2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $38,446 - $40,297.

10/8.1

7.2

Based on 91 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.3/10
    7.3/10
    7.5/10

Affordable 3rd Row SUV, but unsure on longevity

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, smooth drive, gas mileage, roomy"

Cons: "Nervous about all the recalls/manufacturer defects"

"I'd been looking for an SUV with a 3rd row for over 6 months that was under $30K and was not having any luck. But after I saw the new design of the Pathfinder, and that a local dealer had a used 2013 in stock I went and test drove it (March 2014). I instantly loved the feel of the drive, and the look of the dash and interior, the gas mileage and most of all price ($28K for the SV model with 25K miles). My husband and I both really wanted a Highlander but could not find an affordable used one. We also considered the Pilot but did not like the boxy look or feel of the interior. So the Pathfinder seemed like a good mix of price and style. However, after I bought it I saw all the negative reviews with multiple recalls and issues with the transmission. Needless to say I had major buyers remorse and seriously considered returning it. But my husband insisted he thought the transmission was fine since it already had 25K miles on it and we did not feel/hear any similar issues with jerking, etc. We also confirmed with the dealer that it had a 100K drivetrain warranty that included the transmission. It's been 2 months since we've owned it. We still love the feel of the seats and roominess of the interior. It's definitely bigger in size to the Highlander. However, there are a few annoyances. The cloth interior is almost like suede, and so it looks kind of dirty all the time. I also noticed on the driver/front passenger door handles some of the cloth is wearing off already. I've wiped it down and it seems to clear it up a little. I also agree with previous reviewers now that the dash computer screen looks a little outdated. Kinda 80'sish with these diagonal lines. However, it drives super smooth, has a good turn radius and looks decent on the exterior (I still prefer the look to the Highlander though). I don't think it'll be a car that I own forever. But based on it being a Nissan, I'm hoping it can last us a good 10 years. I drive approximately 20 miles a day to/from work/daycare and average 21 mpg with about 60-70 of that in town and the rest highway. So I'm very happy with the gas mileage. I also wanted to say that there are companies that pay people to write "fake" reviews. So please make sure you read all of the reviews with that caveat in mind. I can't help but wonder if the true overall rating of the Pathfinder would be lower. I normally would not write a review on something I'm still undecided on. But I wanted to provide a true consumer review, and my opinion on the SUV."

Nissan fan turned sour.Pathfinder Poor Performance

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable for a large family needs"

Cons: "Too many mechanical issues."

"I was a big fan of the Nissan product having owned a 2010 maxima, I was very disappointed in the quality of the 2013 Pathfinder. Within the first month I have had front headlight burn out, leaking windows, Parking sensor warning lights and more importantly transmission issues with the newly designed CVT, producing rumbling noises and providing sluggish performance/delays at low to mid city driving speeds. Dealer will not take the SUV back as they claim that it would not be considered a defective product and could not sell it. Kind of funny as Nissan had no issue selling me a defective product in the first place. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT PURCHASING THIS VEHICLE...AT LEAST THIS 2013 YEAR!!!!!"

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Pretty"

Cons: "Transmission problems"

"I bought this car and had transmission problems 3 times in a month. The dealership let me trade it in for another one and promised me it would be a 1 in a million chance it would happen again. Had this new pathfinder for 3 days and the problems are starting again. I'm warning you, it is not worth the aggrevation. Do not buy this car!"

Do not buy this vehicle until bugs are worked out

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cons: "transmission"

"Ride is great, plenty of room. Love body style but this vehicle has some major transmission issues. Its in the shop now for the 3rd time for same problem. Hope they can fix the problem soon."

Comfortable ride, nice interior, room for 7

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "ride, comfort, passenger space, Bose sound system,"

Cons: "room for it in the garage."

"I purchased the SL model with the premium package. Many have complained about the CVT. I brought mine in under a recall to have the PCM reprogrammed. The transmission no longer shutters upon take off. The CVT is a little different than a conventional transmission but once you get used to how it functions it feels just fine. I am averaging 22.5 miles per gallon with a 50/50 mix of city and highway driving. For the size and weight of the vehicle the mileage is higher than I expected. I will drive this car for at least 10 years. I've had no problems so far and hope for a trouble free owner experience. The deal Mossy Nissan in Houston has been great so far."