2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,918 - $27,883.

10/8.1

6.8

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.3/10
    6.9/10
    6.9/10
    7.1/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

WOW--one look and a test drive--SOLD!

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "SUPER PRICE--$33,704 SL Premium"

Cons: "Haven't found anything yet I'd add"

"What more could you ask for--a $41K AWD SL Premium for $33,704--superb seats, quiet, all electronics work great--Bose--nuff said--22 MPG running around the Ozark hills in a super smooth machine. Our son had a Pathfinder a few years ago and he's the one that said we should take a look--SO SHOULD YOU!! Originally we wanted a Venza or Edge. If there's a better $34K AWD SUV with the looks, ride, quality build and available space--I didn't see it. No trouble getting to the 3rd row seats--easiest on the market. Put the Pathfinder on your shopping list--you can't go wrong!! The Moonlight Pearl color--"pops" in the sun! No CVT problems--tranny smoother than granny's hand churned ice cream!"

Never buy hybrid from nissan

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "Good looking"

Cons: "Never works hybrid"

"I bought my nissan 2014 hybrid and it never works as a hybrid. They say it gives 26 mpg, the reality that it gives 10-12 mpg. I thought it was something wrong with my car, but i found out that it is a defect in manufacturing with all hybrid pathfinder. The car is just hybrid assistant which means it is like the regular car in consuming gas. Don't buy hybrid car from nissan"

Great vehicle

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

Pros: "Wolf in sheep's clothing"

Cons: "Looks could be bolder"

"Overall a great truck. I was reluctant to buy the first year of a new style but other than a few minor issues, it's been a great truck. It's my 5th Pathfinder. They seemed to take a dip in quality when their manufacture left Japan, but this new style seems well put together. It rides like a quiet station wagon, but pulls big loads effortlessly, even better than it's bigger noisier predecessor. No rattles after 53k. Mileage is about 22 on the road, not as good as advertised. Overall, great truck. Looks make it appear feeble, but it isn't. Great in the snow."

I'm Impressed

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "Listed in Review"

Cons: "Listed in Review"

"We took a second look at the PF since most other SUV's were too expensive or lacked options. The interior and features for the price is superb on the Platinum version. It's a comfortable stylish ride. We've taken it on many trips so far and we are able to listen to the radio, navigate while the boys enjoy a movie with headphone included in the package. The sunroof and the panoramic roof is a really nice feature ran, snow or sunshine. The Bose radio system is a hit as well and it give you the right amount of listening pleasure. So far I've had great gas mileage both city and highway. However I have felt the shuddering and plan to have my husband have it check which usually happens at low speed. Overall I have a sleek, stylish and powerful SUV with many great options."

best suv thus far!!!

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable, plenty of leg room and storage"

Cons: "the sun visors are light color material"

"Very happy in my decision in choosing the pathfinder. I was for months debating between this suv and the chevy traverse. The chevy traverse is very plain in comparison to the pathfinder in price. Overall the pathfinder is great on mpg, very comfortable, the dashboard is amazing. Would recommend to anyone!!!"

Very pleased. Owned 3 Tahoes prior to this PF

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Good SUV. Pleased"

"Very impressed and pleased. No real complaints. Year and half with 36K +. And no real issues. Great gas Mileage. Plenty of power when towing trailer and boat. Nice ride and good handling. Plan on trading up for 2015."

Enjoy the pathfinder

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "listed in comments"

Cons: "listed in comments"

"Great vehicle so far. easy to drive. 22mpg city 25-27 highway mpg. Way to pretty to take off road. Front seats could be a little more comfortable. plenty of power when needed. I don't recommend the tan interior if you have kids. So far its been a great vehicle."

Dis-convenient replaced transmission

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cons: "Dis-convenient controls, reliability, visibibity"

"Transmission replaced at 2,700 miles. Poor visibility all round - needs backup camera, but not worth accompanying bling. Easy to hit radio control on wheel, changes station to end of dial. (Currently taped over with a sock.) Radio does have a dial control, however (Plus) Two controls needed to open door when motor running."

Transmission Issues

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "Transmission"

Cons: "Lots of cup holders, back-up camera"

"Has been in the shop for transmission issues multiple times. Finally dealership replaced transmission...took 3 weeks. Have also had several recalls to deal with. Very disappointed with the quality...almost a $40,000 car."

