2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,215 - $27,538.

10/8.1

7.1

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.2/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10

you get what you pay for

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "great price, excellent maneuverability"

Cons: "in repair too much"

"Thought the Platinum Pathfinder was a great deal, we got all the bells and whistles for a good price. We have had it for less than a year, it has less than 6k miles on it and it is in the shop again! The first time was a recall on the roof rack. The second time was for an update on the ABS software, the third time was because the heat box needed to be replaced, the fourth time is because of a leak somewhere from behind the glove box."

Enjoying this vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Pros: "good value, comfort, great gas mileage for size"

Cons: "none so far"

"Top contenders for replacing my 2004 Murano were Highlander, Pilot, CX-9, Explorer, Venza, another Murano. Venza rode low, almost like a car. Didn’t like look of Highlander with drop-jaw grille (like Audi & Mitsubishi) Honda Pilot test drove fine; good finalist. LIked the Pathfinder better. Someone said - it’s a bigger Murano. Already familiar with CVT; rides and handles well. 1,000 miles later, no complaints. Great mpg for vehicle of this size – getting 19 mpg in city, 26 on highway."

2013 Pathfinder - Navi Monitor BlackOut In 24hs

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "Nice design"

Cons: "Poor Quality, Navi Malfunction in less than 24hrs"

"!!BUYERS BEWARE!! -I purchased/picked up a brand new 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum on Friday, 02/22/2013 at about 8:30pm, thinking that it should be the best car for me and my family. On Saturday, 02/23/2013 at about 7:00pm the navigation monitor black-out. Meaning, all infotainment, entertainment, GPS, and many other computer controls are all non-operational. -I immediately drove the car to the dealer to have it looked at. Since their service department is closed on the weekends, they told me to wait until Monday, 02/25/13 for an inspection. After dropping the car off at the service department, I was told that I should have the car by Wednesday, 02/27/2013. I called today, 02/27/2013 and of course I still can't pick it up. They claimed that Nissan sent them the wrong parts to fix the monitor. I now have to some how wait another week before I can have my car back. -I'm now very doubtful to continue to drive this car. Who knows what other problems will rise next. I even called up Nissan Consumer Affairs and they are helpless. My only reply was I must wait for the dealers delivery. -Nissan corporate just don't care for their consumers. How can they sell anyone a $45,000 defective product that only work for less than 24hrs. I'm now without a car to drive for 3 days and another week in pending, or possibly longer. I can't even be confidence to drive this car in the future. I'M SCREWED by NISSAN !!BUYERS BEWARE!!"

Awesome Ride

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "MPG, comfortable ride, Towing capacity, looks"

Cons: "Sun roof SL Premium upwards, Shuddered a few times"

One the way to Sanibel Island Florida

"I purchased this in Aug 2013. Very close to completing an year and more than 13k miles. I have done extensive towing too. On a trip to florida I got 25 mpg. usually the on board computer shoes 16 mpg for city driving (have to check it manually, as some people have stated inaccuracy in the mpg calculation). Very good ride, feels luxury, powerful and very capable. Of course it might not do good off-road, but for that purpose I would probably buy a Jeep. I have no issues with the vehicle. The dash board controlls take some time to get used to. Nice smooth ride all the time. Great MPG. Comfortable interior, I have SL model. I am sure sun roof would look great (but I don't have one). Blu tooth music is not for SL but really, I don't need it. I did experience shudder which is causing a lot of negative reviews. Usually around 10-11 mph when trying to accelerate. And it was like only 10-15 times in some 12k miles. The dealership reprogrammed it and it is almost gone now. They do say that it is not totally unexpected, but some people have changed their transmissions and what not, for this. Some people make fuss about CVT but I am not sure how does it matter to the driver if he doesn't feel the gears shifting inside transmission. The power I want in the vehicle is available almost immediately and doesn't feel any sluggish (I don't care of the changing transmission feel else would buy manual transmission). If I feel, it is not enough, I press the gas a bit harder. It is not a car with V6 but an SUV, so it won't fly but will do what it is supposed to do with all the load that it has. It has power that's why I can tow 5000 lbs. Overall, over family loves my SL Arctic Blue. Good towing capacity for when you need. Great gas mileage always. Comfortable ride all the times. I rate it 9 only because shudder did happen and if only it would have never occurred."

One the way to Sanibel Island Florida

Very dissatisfied-engine problems not fixed

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "I am buying American next time"

Cons: "Engine sucks"

"Took my car into the dealer three times for a strange noise coming from the engine & the car de-accelerates at the same time. Can't get it fixed under warrenty - at this point I just want my money back!"