is not nearly as smooth as I have experienced with other brands. It also doesn't seem to be very thick and fairly easily scratched (this may be a matter of the now mandated water-based painting techniques). I am not providing a reliability review, as I've not had any problems, but I've only owned it for 10 months."

Most luxurious ride I've ever had

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

"I've owned this vehicle about one month. I have been very impressed with the materials, the ride, the luxury, the gas mileage and the safety. It hauls around my entire family in style. You will not regret buying this vehicle. It drives like a charm"

dissatisfied esp for newly redesign car

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "good handling"

Cons: "slow acceleration,poor mpg,plastic parts"

"Got this car dec 12 ,2012 and it has been fair driving wise but the big thing is the mpg is not accurate.I have checked it twice by computation and it only gets me 15 mpg in city driving. When the car is idle after starting, the air conditioning just hums like no other.The advertised 20/26 is not even close. The other bad thing are the pillars and side mirrors are too bulky that it blocks your vision upon turning left and right. The other thing is behind the third row is too tight so if cargo is important then this is not for you. Plastics and interior has been disappointing since the top part of my upholstery was coming off as well as the plastic latch behind the third row. They have looked at it twice but still unable to fix it. I avoided the full suv due to gas mileage but now am thinking of trading this quickly for one and to think this is a 2WD but still uses a lot of gas!"

Best SUV for the price

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pros: "Most fun for your money."

Cons: "None."

"I have the Pathfinder for a week now and I should say, it is smooth and seem to last us for a long time with its reliability record with the brand name. We test drove the CX-9 Grand Touring first. It was good with its blind-spot monitoring feature and navigation (a very small but usable 5.8" screen) for the same price as the Pathfinder SL, but the handling was kinda rough and the gas mileage is not good as what other consumers are complaining about. Plus, the CX-9 also has long doors that could pose a problem in tight parking spaces. We had the eye on the Pilot but thought that the design was too boxy and may have a new design soon after we buy it. The Highlander surely will have a new design by early 2014 but we cannot wait for it to come out to test drive for comparison with the other SUVs available now. And with the Toyota name, it just means more money for the same features as the Pathfinder. The Pathfinder has a smooth ride, a good mpg with its CVT transmission, easy access third row seat and the panoramic moonroof extra feature that works well with the kids in the back. We have the SL with its leather seats that works best when kids are around and they are having their drinks after school or sport activities. It can tow 5,000 pounds (not that I need it, but good to have) when the family decides to have more gadgets for outdoor fun or to haul stuffs away. The style is brand new for 2013 and may lasts for quite a while as with other Pathfinders that have 6-8 years of life before a new redesign is out. The added navigation is nice but with the phone nowadays, who needs one?"