2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,478 - $27,763.

10/8.1

7.1

Based on 85 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.2/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10

Nice SUV Interior, can tow 5000lbs

By on Friday, May 08, 2015

Pros: "around camera view, rear heated seats"

Cons: "front pass seat needs up/down. headrest block view"

"I was looking for something to replace my 20 year old Ford Club wagon. I really like the versatility of the van. It could carry 8 people, six 30 gallon garbage cans, tow 6000lbs, and got 19mpg on the highway all at once. I was looking for something that could tow 5000lbs, carry 5-7 people, 5 star safety rating, heated leather seats, backup camera,and reasonable gas mpg. I was surprised how low most new SUV towing limits are. I liked the Chevy Traverse, but felt a little closed in (I'm 6'1"). The Ford Transit wagon was panned as ugly and Flex as weird by my kids. Toyota Highlander interior seemed cheap/plastic. Pathfinder interior finish & layout is very nice. Ride is quiet and smooth. People reported 2013-2014 transmission problems. Hoping 2015 fares better"

Great interior, good road manners

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pros: "Navigation, Interior design, 2WD/4WD AUTO & stereo"

Cons: "Hood vibration, paint quality, pricey for options"

"Overall, I like our 2014 Pathfinder Platinum very much, the interior is nicely appointed and very comfortable, I love the rear-view/360 View Cameras and sensors for parking. Others have mentioned the rearward visibility shortcomings, but these features help with that for parking. I like the engine very much; however, some times when you floor it it will allow the engine to rev higher than expected while not accelerating quickly. I have found that a more gentle acceleration technique actually can have it spin the back tires out in 2WD mode and it has plenty of pickup at that point - so that issue may be a matter of the way the drive by wire is done. I do like the 4WD AUTO/2WD mode so that I can get better fuel economy in the summer. Front-wheel drive mode works fine in the rain. I have averaged between 21-22 in 2WD mode, and around 19-20MPG in 4WD Auto mode. I like the heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, and heated back seats very much for Winter driving. As another reviewer noted I do notice the hood vibrating around at higher highway speeds. The Navigation system is one of the best I've ever used (I have previously used Toyota & Acura ones). I like the CVT transmission overall. In driving uphill at highway speeds the engine speed just gradually bumps up the RPMs to keep the cruise speed instead of the constant hunt and peck I've experienced over the same route in a non-CVT SUV. The only real negatives I have concerning the vehicle is concerning exterior paint quality. The Pathfinder has a nice rounded coke bottle shape, but the paint finish is not nearly as smooth as I have experienced with other brands. It also doesn't seem to be very thick and fairly easily scratched (this may be a matter of the now mandated water-based painting techniques). I am not providing a reliability review, as I've not had any problems, but I've only owned it for 10 months."

Don't Buy a 2013 or 14!!!

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "cabin space (Infiniti makes same size, though)"

Cons: "Can't drive it, automatic doesn't shift out of 2nd"

"Bought it brand new - five months into it had transmission problems - never compensated for Nissan's clear problem, even though two different reps said we would. It disrupted our lives and our carpools because my car was in the shop having the transmission fixed two times (gone for 5 weeks at one time), about to be three times. Corporate knew there was a problem, tried a stop-gap measure (a transmission modulator) even though reports had been placed that the entire transmission should be replaced. Transmission was replaced with REFURBISHED parts, finally. AND, Nissan did not change the transmission on the 2014, after knowing the issues existed on the 2013. DON'T buy it! It is not worth it. Getting rid of it as soon as possible!"

Run away as fast as you can

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "second row mobility, 360 camera, stereo quality"

Cons: "Major Transmission issues; poor quality all around"

"Let me just say that I have previously owned two other Nissan's and loved them; I swore my their quality and safety and recommended Nissan to everyone I came in contact with. My 2013 Nissan Pathfinder has proved me wrong. The good: Second row moves forward and backward to allow you to accomodate passengers in all rows; 360 degree camera is awesome; quiet ride; stereo system is very nice (Bose). The bad: I have had nothing but problems with my 2013 Pathfinder since I bought it. The transmission has been worked on several times and still isn't fixed, the tires are horrible, the hood vibrates at highway speeds, the trunk had to be fixed for a loud popping noise, the passenger seat heating/cooling switch had to be "fixed" three times before they finally replaced it. For the amount of money I spent I would expect better quality. Very disappointed in this experience with Nissan. Please do your homework before purchasing this car."

