2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $38,192 - $39,585.

10/8.1

6.6

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.2/10
    6.7/10
    6.8/10
    7.0/10

Dis-convenient replaced transmission

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cons: "Dis-convenient controls, reliability, visibibity"

"Transmission replaced at 2,700 miles. Poor visibility all round - needs backup camera, but not worth accompanying bling. Easy to hit radio control on wheel, changes station to end of dial. (Currently taped over with a sock.) Radio does have a dial control, however (Plus) Two controls needed to open door when motor running."

Transmission Issues

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "Transmission"

Cons: "Lots of cup holders, back-up camera"

"Has been in the shop for transmission issues multiple times. Finally dealership replaced transmission...took 3 weeks. Have also had several recalls to deal with. Very disappointed with the quality...almost a $40,000 car."

Awesome Ride

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "MPG, comfortable ride, Towing capacity, looks"

Cons: "Sun roof SL Premium upwards, Shuddered a few times"

One the way to Sanibel Island Florida

"I purchased this in Aug 2013. Very close to completing an year and more than 13k miles. I have done extensive towing too. On a trip to florida I got 25 mpg. usually the on board computer shoes 16 mpg for city driving (have to check it manually, as some people have stated inaccuracy in the mpg calculation). Very good ride, feels luxury, powerful and very capable. Of course it might not do good off-road, but for that purpose I would probably buy a Jeep. I have no issues with the vehicle. The dash board controlls take some time to get used to. Nice smooth ride all the time. Great MPG. Comfortable interior, I have SL model. I am sure sun roof would look great (but I don't have one). Blu tooth music is not for SL but really, I don't need it. I did experience shudder which is causing a lot of negative reviews. Usually around 10-11 mph when trying to accelerate. And it was like only 10-15 times in some 12k miles. The dealership reprogrammed it and it is almost gone now. They do say that it is not totally unexpected, but some people have changed their transmissions and what not, for this. Some people make fuss about CVT but I am not sure how does it matter to the driver if he doesn't feel the gears shifting inside transmission. The power I want in the vehicle is available almost immediately and doesn't feel any sluggish (I don't care of the changing transmission feel else would buy manual transmission). If I feel, it is not enough, I press the gas a bit harder. It is not a car with V6 but an SUV, so it won't fly but will do what it is supposed to do with all the load that it has. It has power that's why I can tow 5000 lbs. Overall, over family loves my SL Arctic Blue. Good towing capacity for when you need. Great gas mileage always. Comfortable ride all the times. I rate it 9 only because shudder did happen and if only it would have never occurred."

One the way to Sanibel Island Florida

great overall vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"would recomend the pathfinder to anyone"

Great car so far!

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Quality Materials, Spacious Interior"

Cons: "CVT takes some getting used to"

"I bought the 2014 SL Premium at a really great price. I had a G35 MT that was my baby, but it was no longer practical (and I have a real baby now). I needed a bigger car, and the smaller crossover wasn't roomy enough after installation of a bulky carseat, while the true SUVs were just too much room for us. It needed to be comfy for cruising a few hours for weekend trips to see my sister, but I wanted all the bells and whistles that I was used to on my Infiniti. Admittedly I didn't immediately love the PF...but I kept it for the day and was won over by the upscale interior and features. I'm not in love with the outside, but considering I spend 2+ hours a day driving, exterior looks are secondary. I put some aftermarket wheels on her and it made a huge difference. I look at CUVs as a driving experience of a different kind. If it can't be fun and exciting like my G, it sure as heck better be spacious, useful, and have a very classy, comfortable interior. My toddler is mesmerized by the second row moonroof (and I love it too). The CVT has been an adjustment as you can imagine, but I've had no problems and I've learned how to get as much power out of it as I can. Call it a Mallfinder if you must...but Nissan knew what their target consumer needed - and wanted - when they redesigned this one. If the CVT continues to be reliable, this is a great all-around car."

car looks good but not worth the price

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "looks nice till you use it"

Cons: "bumpiness, bad interior design, poor gas mileage"

"My average gas mileage is 18 and that is only if I turn off the 4 x 4 option. With 4x4 on, it is 15 mpg. The trunk is smaller than it looks, I currently cannot use my third row as a result. The interior 'looks' nice but the drivers seat headrest cannot be adjusted and hits me in the head on bumpy roads. I have to set the seat in recline to drive and of course, now I have back issues from the strain. Car rides like a truck and accelerates horribly. I would never buy another Pathfinder again based on this!"

