2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,959 - $27,861.

10/8.1

6.7

Based on 56 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.3/10
    6.9/10
    6.9/10
    7.0/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

What I expected and not disappointed!

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "lots of room and very fuel effiecient for its size"

Cons: "Sporty-not. Tightwad factory warranty. Dealer"

"Bought a 2013 SL 4x4 in November 2012. 9500 miles now. No surprises. Intown mileage has gotten better. Average mileage is 22mpg. Hwy at 77-78 mph is 22.5mpg. Slow down to 70 with cruise and 25mpg is easily delivered. Haven't towed anything so no comment. Occasional transmission lugging when caught in between at slow speed but not problematic-yet? I have experienced same in other vehicles. Nicely finished and very good quality-no shakes, rattles or rolls yet. Good leather quality and substantial-should hold up well. The vehicle is well appointed and lots of interior room. The second row is easy entry/exit and has an incredible amount of leg room (more that Tahoe or Suburban-go figure). Really comfortable for passenger. I don't like the way the 3rd row seats, when folded down, are not flat. Stuff slides towards tail gate. I would have ordered w/o 3rd row if possible but it is a really slick design for third row entry-even an adult(used once). Very comfortable ride on highway-much more so than predecessor Pathfinder or Toyota 4Runner. Both are kidney busters compared to this-imho. Only complaint is car came w/ a very small ding in roof pillar support which wasn't caught at delivery (it was night) and dealer just shook head when pointed out later-typical dealer. I do think the warranty is a joke at 36,000/36 mos. Most others manufacturers have much better. I will probably buy extended warranty as I expect to keep a longtime as my previous Nissan (Infinity G35) is still going strong at 140k (sold to a friend 60k ago). Same engine in both vehicles, but now much more fuel efficient. Very good value-imho."

Bad transmission

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pros: "Interior and exterior design."

Cons: "TRANSMISSION and lack of blind spot detection."

"The transmission (CVT) is a real problem. After Nissan bought back my 2013 Pathfinder due to two transmission failures, I decided to get another 2013 Pathfinder Platinum. Honestly I like the car overall except the transmission.I can feel a vibrations in low speed and the think that i really hate is the feeling of jerking when accelerate from stop.Basically when start to accelerate from stop and the car hits 3500 RPM at about 30-40 MPH, the transmission jumps suddenly from 3500 RPM to 2500 RPM similar to switching from 1st to 2nd gear on auto transmission, which causes a pretty bad jerk.I'm not sure if this is normal but according to Nissan the CVT must be really smooth. Does anyone else has experienced such a transmission behaviour? Also It's a shame that $45000 car doesn't have a blind spot detection, when all competitors offer that must have option on their cars/suvs."

Transmission out already

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Great gas milage, comfortable, feels high end"

Cons: "been in the shop for half of the time we've had it"

"We purchased a 2014 Platinum Premium Pathfinder less than two months ago. I love the features, and the comfort of this vehicle. However, 3 days after owning the vehicle it was in the shop needing a new transmission. It took awhile for it to come in, and the shuddering while driving was getting really bad. We finally got the transmission replaced and they re-programmed some stuff...drove it off the lot and hadn't gotten 100 feet from the dealership and the shuddering is STILL there. Took it back in and it needs another new transmission! I love this vehicle, but am highly disappointed with the quality of the transmission and with Nissan's 'fix' for the problem. Thankfully we have the extended warranty, because we are going to need it apparently."

I LOVE THE RIDE AND COMFORT LEVEL.

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "great ride and comfort."

Cons: "apparently defective transmission."

"the transmission jerks forward , when placed in drive and does not respond to attempts to accelarate at 60 mph, it makes a rumbling noise.something is not rite with this transmission. i have experienced all of the problems that other posters have had with their transmissions."

Transmission Problems

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Reason: Transmission Problems

Pros: "Size, comfort, fuel mileage"

Cons: "Transmission Problems, Poor customer support"

"My Pathfinder SL Premium package shuttered and vibrated due to a flaw in the transmission that Nissan has not yet resolved. I paid close to $38K with taxes and Nissan wouldn't resolve the problem. This was our 13th new Nissan and our last. Very disappointed with Nissan since they know about the problem. I would say don't buy this model until they have fixed the transmission issue. Bought a Toyota and love it."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25