2013 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,977 - $34,408.

10/8.2

6.6

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.3/10
    6.8/10
    6.9/10
    7.0/10

great overall vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"would recomend the pathfinder to anyone"

Great car so far!

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Quality Materials, Spacious Interior"

Cons: "CVT takes some getting used to"

"I bought the 2014 SL Premium at a really great price. I had a G35 MT that was my baby, but it was no longer practical (and I have a real baby now). I needed a bigger car, and the smaller crossover wasn't roomy enough after installation of a bulky carseat, while the true SUVs were just too much room for us. It needed to be comfy for cruising a few hours for weekend trips to see my sister, but I wanted all the bells and whistles that I was used to on my Infiniti. Admittedly I didn't immediately love the PF...but I kept it for the day and was won over by the upscale interior and features. I'm not in love with the outside, but considering I spend 2+ hours a day driving, exterior looks are secondary. I put some aftermarket wheels on her and it made a huge difference. I look at CUVs as a driving experience of a different kind. If it can't be fun and exciting like my G, it sure as heck better be spacious, useful, and have a very classy, comfortable interior. My toddler is mesmerized by the second row moonroof (and I love it too). The CVT has been an adjustment as you can imagine, but I've had no problems and I've learned how to get as much power out of it as I can. Call it a Mallfinder if you must...but Nissan knew what their target consumer needed - and wanted - when they redesigned this one. If the CVT continues to be reliable, this is a great all-around car."

car looks good but not worth the price

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "looks nice till you use it"

Cons: "bumpiness, bad interior design, poor gas mileage"

"My average gas mileage is 18 and that is only if I turn off the 4 x 4 option. With 4x4 on, it is 15 mpg. The trunk is smaller than it looks, I currently cannot use my third row as a result. The interior 'looks' nice but the drivers seat headrest cannot be adjusted and hits me in the head on bumpy roads. I have to set the seat in recline to drive and of course, now I have back issues from the strain. Car rides like a truck and accelerates horribly. I would never buy another Pathfinder again based on this!"

Affordable 3rd Row SUV, but unsure on longevity

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, smooth drive, gas mileage, roomy"

Cons: "Nervous about all the recalls/manufacturer defects"

"I'd been looking for an SUV with a 3rd row for over 6 months that was under $30K and was not having any luck. But after I saw the new design of the Pathfinder, and that a local dealer had a used 2013 in stock I went and test drove it (March 2014). I instantly loved the feel of the drive, and the look of the dash and interior, the gas mileage and most of all price ($28K for the SV model with 25K miles). My husband and I both really wanted a Highlander but could not find an affordable used one. We also considered the Pilot but did not like the boxy look or feel of the interior. So the Pathfinder seemed like a good mix of price and style. However, after I bought it I saw all the negative reviews with multiple recalls and issues with the transmission. Needless to say I had major buyers remorse and seriously considered returning it. But my husband insisted he thought the transmission was fine since it already had 25K miles on it and we did not feel/hear any similar issues with jerking, etc. We also confirmed with the dealer that it had a 100K drivetrain warranty that included the transmission. It's been 2 months since we've owned it. We still love the feel of the seats and roominess of the interior. It's definitely bigger in size to the Highlander. However, there are a few annoyances. The cloth interior is almost like suede, and so it looks kind of dirty all the time. I also noticed on the driver/front passenger door handles some of the cloth is wearing off already. I've wiped it down and it seems to clear it up a little. I also agree with previous reviewers now that the dash computer screen looks a little outdated. Kinda 80'sish with these diagonal lines. However, it drives super smooth, has a good turn radius and looks decent on the exterior (I still prefer the look to the Highlander though). I don't think it'll be a car that I own forever. But based on it being a Nissan, I'm hoping it can last us a good 10 years. I drive approximately 20 miles a day to/from work/daycare and average 21 mpg with about 60-70 of that in town and the rest highway. So I'm very happy with the gas mileage. I also wanted to say that there are companies that pay people to write "fake" reviews. So please make sure you read all of the reviews with that caveat in mind. I can't help but wonder if the true overall rating of the Pathfinder would be lower. I normally would not write a review on something I'm still undecided on. But I wanted to provide a true consumer review, and my opinion on the SUV."

dissatisfied

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"I expected more out of this vehicle, I bought it in January 2014 and am now in April 2014, my car has had to go to the shop 5 due to passenger side malfunction, cosmetic issues with the bumber, blown out tire, odometer issues and that's a few....every time there is something new going on with this car. I NEVER HAD THIS MANY ISSUES WITH A CAR BEFORE!!!"

See if you qualify for