Affordable 3rd Row SUV, but unsure on longevity

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, smooth drive, gas mileage, roomy"

Cons: "Nervous about all the recalls/manufacturer defects"

"I'd been looking for an SUV with a 3rd row for over 6 months that was under $30K and was not having any luck. But after I saw the new design of the Pathfinder, and that a local dealer had a used 2013 in stock I went and test drove it (March 2014). I instantly loved the feel of the drive, and the look of the dash and interior, the gas mileage and most of all price ($28K for the SV model with 25K miles). My husband and I both really wanted a Highlander but could not find an affordable used one. We also considered the Pilot but did not like the boxy look or feel of the interior. So the Pathfinder seemed like a good mix of price and style. However, after I bought it I saw all the negative reviews with multiple recalls and issues with the transmission. Needless to say I had major buyers remorse and seriously considered returning it. But my husband insisted he thought the transmission was fine since it already had 25K miles on it and we did not feel/hear any similar issues with jerking, etc. We also confirmed with the dealer that it had a 100K drivetrain warranty that included the transmission. It's been 2 months since we've owned it. We still love the feel of the seats and roominess of the interior. It's definitely bigger in size to the Highlander. However, there are a few annoyances. The cloth interior is almost like suede, and so it looks kind of dirty all the time. I also noticed on the driver/front passenger door handles some of the cloth is wearing off already. I've wiped it down and it seems to clear it up a little. I also agree with previous reviewers now that the dash computer screen looks a little outdated. Kinda 80'sish with these diagonal lines. However, it drives super smooth, has a good turn radius and looks decent on the exterior (I still prefer the look to the Highlander though). I don't think it'll be a car that I own forever. But based on it being a Nissan, I'm hoping it can last us a good 10 years. I drive approximately 20 miles a day to/from work/daycare and average 21 mpg with about 60-70 of that in town and the rest highway. So I'm very happy with the gas mileage. I also wanted to say that there are companies that pay people to write "fake" reviews. So please make sure you read all of the reviews with that caveat in mind. I can't help but wonder if the true overall rating of the Pathfinder would be lower. I normally would not write a review on something I'm still undecided on. But I wanted to provide a true consumer review, and my opinion on the SUV."

Nissan fan turned sour.Pathfinder Poor Performance

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable for a large family needs"

Cons: "Too many mechanical issues."

"I was a big fan of the Nissan product having owned a 2010 maxima, I was very disappointed in the quality of the 2013 Pathfinder. Within the first month I have had front headlight burn out, leaking windows, Parking sensor warning lights and more importantly transmission issues with the newly designed CVT, producing rumbling noises and providing sluggish performance/delays at low to mid city driving speeds. Dealer will not take the SUV back as they claim that it would not be considered a defective product and could not sell it. Kind of funny as Nissan had no issue selling me a defective product in the first place. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT PURCHASING THIS VEHICLE...AT LEAST THIS 2013 YEAR!!!!!"

Would not buy until transmission problem solved.

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, fun to drive, great room and ride."

Cons: "Transmission no side view warning."

"I purchased this 2013 Pathfinder in Jan 13 trading in a 2010 Murano that I liked but wanted something roomier. What a mistake that was. I have had nothing but problems with shuddering of transmission. Had convertor changed and reprogramed with the same problem. Now going to replace the transmission. I will try to get them to buy back or trade for Toyota or Honda after 10 years of being loyal to Nissan with 5 vehicles. Very disappointed with how Nissan has handled this problem. Asked to buy it back but they denied. This is serious but they don't think so. SAD"

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Pretty"

Cons: "Transmission problems"

"I bought this car and had transmission problems 3 times in a month. The dealership let me trade it in for another one and promised me it would be a 1 in a million chance it would happen again. Had this new pathfinder for 3 days and the problems are starting again. I'm warning you, it is not worth the aggrevation. Do not buy this car!"

Do not buy this vehicle until bugs are worked out

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cons: "transmission"

"Ride is great, plenty of room. Love body style but this vehicle has some major transmission issues. Its in the shop now for the 3rd time for same problem. Hope they can fix the problem soon."

Comfortable ride, nice interior, room for 7

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "ride, comfort, passenger space, Bose sound system,"

Cons: "room for it in the garage."

"I purchased the SL model with the premium package. Many have complained about the CVT. I brought mine in under a recall to have the PCM reprogrammed. The transmission no longer shutters upon take off. The CVT is a little different than a conventional transmission but once you get used to how it functions it feels just fine. I am averaging 22.5 miles per gallon with a 50/50 mix of city and highway driving. For the size and weight of the vehicle the mileage is higher than I expected. I will drive this car for at least 10 years. I've had no problems so far and hope for a trouble free owner experience. The deal Mossy Nissan in Houston has been great so far."