2013 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,112 - $27,239.

10/8.2

6.6

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.3/10
    6.8/10
    6.9/10
    7.0/10

Poor quality avoid at all cost.

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "None."

Cons: "Quality is poor, avoid."

"I absolutely hate the vehicle and Nissan and its so called customer service. I bought a car from a dealer in North Phoenix with 9 miles on the vehicle. I drove it home approx. 50 miles (one way) only to notice there was a I-Key system error. I called the dealer and he told me they sold the vehicle without programming the fob and I needed to bring it in for reprogramming. 3 Hours later the technician tells me the problem is with shifting assembly and it requires to be replaced. On a car which had 115 miles on it. I live in the wonderful state of Arizona which does its residents a disservice by not allowing a 3 day cooling off period. Regardless, I am asked to bring the vehicle back when they receive the part, nearly a week later they replace the part and the i-key and check engine indicator are cleared. OBD Code was P0850. Mechanic who serviced the car possibly caused some scratch marks and a panel near the shifter was lose. I also noticed the passenger side airbag was not working - i.e. the airbag was off even with my wife sitting in the seat at some point it went away when she moved about it the seat. Back to the dealer to get it fixed and I am told the seat sensor was not calibrated st sll. The testing by technicians reveled it did not recognize weight up to 350 lbs. Now the car seems to be working fine in terms of the shifter, but the passenger side airbag is still intermittent and I am told by Nissan Customer Service I should take it to the dealer and get it fixed. Impression I get from Nissan Customer service is these issues are routine and should be expected, after all their excellent trained technicians at the dealers are available to fix these issues. Makes me feel like I bought a TV without the power supply and a screen and the local Sony maintenance shop will install the missing items and anything else they might find. Absolutely hate the car and Nissan, they would have to put a gun to my head to make me buy another vehicle from Nissan ever. Nissan Customer Service is really poor the Company policy is to avoid accepting any issues with the vehicle and refer the customers to dealerships for repairs and if the customer is not happy refer them to BBB. Seriously? Is that the idea of their customer service?"

Great SUV... better the 2nd time around!

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, outstanding technology, good mileage"

Cons: "Lack of acceleration"

"I purchased the fully-loaded Pathfinder Platinum 4x4 in September. Without going into long details, it developed a "shudder" at low speeds and even after 4 prolonged repair attempts at the dealer, it continued to shudder and we eventually managed to get it exchanged for a new one. The new one is amazing. I too don't get near to the advertised fuel mileage (also around 19 combined), but then that's still not bad for a very large vehicle. The car is totally ergonomic: everything is where you need it to be or where you expect it to be. I love the large display and use a lot of the functions every day. We find restaurants with it, check national and local weather, check our mileage, surf SiriusXM radio and more. I love the top-down 'helicopter' view of the car when you reverse... totally amazing! Aside from the gadgets, it rides very smooth both in the city and the highway. We wanted a very quiet highway car, and this is it. Drives itself practically. Good in the turns, handles very well and is a pleasure to drive. Very good visibility all around and easy to park with the cameras and sensors. I would highly recommend this SUV to anyone looking for a luxury car without the high cost... you get significantly more than a comparable X5, Q7 or Porsche Cayenne."

Gas mileage much lower than advertised

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"The main reason I bought this car against the competition was mainly based on the supposed gas efficiency advertised by Nissan (20 city / 26 Highway). The reality is completely different, in mix driving conditions (75% city / 25% highway) I can't get more than 19 MPG of this SUV. I don't exceed speed limits, I accelerate & break very smooth in addition that I live in south Florida, completely flat roads. I paid my price to bought a new release model with not enough customers reviews at the time I got it."

you get what you pay for

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "great price, excellent maneuverability"

Cons: "in repair too much"

"Thought the Platinum Pathfinder was a great deal, we got all the bells and whistles for a good price. We have had it for less than a year, it has less than 6k miles on it and it is in the shop again! The first time was a recall on the roof rack. The second time was for an update on the ABS software, the third time was because the heat box needed to be replaced, the fourth time is because of a leak somewhere from behind the glove box."

Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid Climate Control System

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

I don't own this car

"I asked Nissan Motors a question concerning their new Pathfinder Hybrid. It had to do with their Climate Control System operation. As I understand, the electric drive motor shuts off when the air conditioning portion of the CLS kicks in to cool off the interior of the car. This is because there is a drive belt from the compressor to the gas engine that operates the air conditioning. I asked Nissan if the heating portion of the CLS also shuts off the electric motor of the hybrid (if it does, this electric drive motor that helps to save gas and run your car...is off...and it would be off most of the time, thus making the hybrid useless). I stated to Nissan in my third e-mail, "I have been waiting at least 3 WEEKS for an answer to this question. This is not a difficult question. Either the electric motor shuts off or it does not under the conditions asked. A 2 minute inquiry. Every other question I have asked of Nissan was answered quickly. Not this one. Is it because the electric motor is continually shutting down under both warm and cool conditions thus making the hybrid useless? Please respond already. John". Someone please HELP with this question. :P"

See if you qualify for