2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,918 - $27,883.

10/8.1

6.8

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.3/10
    6.9/10
    6.9/10
    7.1/10

DON'T BUY THIS CAR

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Comfortible Interior"

Cons: "Transmission Shudders. SAFETY ISSUE!!!!!!"

"I put 1050 miles on this car since I bought it on April 19. 300 miles in the car started shuddering. Now it shudders all the time. It usually happens when accelerating from a slow role. This is a major safety issue and Nissan has not done anything yet. I brought the car to the dealer multiple times and they keep telling me that a "fix" is coming and should be here in either 2 weeks or 2 months and that I need to just wait."

Comfortable ride, nice interior, room for 7

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "ride, comfort, passenger space, Bose sound system,"

Cons: "room for it in the garage."

"I purchased the SL model with the premium package. Many have complained about the CVT. I brought mine in under a recall to have the PCM reprogrammed. The transmission no longer shutters upon take off. The CVT is a little different than a conventional transmission but once you get used to how it functions it feels just fine. I am averaging 22.5 miles per gallon with a 50/50 mix of city and highway driving. For the size and weight of the vehicle the mileage is higher than I expected. I will drive this car for at least 10 years. I've had no problems so far and hope for a trouble free owner experience. The deal Mossy Nissan in Houston has been great so far."

I LOVE THE RIDE AND COMFORT LEVEL.

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "great ride and comfort."

Cons: "apparently defective transmission."

"the transmission jerks forward , when placed in drive and does not respond to attempts to accelarate at 60 mph, it makes a rumbling noise.something is not rite with this transmission. i have experienced all of the problems that other posters have had with their transmissions."

So far so good

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Smooth, quiet, gas mileage (~22-23 mpg)"

Cons: "not as much feedback as I am used to"

"The Pathfinder is a little different than what I am used to (2007 Honda Ridgeline). It is quieter, more comfortable, and gets better gas milage. The transmission is smooth though a little difficult to modulate on take-off or accelerating from a slow speed. I've seen some reviews indicating that the Pathfinder is slow or handles poorly. I do not agree. When comparing my speed to surrounding traffic, I seem to be going just as fast as I normally would. It just doesn't feel that way because of the smooth ride. The comfortable ride provides less feedback though. I'm having a couple items checked out at the dealer this weekend, nothing serious. I expect a couple minor issues with a new design. As long as they are corrected, it is not a problem. Like I said, it is a little different than I am used to. So far, different is okay."

dissatisfied esp for newly redesign car

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "good handling"

Cons: "slow acceleration,poor mpg,plastic parts"

"Got this car dec 12 ,2012 and it has been fair driving wise but the big thing is the mpg is not accurate.I have checked it twice by computation and it only gets me 15 mpg in city driving. When the car is idle after starting, the air conditioning just hums like no other.The advertised 20/26 is not even close. The other bad thing are the pillars and side mirrors are too bulky that it blocks your vision upon turning left and right. The other thing is behind the third row is too tight so if cargo is important then this is not for you. Plastics and interior has been disappointing since the top part of my upholstery was coming off as well as the plastic latch behind the third row. They have looked at it twice but still unable to fix it. I avoided the full suv due to gas mileage but now am thinking of trading this quickly for one and to think this is a 2WD but still uses a lot of gas!"