2013 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,112 - $27,239.

10/8.2

6.6

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.3/10
    6.8/10
    6.9/10
    7.0/10
Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next

What I expected and not disappointed!

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "lots of room and very fuel effiecient for its size"

Cons: "Sporty-not. Tightwad factory warranty. Dealer"

"Bought a 2013 SL 4x4 in November 2012. 9500 miles now. No surprises. Intown mileage has gotten better. Average mileage is 22mpg. Hwy at 77-78 mph is 22.5mpg. Slow down to 70 with cruise and 25mpg is easily delivered. Haven't towed anything so no comment. Occasional transmission lugging when caught in between at slow speed but not problematic-yet? I have experienced same in other vehicles. Nicely finished and very good quality-no shakes, rattles or rolls yet. Good leather quality and substantial-should hold up well. The vehicle is well appointed and lots of interior room. The second row is easy entry/exit and has an incredible amount of leg room (more that Tahoe or Suburban-go figure). Really comfortable for passenger. I don't like the way the 3rd row seats, when folded down, are not flat. Stuff slides towards tail gate. I would have ordered w/o 3rd row if possible but it is a really slick design for third row entry-even an adult(used once). Very comfortable ride on highway-much more so than predecessor Pathfinder or Toyota 4Runner. Both are kidney busters compared to this-imho. Only complaint is car came w/ a very small ding in roof pillar support which wasn't caught at delivery (it was night) and dealer just shook head when pointed out later-typical dealer. I do think the warranty is a joke at 36,000/36 mos. Most others manufacturers have much better. I will probably buy extended warranty as I expect to keep a longtime as my previous Nissan (Infinity G35) is still going strong at 140k (sold to a friend 60k ago). Same engine in both vehicles, but now much more fuel efficient. Very good value-imho."

Don't buy it, the transmission is defective

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "The style and the air conditioned seats"

Cons: "The transmission is defective!!!!"

"I purchased my 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum in December 2012. In March 2013, the transmission went out. It has now been in the shop for two weeks and they are telling me it may be mid May before the transmission can be replaced because it's on back order. Evidently there is a major problem with these transmissions. I'm now waiting on a call from Nissan to tell me what they are going to do correct this situation. I'm sure they will not buy it back, which is what I want. This was my first and last Nissan purchase."

Amazing Car, Great mileage for 4300 lbs vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "2nd and 3rd row room, good mpg, solid ride"

Cons: "rearview visibility, need to use backup camera"

"Nissan hit the family vehicle mark with the redesigned Pathfinder. We had the following constraints when searching for a new vehicle to replace our 1997 Volvo 850 Wagon: 1) Vehicle Safety, 2) Fit a family of six comfortably, 3) Get good gas mileage, 4) Not be a minivan. We looked at ALL of the mid-sized three-row CUVs on the market. Because the 2013 Pathfinder is a new model we used the recently completed Infinity JX35 crash test results for safety (the cars are very similar in design and are made on the same assembly line in TN). Many models (including most of the premium brands) were knocked-off the list because the third-row did not fit a 6’ person without their head hitting the roof. The vehicles that made it through the third-row room filter were the GM (Traverse, Acadia, Enclave family of vehicles), the Toyota Highlander (borderline, headroom in 3rd row), the Honda Pilot, and the Nissan Pathfinder. Of these vehicles the Pathfinder provided the best gas mileage. I believe the key to the high mileage is the CVT. We have the SV model with 4WD and have averaged over 26 mpg on the highway (traveling at 70 mph) and average ~24 mpg driving around our rural town. The car is the quietest car I have ever driven, is extremely comfortable on the road, and has a very solid feel. I have not noticed any of the transmission issues that others have reported. The interior is well designed and practical. Rearview visibility is poor, but the rearview camera alleviates this concern, you do need to keep the camera lens clean in wet or snowy weather (we have driven the vehicle in both.) I would strongly recommend giving this car a hard look if you need a practical 6+ passenger family vehicle with good comfort and mileage. We are looking forward to many years in this vehicle and hope that our initial extremely favorable impression of this car continues."

Bad transmission

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pros: "Interior and exterior design."

Cons: "TRANSMISSION and lack of blind spot detection."

"The transmission (CVT) is a real problem. After Nissan bought back my 2013 Pathfinder due to two transmission failures, I decided to get another 2013 Pathfinder Platinum. Honestly I like the car overall except the transmission.I can feel a vibrations in low speed and the think that i really hate is the feeling of jerking when accelerate from stop.Basically when start to accelerate from stop and the car hits 3500 RPM at about 30-40 MPH, the transmission jumps suddenly from 3500 RPM to 2500 RPM similar to switching from 1st to 2nd gear on auto transmission, which causes a pretty bad jerk.I'm not sure if this is normal but according to Nissan the CVT must be really smooth. Does anyone else has experienced such a transmission behaviour? Also It's a shame that $45000 car doesn't have a blind spot detection, when all competitors offer that must have option on their cars/suvs."

2013 Pathfinder - Navi Monitor BlackOut In 24hs

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "Nice design"

Cons: "Poor Quality, Navi Malfunction in less than 24hrs"

"!!BUYERS BEWARE!! -I purchased/picked up a brand new 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum on Friday, 02/22/2013 at about 8:30pm, thinking that it should be the best car for me and my family. On Saturday, 02/23/2013 at about 7:00pm the navigation monitor black-out. Meaning, all infotainment, entertainment, GPS, and many other computer controls are all non-operational. -I immediately drove the car to the dealer to have it looked at. Since their service department is closed on the weekends, they told me to wait until Monday, 02/25/13 for an inspection. After dropping the car off at the service department, I was told that I should have the car by Wednesday, 02/27/2013. I called today, 02/27/2013 and of course I still can't pick it up. They claimed that Nissan sent them the wrong parts to fix the monitor. I now have to some how wait another week before I can have my car back. -I'm now very doubtful to continue to drive this car. Who knows what other problems will rise next. I even called up Nissan Consumer Affairs and they are helpless. My only reply was I must wait for the dealers delivery. -Nissan corporate just don't care for their consumers. How can they sell anyone a $45,000 defective product that only work for less than 24hrs. I'm now without a car to drive for 3 days and another week in pending, or possibly longer. I can't even be confidence to drive this car in the future. I'M SCREWED by NISSAN !!BUYERS BEWARE!!"

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next