2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $37,427 - $39,252.

10/8.1

7.1

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.2/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10

Do not buy this vehicle until bugs are worked out

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cons: "transmission"

"Ride is great, plenty of room. Love body style but this vehicle has some major transmission issues. Its in the shop now for the 3rd time for same problem. Hope they can fix the problem soon."

Comfortable ride, nice interior, room for 7

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "ride, comfort, passenger space, Bose sound system,"

Cons: "room for it in the garage."

"I purchased the SL model with the premium package. Many have complained about the CVT. I brought mine in under a recall to have the PCM reprogrammed. The transmission no longer shutters upon take off. The CVT is a little different than a conventional transmission but once you get used to how it functions it feels just fine. I am averaging 22.5 miles per gallon with a 50/50 mix of city and highway driving. For the size and weight of the vehicle the mileage is higher than I expected. I will drive this car for at least 10 years. I've had no problems so far and hope for a trouble free owner experience. The deal Mossy Nissan in Houston has been great so far."

Run away as fast as you can

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "second row mobility, 360 camera, stereo quality"

Cons: "Major Transmission issues; poor quality all around"

"Let me just say that I have previously owned two other Nissan's and loved them; I swore my their quality and safety and recommended Nissan to everyone I came in contact with. My 2013 Nissan Pathfinder has proved me wrong. The good: Second row moves forward and backward to allow you to accomodate passengers in all rows; 360 degree camera is awesome; quiet ride; stereo system is very nice (Bose). The bad: I have had nothing but problems with my 2013 Pathfinder since I bought it. The transmission has been worked on several times and still isn't fixed, the tires are horrible, the hood vibrates at highway speeds, the trunk had to be fixed for a loud popping noise, the passenger seat heating/cooling switch had to be "fixed" three times before they finally replaced it. For the amount of money I spent I would expect better quality. Very disappointed in this experience with Nissan. Please do your homework before purchasing this car."

What I expected and not disappointed!

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "lots of room and very fuel effiecient for its size"

Cons: "Sporty-not. Tightwad factory warranty. Dealer"

"Bought a 2013 SL 4x4 in November 2012. 9500 miles now. No surprises. Intown mileage has gotten better. Average mileage is 22mpg. Hwy at 77-78 mph is 22.5mpg. Slow down to 70 with cruise and 25mpg is easily delivered. Haven't towed anything so no comment. Occasional transmission lugging when caught in between at slow speed but not problematic-yet? I have experienced same in other vehicles. Nicely finished and very good quality-no shakes, rattles or rolls yet. Good leather quality and substantial-should hold up well. The vehicle is well appointed and lots of interior room. The second row is easy entry/exit and has an incredible amount of leg room (more that Tahoe or Suburban-go figure). Really comfortable for passenger. I don't like the way the 3rd row seats, when folded down, are not flat. Stuff slides towards tail gate. I would have ordered w/o 3rd row if possible but it is a really slick design for third row entry-even an adult(used once). Very comfortable ride on highway-much more so than predecessor Pathfinder or Toyota 4Runner. Both are kidney busters compared to this-imho. Only complaint is car came w/ a very small ding in roof pillar support which wasn't caught at delivery (it was night) and dealer just shook head when pointed out later-typical dealer. I do think the warranty is a joke at 36,000/36 mos. Most others manufacturers have much better. I will probably buy extended warranty as I expect to keep a longtime as my previous Nissan (Infinity G35) is still going strong at 140k (sold to a friend 60k ago). Same engine in both vehicles, but now much more fuel efficient. Very good value-imho."

Great comfortable quiet ride

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable"

Cons: "Disasterous transmission."

"CVT transmission is a disaster. Engine lugs,transmission vibrates and shudders when at 1000rpm to 1200rpm and speed is approximately 13 to 20, steady 20,30 o 35mph and level or slight uphill grade.Cannot avoid if in traffic such as Nashville or Scottsdale,AZ!!! Any mountain grades up are a disaster also. Had two different Nissan mechanics at two different dealerships check out only to be told that this is what the transmission does by design. What a poor design. It constantly seeks up and down and many times shakes the whole vehicle!!! For over $42,000 when I bought new two months ago is unbelievable!!I hope Nissan can wake up their transmission designers and get this disaster fixed."