Awesome Ride

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "MPG, comfortable ride, Towing capacity, looks"

Cons: "Sun roof SL Premium upwards, Shuddered a few times"

One the way to Sanibel Island Florida

"I purchased this in Aug 2013. Very close to completing an year and more than 13k miles. I have done extensive towing too. On a trip to florida I got 25 mpg. usually the on board computer shoes 16 mpg for city driving (have to check it manually, as some people have stated inaccuracy in the mpg calculation). Very good ride, feels luxury, powerful and very capable. Of course it might not do good off-road, but for that purpose I would probably buy a Jeep. I have no issues with the vehicle. The dash board controlls take some time to get used to. Nice smooth ride all the time. Great MPG. Comfortable interior, I have SL model. I am sure sun roof would look great (but I don't have one). Blu tooth music is not for SL but really, I don't need it. I did experience shudder which is causing a lot of negative reviews. Usually around 10-11 mph when trying to accelerate. And it was like only 10-15 times in some 12k miles. The dealership reprogrammed it and it is almost gone now. They do say that it is not totally unexpected, but some people have changed their transmissions and what not, for this. Some people make fuss about CVT but I am not sure how does it matter to the driver if he doesn't feel the gears shifting inside transmission. The power I want in the vehicle is available almost immediately and doesn't feel any sluggish (I don't care of the changing transmission feel else would buy manual transmission). If I feel, it is not enough, I press the gas a bit harder. It is not a car with V6 but an SUV, so it won't fly but will do what it is supposed to do with all the load that it has. It has power that's why I can tow 5000 lbs. Overall, over family loves my SL Arctic Blue. Good towing capacity for when you need. Great gas mileage always. Comfortable ride all the times. I rate it 9 only because shudder did happen and if only it would have never occurred."

One the way to Sanibel Island Florida

great overall vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"would recomend the pathfinder to anyone"

Great car so far!

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Quality Materials, Spacious Interior"

Cons: "CVT takes some getting used to"

"I bought the 2014 SL Premium at a really great price. I had a G35 MT that was my baby, but it was no longer practical (and I have a real baby now). I needed a bigger car, and the smaller crossover wasn't roomy enough after installation of a bulky carseat, while the true SUVs were just too much room for us. It needed to be comfy for cruising a few hours for weekend trips to see my sister, but I wanted all the bells and whistles that I was used to on my Infiniti. Admittedly I didn't immediately love the PF...but I kept it for the day and was won over by the upscale interior and features. I'm not in love with the outside, but considering I spend 2+ hours a day driving, exterior looks are secondary. I put some aftermarket wheels on her and it made a huge difference. I look at CUVs as a driving experience of a different kind. If it can't be fun and exciting like my G, it sure as heck better be spacious, useful, and have a very classy, comfortable interior. My toddler is mesmerized by the second row moonroof (and I love it too). The CVT has been an adjustment as you can imagine, but I've had no problems and I've learned how to get as much power out of it as I can. Call it a Mallfinder if you must...but Nissan knew what their target consumer needed - and wanted - when they redesigned this one. If the CVT continues to be reliable, this is a great all-around car."

car looks good but not worth the price

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "looks nice till you use it"

Cons: "bumpiness, bad interior design, poor gas mileage"

"My average gas mileage is 18 and that is only if I turn off the 4 x 4 option. With 4x4 on, it is 15 mpg. The trunk is smaller than it looks, I currently cannot use my third row as a result. The interior 'looks' nice but the drivers seat headrest cannot be adjusted and hits me in the head on bumpy roads. I have to set the seat in recline to drive and of course, now I have back issues from the strain. Car rides like a truck and accelerates horribly. I would never buy another Pathfinder again based on this!"

Affordable 3rd Row SUV, but unsure on longevity

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, smooth drive, gas mileage, roomy"

Cons: "Nervous about all the recalls/manufacturer defects"

"I'd been looking for an SUV with a 3rd row for over 6 months that was under $30K and was not having any luck. But after I saw the new design of the Pathfinder, and that a local dealer had a used 2013 in stock I went and test drove it (March 2014). I instantly loved the feel of the drive, and the look of the dash and interior, the gas mileage and most of all price ($28K for the SV model with 25K miles). My husband and I both really wanted a Highlander but could not find an affordable used one. We also considered the Pilot but did not like the boxy look or feel of the interior. So the Pathfinder seemed like a good mix of price and style. However, after I bought it I saw all the negative reviews with multiple recalls and issues with the transmission. Needless to say I had major buyers remorse and seriously considered returning it. But my husband insisted he thought the transmission was fine since it already had 25K miles on it and we did not feel/hear any similar issues with jerking, etc. We also confirmed with the dealer that it had a 100K drivetrain warranty that included the transmission. It's been 2 months since we've owned it. We still love the feel of the seats and roominess of the interior. It's definitely bigger in size to the Highlander. However, there are a few annoyances. The cloth interior is almost like suede, and so it looks kind of dirty all the time. I also noticed on the driver/front passenger door handles some of the cloth is wearing off already. I've wiped it down and it seems to clear it up a little. I also agree with previous reviewers now that the dash computer screen looks a little outdated. Kinda 80'sish with these diagonal lines. However, it drives super smooth, has a good turn radius and looks decent on the exterior (I still prefer the look to the Highlander though). I don't think it'll be a car that I own forever. But based on it being a Nissan, I'm hoping it can last us a good 10 years. I drive approximately 20 miles a day to/from work/daycare and average 21 mpg with about 60-70 of that in town and the rest highway. So I'm very happy with the gas mileage. I also wanted to say that there are companies that pay people to write "fake" reviews. So please make sure you read all of the reviews with that caveat in mind. I can't help but wonder if the true overall rating of the Pathfinder would be lower. I normally would not write a review on something I'm still undecided on. But I wanted to provide a true consumer review, and my opinion on the SUV."

