2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,989 - $27,934.

10/8.1

6.6

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.2/10
    6.7/10
    6.8/10
    7.0/10

Love this car

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Quiet ride, towing cap, fuel economy, fun to drive"

Cons: "loud steering pump"

"I had some problems with this car in the beginning. had that shudder problem at around 1000 miles. first time around to the dealer they updated some software, problem was not solved. Second time they changed the torque converter and that solved my problem. Now my car drives like a dream. My brother has the infinite counter part of this car and i see little difference between the two. Only mine is a quite a bit cheaper. absolutely love this car!"

Poor quality product. Rushed out the factory.

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Nothing."

Cons: "Replace 2 major components in 1 month."

"I had written a review previously on this website unfortunately I cannot edit it to update it. Based on my earlier review there was a passenger side air bag issue which was supposedly resolved by a calibration of sensor, it is now an air bag control module replacement. I am waiting for the dealer to get the required part so I can schedule a replacement. I guess, the next 50 miles will find a new issue with the vehicle. At this stage after spending 51K on the vehicle and spending countless hours trying to get this car fixed and driving nearly 1000 miles of the 2600 miles on my vehicle to get the car fixed I am certain this is a AVOID at all COSTS. How many electronic component replacements does it take Nissan to admit the vehicle is a lemon? Apparently unlimited. Save yourself the agony and buy something else. Least you should want to do is to buy a vehicle from a manufacturer who cares about the quality of their product, Nissan is not one of them."

So far so good

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Handling, size,"

Cons: "Uncomfortable cloth seats, black interior, get the"

"I bought the SV I like everything about the vehicle, but wished I would have moved up to the SL, and got the leather interior. I find the cloth seats to be to hard, and the fabric hard to keep clean. I have had no problem at all with the transmission, has quick acceleration and handles really well. The engine is noisy on acceleration, but I do not mind that"

Poor quality avoid at all cost.

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "None."

Cons: "Quality is poor, avoid."

"I absolutely hate the vehicle and Nissan and its so called customer service. I bought a car from a dealer in North Phoenix with 9 miles on the vehicle. I drove it home approx. 50 miles (one way) only to notice there was a I-Key system error. I called the dealer and he told me they sold the vehicle without programming the fob and I needed to bring it in for reprogramming. 3 Hours later the technician tells me the problem is with shifting assembly and it requires to be replaced. On a car which had 115 miles on it. I live in the wonderful state of Arizona which does its residents a disservice by not allowing a 3 day cooling off period. Regardless, I am asked to bring the vehicle back when they receive the part, nearly a week later they replace the part and the i-key and check engine indicator are cleared. OBD Code was P0850. Mechanic who serviced the car possibly caused some scratch marks and a panel near the shifter was lose. I also noticed the passenger side airbag was not working - i.e. the airbag was off even with my wife sitting in the seat at some point it went away when she moved about it the seat. Back to the dealer to get it fixed and I am told the seat sensor was not calibrated st sll. The testing by technicians reveled it did not recognize weight up to 350 lbs. Now the car seems to be working fine in terms of the shifter, but the passenger side airbag is still intermittent and I am told by Nissan Customer Service I should take it to the dealer and get it fixed. Impression I get from Nissan Customer service is these issues are routine and should be expected, after all their excellent trained technicians at the dealers are available to fix these issues. Makes me feel like I bought a TV without the power supply and a screen and the local Sony maintenance shop will install the missing items and anything else they might find. Absolutely hate the car and Nissan, they would have to put a gun to my head to make me buy another vehicle from Nissan ever. Nissan Customer Service is really poor the Company policy is to avoid accepting any issues with the vehicle and refer the customers to dealerships for repairs and if the customer is not happy refer them to BBB. Seriously? Is that the idea of their customer service?"

Great SUV... better the 2nd time around!

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, outstanding technology, good mileage"

Cons: "Lack of acceleration"

"I purchased the fully-loaded Pathfinder Platinum 4x4 in September. Without going into long details, it developed a "shudder" at low speeds and even after 4 prolonged repair attempts at the dealer, it continued to shudder and we eventually managed to get it exchanged for a new one. The new one is amazing. I too don't get near to the advertised fuel mileage (also around 19 combined), but then that's still not bad for a very large vehicle. The car is totally ergonomic: everything is where you need it to be or where you expect it to be. I love the large display and use a lot of the functions every day. We find restaurants with it, check national and local weather, check our mileage, surf SiriusXM radio and more. I love the top-down 'helicopter' view of the car when you reverse... totally amazing! Aside from the gadgets, it rides very smooth both in the city and the highway. We wanted a very quiet highway car, and this is it. Drives itself practically. Good in the turns, handles very well and is a pleasure to drive. Very good visibility all around and easy to park with the cameras and sensors. I would highly recommend this SUV to anyone looking for a luxury car without the high cost... you get significantly more than a comparable X5, Q7 or Porsche Cayenne."