2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,215 - $27,538.

10/8.1

7.1

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.2/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10

Most luxurious ride I've ever had

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

"I've owned this vehicle about one month. I have been very impressed with the materials, the ride, the luxury, the gas mileage and the safety. It hauls around my entire family in style. You will not regret buying this vehicle. It drives like a charm"

dissatisfied esp for newly redesign car

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "good handling"

Cons: "slow acceleration,poor mpg,plastic parts"

"Got this car dec 12 ,2012 and it has been fair driving wise but the big thing is the mpg is not accurate.I have checked it twice by computation and it only gets me 15 mpg in city driving. When the car is idle after starting, the air conditioning just hums like no other.The advertised 20/26 is not even close. The other bad thing are the pillars and side mirrors are too bulky that it blocks your vision upon turning left and right. The other thing is behind the third row is too tight so if cargo is important then this is not for you. Plastics and interior has been disappointing since the top part of my upholstery was coming off as well as the plastic latch behind the third row. They have looked at it twice but still unable to fix it. I avoided the full suv due to gas mileage but now am thinking of trading this quickly for one and to think this is a 2WD but still uses a lot of gas!"

very good suv, one of the better, but not pefect

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "comfort, controls, ride, braking, CVT"

Cons: "no aux port or 6 cd changer, mpg"

"Overall a very good suv, probably one of the best out there. Purchased with 14 miles, have 4400 now. There is a lot love about this suv. Awesome brakes, great seats, quiet, sound system (bose upgrade) sounds great, space and ease to 3rd row fantastic, good headlights, great controls easy to use. Wonderful long distance hauler, easily cruises at illegal speeds and feels secure. Cons: mpg in mixed driving only 21, don't drive it hard, thought should be around 23-24. Our SL has the tech package, Nav is awesome, however, can't enter an address while driving, what a pain. Guess that's considered a new safety feature. No Aux port for media player, only bluetooth stream and USB, why not give me a aux port. No 6 cd player only a single, why no 6 cd player especially on the top sound system. BlueTooth audio stream, suv must be stopped to connect, another great safety feature. At 80-85mph the hood flutters, my 2008 patherfinder did this, why didn't they fix this. Annoying. Overall a very good SUV, the driving, braking, cvt tranny is truly fantastic, I personally love the CVT, incredible smoothness. However there are some really odd annoying things about this car that I don't get why they didn't or did do. None are a deal breaker and are not a really big deal and might not be a bother to others."

Best SUV for the price

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pros: "Most fun for your money."

Cons: "None."

"I have the Pathfinder for a week now and I should say, it is smooth and seem to last us for a long time with its reliability record with the brand name. We test drove the CX-9 Grand Touring first. It was good with its blind-spot monitoring feature and navigation (a very small but usable 5.8" screen) for the same price as the Pathfinder SL, but the handling was kinda rough and the gas mileage is not good as what other consumers are complaining about. Plus, the CX-9 also has long doors that could pose a problem in tight parking spaces. We had the eye on the Pilot but thought that the design was too boxy and may have a new design soon after we buy it. The Highlander surely will have a new design by early 2014 but we cannot wait for it to come out to test drive for comparison with the other SUVs available now. And with the Toyota name, it just means more money for the same features as the Pathfinder. The Pathfinder has a smooth ride, a good mpg with its CVT transmission, easy access third row seat and the panoramic moonroof extra feature that works well with the kids in the back. We have the SL with its leather seats that works best when kids are around and they are having their drinks after school or sport activities. It can tow 5,000 pounds (not that I need it, but good to have) when the family decides to have more gadgets for outdoor fun or to haul stuffs away. The style is brand new for 2013 and may lasts for quite a while as with other Pathfinders that have 6-8 years of life before a new redesign is out. The added navigation is nice but with the phone nowadays, who needs one?"

Love this car

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Quiet ride, towing cap, fuel economy, fun to drive"

Cons: "loud steering pump"

"I had some problems with this car in the beginning. had that shudder problem at around 1000 miles. first time around to the dealer they updated some software, problem was not solved. Second time they changed the torque converter and that solved my problem. Now my car drives like a dream. My brother has the infinite counter part of this car and i see little difference between the two. Only mine is a quite a bit cheaper. absolutely love this car!"