dissatisfied

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"I expected more out of this vehicle, I bought it in January 2014 and am now in April 2014, my car has had to go to the shop 5 due to passenger side malfunction, cosmetic issues with the bumber, blown out tire, odometer issues and that's a few....every time there is something new going on with this car. I NEVER HAD THIS MANY ISSUES WITH A CAR BEFORE!!!"

2ND MODEL...LOVE THIS ONE BETTER FOR EXCEPTION

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Dual sunroof, cooled and heated seats, controls"

Cons: "terrible gas mileage"

"Drove a 2008 Pathfinder love it to death, but after having a growing family decided looking at another model having more updates. My favorite thing on PF is the panoramic sunroof looks more a luxury crossover. handles terrific...drives smooth with a great CVT in its class on a 4WD. I got the SV Platinum package on more features and all of the controls are well perfect for the PF. The navigation system, Pandora/Bose radio, blind spot warning, remote start, 3rd row seating seems better on enough comfort in seat support includes cooled heated leather seats so much luxury has been put into this SUV. Bluetooth is very impressive with a backup camera, steering controls, rides well but doesn't have good gas mileage like other did. I'm getting over 19 mpg especially living in the city its not good at all on horrible fuel economy otherwise luv the SUV. Very quiet on a nice styling the towing capacity is really the greatest on PF tow a Bass Boat its huge too didn't reduce the crossover ride but while having the A/C climate system takes up lots of gas. Interior looks very luxury making have a much higher price to window sticker and its an handsome SUV with exception of bad gas mileage I would recommend it. We got our Pathfinder SV Platinum in January read and heard about transmission issues so far its been flawless overall the SUV and CVT drives very powerful now been driving at 8,000 miles already a really better upgraded SUV."

So far it has been one of best veh I have ever own

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive. Like the Satalite radio and bluetoo"

Cons: "Not enough outlets for electronic stuff."

"I have owned this veh for nearly a year and have had no problems with it . We have been on about 3 round trips of 700 miles each and enjoy the comfort of the veh. Seats are very comfortable and all instruments are easy to read from drivers seat. We got over-all fuel mileage of 24 MPG and am well satisfied considering the size of the Pathfinder. It has more than enough power for anything you ask of it. The CVT transmission works so smooth. So far the 2013 Pathfinder SL has been an excellent veh."

Love this car

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Quiet ride, towing cap, fuel economy, fun to drive"

Cons: "loud steering pump"

"I had some problems with this car in the beginning. had that shudder problem at around 1000 miles. first time around to the dealer they updated some software, problem was not solved. Second time they changed the torque converter and that solved my problem. Now my car drives like a dream. My brother has the infinite counter part of this car and i see little difference between the two. Only mine is a quite a bit cheaper. absolutely love this car!"

Poor quality product. Rushed out the factory.

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Nothing."

Cons: "Replace 2 major components in 1 month."

"I had written a review previously on this website unfortunately I cannot edit it to update it. Based on my earlier review there was a passenger side air bag issue which was supposedly resolved by a calibration of sensor, it is now an air bag control module replacement. I am waiting for the dealer to get the required part so I can schedule a replacement. I guess, the next 50 miles will find a new issue with the vehicle. At this stage after spending 51K on the vehicle and spending countless hours trying to get this car fixed and driving nearly 1000 miles of the 2600 miles on my vehicle to get the car fixed I am certain this is a AVOID at all COSTS. How many electronic component replacements does it take Nissan to admit the vehicle is a lemon? Apparently unlimited. Save yourself the agony and buy something else. Least you should want to do is to buy a vehicle from a manufacturer who cares about the quality of their product, Nissan is not one of them."

So far so good

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Handling, size,"

Cons: "Uncomfortable cloth seats, black interior, get the"

"I bought the SV I like everything about the vehicle, but wished I would have moved up to the SL, and got the leather interior. I find the cloth seats to be to hard, and the fabric hard to keep clean. I have had no problem at all with the transmission, has quick acceleration and handles really well. The engine is noisy on acceleration, but I do not mind that"

Poor quality avoid at all cost.

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "None."

Cons: "Quality is poor, avoid."