Affordable 3rd Row SUV, but unsure on longevity

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, smooth drive, gas mileage, roomy"

Cons: "Nervous about all the recalls/manufacturer defects"

"I'd been looking for an SUV with a 3rd row for over 6 months that was under $30K and was not having any luck. But after I saw the new design of the Pathfinder, and that a local dealer had a used 2013 in stock I went and test drove it (March 2014). I instantly loved the feel of the drive, and the look of the dash and interior, the gas mileage and most of all price ($28K for the SV model with 25K miles). My husband and I both really wanted a Highlander but could not find an affordable used one. We also considered the Pilot but did not like the boxy look or feel of the interior. So the Pathfinder seemed like a good mix of price and style. However, after I bought it I saw all the negative reviews with multiple recalls and issues with the transmission. Needless to say I had major buyers remorse and seriously considered returning it. But my husband insisted he thought the transmission was fine since it already had 25K miles on it and we did not feel/hear any similar issues with jerking, etc. We also confirmed with the dealer that it had a 100K drivetrain warranty that included the transmission. It's been 2 months since we've owned it. We still love the feel of the seats and roominess of the interior. It's definitely bigger in size to the Highlander. However, there are a few annoyances. The cloth interior is almost like suede, and so it looks kind of dirty all the time. I also noticed on the driver/front passenger door handles some of the cloth is wearing off already. I've wiped it down and it seems to clear it up a little. I also agree with previous reviewers now that the dash computer screen looks a little outdated. Kinda 80'sish with these diagonal lines. However, it drives super smooth, has a good turn radius and looks decent on the exterior (I still prefer the look to the Highlander though). I don't think it'll be a car that I own forever. But based on it being a Nissan, I'm hoping it can last us a good 10 years. I drive approximately 20 miles a day to/from work/daycare and average 21 mpg with about 60-70 of that in town and the rest highway. So I'm very happy with the gas mileage. I also wanted to say that there are companies that pay people to write "fake" reviews. So please make sure you read all of the reviews with that caveat in mind. I can't help but wonder if the true overall rating of the Pathfinder would be lower. I normally would not write a review on something I'm still undecided on. But I wanted to provide a true consumer review, and my opinion on the SUV."

dissatisfied

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"I expected more out of this vehicle, I bought it in January 2014 and am now in April 2014, my car has had to go to the shop 5 due to passenger side malfunction, cosmetic issues with the bumber, blown out tire, odometer issues and that's a few....every time there is something new going on with this car. I NEVER HAD THIS MANY ISSUES WITH A CAR BEFORE!!!"

2ND MODEL...LOVE THIS ONE BETTER FOR EXCEPTION

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Dual sunroof, cooled and heated seats, controls"

Cons: "terrible gas mileage"

"Drove a 2008 Pathfinder love it to death, but after having a growing family decided looking at another model having more updates. My favorite thing on PF is the panoramic sunroof looks more a luxury crossover. handles terrific...drives smooth with a great CVT in its class on a 4WD. I got the SV Platinum package on more features and all of the controls are well perfect for the PF. The navigation system, Pandora/Bose radio, blind spot warning, remote start, 3rd row seating seems better on enough comfort in seat support includes cooled heated leather seats so much luxury has been put into this SUV. Bluetooth is very impressive with a backup camera, steering controls, rides well but doesn't have good gas mileage like other did. I'm getting over 19 mpg especially living in the city its not good at all on horrible fuel economy otherwise luv the SUV. Very quiet on a nice styling the towing capacity is really the greatest on PF tow a Bass Boat its huge too didn't reduce the crossover ride but while having the A/C climate system takes up lots of gas. Interior looks very luxury making have a much higher price to window sticker and its an handsome SUV with exception of bad gas mileage I would recommend it. We got our Pathfinder SV Platinum in January read and heard about transmission issues so far its been flawless overall the SUV and CVT drives very powerful now been driving at 8,000 miles already a really better upgraded SUV."

So far it has been one of best veh I have ever own

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive. Like the Satalite radio and bluetoo"

Cons: "Not enough outlets for electronic stuff."

"I have owned this veh for nearly a year and have had no problems with it . We have been on about 3 round trips of 700 miles each and enjoy the comfort of the veh. Seats are very comfortable and all instruments are easy to read from drivers seat. We got over-all fuel mileage of 24 MPG and am well satisfied considering the size of the Pathfinder. It has more than enough power for anything you ask of it. The CVT transmission works so smooth. So far the 2013 Pathfinder SL has been an excellent veh."