2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,960 - $27,943.

10/8.1

6.6

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.2/10
    6.7/10
    6.8/10
    7.0/10

Dis-convenient replaced transmission

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cons: "Dis-convenient controls, reliability, visibibity"

"Transmission replaced at 2,700 miles. Poor visibility all round - needs backup camera, but not worth accompanying bling. Easy to hit radio control on wheel, changes station to end of dial. (Currently taped over with a sock.) Radio does have a dial control, however (Plus) Two controls needed to open door when motor running."

Transmission Issues

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "Transmission"

Cons: "Lots of cup holders, back-up camera"

"Has been in the shop for transmission issues multiple times. Finally dealership replaced transmission...took 3 weeks. Have also had several recalls to deal with. Very disappointed with the quality...almost a $40,000 car."

Awesome Ride

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "MPG, comfortable ride, Towing capacity, looks"

Cons: "Sun roof SL Premium upwards, Shuddered a few times"

One the way to Sanibel Island Florida

"I purchased this in Aug 2013. Very close to completing an year and more than 13k miles. I have done extensive towing too. On a trip to florida I got 25 mpg. usually the on board computer shoes 16 mpg for city driving (have to check it manually, as some people have stated inaccuracy in the mpg calculation). Very good ride, feels luxury, powerful and very capable. Of course it might not do good off-road, but for that purpose I would probably buy a Jeep. I have no issues with the vehicle. The dash board controlls take some time to get used to. Nice smooth ride all the time. Great MPG. Comfortable interior, I have SL model. I am sure sun roof would look great (but I don't have one). Blu tooth music is not for SL but really, I don't need it. I did experience shudder which is causing a lot of negative reviews. Usually around 10-11 mph when trying to accelerate. And it was like only 10-15 times in some 12k miles. The dealership reprogrammed it and it is almost gone now. They do say that it is not totally unexpected, but some people have changed their transmissions and what not, for this. Some people make fuss about CVT but I am not sure how does it matter to the driver if he doesn't feel the gears shifting inside transmission. The power I want in the vehicle is available almost immediately and doesn't feel any sluggish (I don't care of the changing transmission feel else would buy manual transmission). If I feel, it is not enough, I press the gas a bit harder. It is not a car with V6 but an SUV, so it won't fly but will do what it is supposed to do with all the load that it has. It has power that's why I can tow 5000 lbs. Overall, over family loves my SL Arctic Blue. Good towing capacity for when you need. Great gas mileage always. Comfortable ride all the times. I rate it 9 only because shudder did happen and if only it would have never occurred."

One the way to Sanibel Island Florida

great overall vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"would recomend the pathfinder to anyone"

Great car so far!

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Quality Materials, Spacious Interior"

Cons: "CVT takes some getting used to"

"I bought the 2014 SL Premium at a really great price. I had a G35 MT that was my baby, but it was no longer practical (and I have a real baby now). I needed a bigger car, and the smaller crossover wasn't roomy enough after installation of a bulky carseat, while the true SUVs were just too much room for us. It needed to be comfy for cruising a few hours for weekend trips to see my sister, but I wanted all the bells and whistles that I was used to on my Infiniti. Admittedly I didn't immediately love the PF...but I kept it for the day and was won over by the upscale interior and features. I'm not in love with the outside, but considering I spend 2+ hours a day driving, exterior looks are secondary. I put some aftermarket wheels on her and it made a huge difference. I look at CUVs as a driving experience of a different kind. If it can't be fun and exciting like my G, it sure as heck better be spacious, useful, and have a very classy, comfortable interior. My toddler is mesmerized by the second row moonroof (and I love it too). The CVT has been an adjustment as you can imagine, but I've had no problems and I've learned how to get as much power out of it as I can. Call it a Mallfinder if you must...but Nissan knew what their target consumer needed - and wanted - when they redesigned this one. If the CVT continues to be reliable, this is a great all-around car."