"I absolutely hate the vehicle and Nissan and its so called customer service. I bought a car from a dealer in North Phoenix with 9 miles on the vehicle. I drove it home approx. 50 miles (one way) only to notice there was a I-Key system error. I called the dealer and he told me they sold the vehicle without programming the fob and I needed to bring it in for reprogramming. 3 Hours later the technician tells me the problem is with shifting assembly and it requires to be replaced. On a car which had 115 miles on it. I live in the wonderful state of Arizona which does its residents a disservice by not allowing a 3 day cooling off period. Regardless, I am asked to bring the vehicle back when they receive the part, nearly a week later they replace the part and the i-key and check engine indicator are cleared. OBD Code was P0850. Mechanic who serviced the car possibly caused some scratch marks and a panel near the shifter was lose. I also noticed the passenger side airbag was not working - i.e. the airbag was off even with my wife sitting in the seat at some point it went away when she moved about it the seat. Back to the dealer to get it fixed and I am told the seat sensor was not calibrated st sll. The testing by technicians reveled it did not recognize weight up to 350 lbs. Now the car seems to be working fine in terms of the shifter, but the passenger side airbag is still intermittent and I am told by Nissan Customer Service I should take it to the dealer and get it fixed. Impression I get from Nissan Customer service is these issues are routine and should be expected, after all their excellent trained technicians at the dealers are available to fix these issues. Makes me feel like I bought a TV without the power supply and a screen and the local Sony maintenance shop will install the missing items and anything else they might find. Absolutely hate the car and Nissan, they would have to put a gun to my head to make me buy another vehicle from Nissan ever. Nissan Customer Service is really poor the Company policy is to avoid accepting any issues with the vehicle and refer the customers to dealerships for repairs and if the customer is not happy refer them to BBB. Seriously? Is that the idea of their customer service?"

Great SUV... better the 2nd time around!

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, outstanding technology, good mileage"

Cons: "Lack of acceleration"

"I purchased the fully-loaded Pathfinder Platinum 4x4 in September. Without going into long details, it developed a "shudder" at low speeds and even after 4 prolonged repair attempts at the dealer, it continued to shudder and we eventually managed to get it exchanged for a new one. The new one is amazing. I too don't get near to the advertised fuel mileage (also around 19 combined), but then that's still not bad for a very large vehicle. The car is totally ergonomic: everything is where you need it to be or where you expect it to be. I love the large display and use a lot of the functions every day. We find restaurants with it, check national and local weather, check our mileage, surf SiriusXM radio and more. I love the top-down 'helicopter' view of the car when you reverse... totally amazing! Aside from the gadgets, it rides very smooth both in the city and the highway. We wanted a very quiet highway car, and this is it. Drives itself practically. Good in the turns, handles very well and is a pleasure to drive. Very good visibility all around and easy to park with the cameras and sensors. I would highly recommend this SUV to anyone looking for a luxury car without the high cost... you get significantly more than a comparable X5, Q7 or Porsche Cayenne."

Gas mileage much lower than advertised

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"The main reason I bought this car against the competition was mainly based on the supposed gas efficiency advertised by Nissan (20 city / 26 Highway). The reality is completely different, in mix driving conditions (75% city / 25% highway) I can't get more than 19 MPG of this SUV. I don't exceed speed limits, I accelerate & break very smooth in addition that I live in south Florida, completely flat roads. I paid my price to bought a new release model with not enough customers reviews at the time I got it."

you get what you pay for

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "great price, excellent maneuverability"

Cons: "in repair too much"

"Thought the Platinum Pathfinder was a great deal, we got all the bells and whistles for a good price. We have had it for less than a year, it has less than 6k miles on it and it is in the shop again! The first time was a recall on the roof rack. The second time was for an update on the ABS software, the third time was because the heat box needed to be replaced, the fourth time is because of a leak somewhere from behind the glove box."

Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid Climate Control System

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

I don't own this car

"I asked Nissan Motors a question concerning their new Pathfinder Hybrid. It had to do with their Climate Control System operation. As I understand, the electric drive motor shuts off when the air conditioning portion of the CLS kicks in to cool off the interior of the car. This is because there is a drive belt from the compressor to the gas engine that operates the air conditioning. I asked Nissan if the heating portion of the CLS also shuts off the electric motor of the hybrid (if it does, this electric drive motor that helps to save gas and run your car...is off...and it would be off most of the time, thus making the hybrid useless). I stated to Nissan in my third e-mail, "I have been waiting at least 3 WEEKS for an answer to this question. This is not a difficult question. Either the electric motor shuts off or it does not under the conditions asked. A 2 minute inquiry. Every other question I have asked of Nissan was answered quickly. Not this one. Is it because the electric motor is continually shutting down under both warm and cool conditions thus making the hybrid useless? Please respond already. John". Someone please HELP with this question. :P"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next