2013 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,849 - $27,069.

10/8.2

6.6

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.2/10
    6.7/10
    6.8/10
    7.0/10
Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next

I LOVE THE RIDE AND COMFORT LEVEL.

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "great ride and comfort."

Cons: "apparently defective transmission."

"the transmission jerks forward , when placed in drive and does not respond to attempts to accelarate at 60 mph, it makes a rumbling noise.something is not rite with this transmission. i have experienced all of the problems that other posters have had with their transmissions."

So far so good

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Smooth, quiet, gas mileage (~22-23 mpg)"

Cons: "not as much feedback as I am used to"

"The Pathfinder is a little different than what I am used to (2007 Honda Ridgeline). It is quieter, more comfortable, and gets better gas milage. The transmission is smooth though a little difficult to modulate on take-off or accelerating from a slow speed. I've seen some reviews indicating that the Pathfinder is slow or handles poorly. I do not agree. When comparing my speed to surrounding traffic, I seem to be going just as fast as I normally would. It just doesn't feel that way because of the smooth ride. The comfortable ride provides less feedback though. I'm having a couple items checked out at the dealer this weekend, nothing serious. I expect a couple minor issues with a new design. As long as they are corrected, it is not a problem. Like I said, it is a little different than I am used to. So far, different is okay."

dissatisfied esp for newly redesign car

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "good handling"

Cons: "slow acceleration,poor mpg,plastic parts"

"Got this car dec 12 ,2012 and it has been fair driving wise but the big thing is the mpg is not accurate.I have checked it twice by computation and it only gets me 15 mpg in city driving. When the car is idle after starting, the air conditioning just hums like no other.The advertised 20/26 is not even close. The other bad thing are the pillars and side mirrors are too bulky that it blocks your vision upon turning left and right. The other thing is behind the third row is too tight so if cargo is important then this is not for you. Plastics and interior has been disappointing since the top part of my upholstery was coming off as well as the plastic latch behind the third row. They have looked at it twice but still unable to fix it. I avoided the full suv due to gas mileage but now am thinking of trading this quickly for one and to think this is a 2WD but still uses a lot of gas!"

What I expected and not disappointed!

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "lots of room and very fuel effiecient for its size"

Cons: "Sporty-not. Tightwad factory warranty. Dealer"

"Bought a 2013 SL 4x4 in November 2012. 9500 miles now. No surprises. Intown mileage has gotten better. Average mileage is 22mpg. Hwy at 77-78 mph is 22.5mpg. Slow down to 70 with cruise and 25mpg is easily delivered. Haven't towed anything so no comment. Occasional transmission lugging when caught in between at slow speed but not problematic-yet? I have experienced same in other vehicles. Nicely finished and very good quality-no shakes, rattles or rolls yet. Good leather quality and substantial-should hold up well. The vehicle is well appointed and lots of interior room. The second row is easy entry/exit and has an incredible amount of leg room (more that Tahoe or Suburban-go figure). Really comfortable for passenger. I don't like the way the 3rd row seats, when folded down, are not flat. Stuff slides towards tail gate. I would have ordered w/o 3rd row if possible but it is a really slick design for third row entry-even an adult(used once). Very comfortable ride on highway-much more so than predecessor Pathfinder or Toyota 4Runner. Both are kidney busters compared to this-imho. Only complaint is car came w/ a very small ding in roof pillar support which wasn't caught at delivery (it was night) and dealer just shook head when pointed out later-typical dealer. I do think the warranty is a joke at 36,000/36 mos. Most others manufacturers have much better. I will probably buy extended warranty as I expect to keep a longtime as my previous Nissan (Infinity G35) is still going strong at 140k (sold to a friend 60k ago). Same engine in both vehicles, but now much more fuel efficient. Very good value-imho."

Don't buy it, the transmission is defective

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "The style and the air conditioned seats"

Cons: "The transmission is defective!!!!"

"I purchased my 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum in December 2012. In March 2013, the transmission went out. It has now been in the shop for two weeks and they are telling me it may be mid May before the transmission can be replaced because it's on back order. Evidently there is a major problem with these transmissions. I'm now waiting on a call from Nissan to tell me what they are going to do correct this situation. I'm sure they will not buy it back, which is what I want. This was my first and last Nissan purchase."

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next