2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,488 - $27,724.

10/8.1

7.1

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.2/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10

Don't Buy a 2013 or 14!!!

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "cabin space (Infiniti makes same size, though)"

Cons: "Can't drive it, automatic doesn't shift out of 2nd"

"Bought it brand new - five months into it had transmission problems - never compensated for Nissan's clear problem, even though two different reps said we would. It disrupted our lives and our carpools because my car was in the shop having the transmission fixed two times (gone for 5 weeks at one time), about to be three times. Corporate knew there was a problem, tried a stop-gap measure (a transmission modulator) even though reports had been placed that the entire transmission should be replaced. Transmission was replaced with REFURBISHED parts, finally. AND, Nissan did not change the transmission on the 2014, after knowing the issues existed on the 2013. DON'T buy it! It is not worth it. Getting rid of it as soon as possible!"

Affordable 3rd Row SUV, but unsure on longevity

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, smooth drive, gas mileage, roomy"

Cons: "Nervous about all the recalls/manufacturer defects"

"I'd been looking for an SUV with a 3rd row for over 6 months that was under $30K and was not having any luck. But after I saw the new design of the Pathfinder, and that a local dealer had a used 2013 in stock I went and test drove it (March 2014). I instantly loved the feel of the drive, and the look of the dash and interior, the gas mileage and most of all price ($28K for the SV model with 25K miles). My husband and I both really wanted a Highlander but could not find an affordable used one. We also considered the Pilot but did not like the boxy look or feel of the interior. So the Pathfinder seemed like a good mix of price and style. However, after I bought it I saw all the negative reviews with multiple recalls and issues with the transmission. Needless to say I had major buyers remorse and seriously considered returning it. But my husband insisted he thought the transmission was fine since it already had 25K miles on it and we did not feel/hear any similar issues with jerking, etc. We also confirmed with the dealer that it had a 100K drivetrain warranty that included the transmission. It's been 2 months since we've owned it. We still love the feel of the seats and roominess of the interior. It's definitely bigger in size to the Highlander. However, there are a few annoyances. The cloth interior is almost like suede, and so it looks kind of dirty all the time. I also noticed on the driver/front passenger door handles some of the cloth is wearing off already. I've wiped it down and it seems to clear it up a little. I also agree with previous reviewers now that the dash computer screen looks a little outdated. Kinda 80'sish with these diagonal lines. However, it drives super smooth, has a good turn radius and looks decent on the exterior (I still prefer the look to the Highlander though). I don't think it'll be a car that I own forever. But based on it being a Nissan, I'm hoping it can last us a good 10 years. I drive approximately 20 miles a day to/from work/daycare and average 21 mpg with about 60-70 of that in town and the rest highway. So I'm very happy with the gas mileage. I also wanted to say that there are companies that pay people to write "fake" reviews. So please make sure you read all of the reviews with that caveat in mind. I can't help but wonder if the true overall rating of the Pathfinder would be lower. I normally would not write a review on something I'm still undecided on. But I wanted to provide a true consumer review, and my opinion on the SUV."

Run away as fast as you can

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "second row mobility, 360 camera, stereo quality"

Cons: "Major Transmission issues; poor quality all around"

"Let me just say that I have previously owned two other Nissan's and loved them; I swore my their quality and safety and recommended Nissan to everyone I came in contact with. My 2013 Nissan Pathfinder has proved me wrong. The good: Second row moves forward and backward to allow you to accomodate passengers in all rows; 360 degree camera is awesome; quiet ride; stereo system is very nice (Bose). The bad: I have had nothing but problems with my 2013 Pathfinder since I bought it. The transmission has been worked on several times and still isn't fixed, the tires are horrible, the hood vibrates at highway speeds, the trunk had to be fixed for a loud popping noise, the passenger seat heating/cooling switch had to be "fixed" three times before they finally replaced it. For the amount of money I spent I would expect better quality. Very disappointed in this experience with Nissan. Please do your homework before purchasing this car."

Nissan fan turned sour.Pathfinder Poor Performance

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable for a large family needs"

Cons: "Too many mechanical issues."

"I was a big fan of the Nissan product having owned a 2010 maxima, I was very disappointed in the quality of the 2013 Pathfinder. Within the first month I have had front headlight burn out, leaking windows, Parking sensor warning lights and more importantly transmission issues with the newly designed CVT, producing rumbling noises and providing sluggish performance/delays at low to mid city driving speeds. Dealer will not take the SUV back as they claim that it would not be considered a defective product and could not sell it. Kind of funny as Nissan had no issue selling me a defective product in the first place. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT PURCHASING THIS VEHICLE...AT LEAST THIS 2013 YEAR!!!!!"

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "comfort, features good mileage"

"Purchased this Pathfinder new from a great dealer and it his been a solid vehicle Easy to get in and out of, comfortable ride, back up camera is excellant and a great navigation system. You don't feel like your in a shoe box this is a fair size vehicle that gets good mileage."