2013 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,112 - $27,239.

10/8.2

6.6

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

7.3/10
    6.8/10
    6.9/10
    7.0/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

great overall vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"would recomend the pathfinder to anyone"

Great car so far!

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Quality Materials, Spacious Interior"

Cons: "CVT takes some getting used to"

"I bought the 2014 SL Premium at a really great price. I had a G35 MT that was my baby, but it was no longer practical (and I have a real baby now). I needed a bigger car, and the smaller crossover wasn't roomy enough after installation of a bulky carseat, while the true SUVs were just too much room for us. It needed to be comfy for cruising a few hours for weekend trips to see my sister, but I wanted all the bells and whistles that I was used to on my Infiniti. Admittedly I didn't immediately love the PF...but I kept it for the day and was won over by the upscale interior and features. I'm not in love with the outside, but considering I spend 2+ hours a day driving, exterior looks are secondary. I put some aftermarket wheels on her and it made a huge difference. I look at CUVs as a driving experience of a different kind. If it can't be fun and exciting like my G, it sure as heck better be spacious, useful, and have a very classy, comfortable interior. My toddler is mesmerized by the second row moonroof (and I love it too). The CVT has been an adjustment as you can imagine, but I've had no problems and I've learned how to get as much power out of it as I can. Call it a Mallfinder if you must...but Nissan knew what their target consumer needed - and wanted - when they redesigned this one. If the CVT continues to be reliable, this is a great all-around car."

car looks good but not worth the price

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "looks nice till you use it"

Cons: "bumpiness, bad interior design, poor gas mileage"

"My average gas mileage is 18 and that is only if I turn off the 4 x 4 option. With 4x4 on, it is 15 mpg. The trunk is smaller than it looks, I currently cannot use my third row as a result. The interior 'looks' nice but the drivers seat headrest cannot be adjusted and hits me in the head on bumpy roads. I have to set the seat in recline to drive and of course, now I have back issues from the strain. Car rides like a truck and accelerates horribly. I would never buy another Pathfinder again based on this!"

Affordable 3rd Row SUV, but unsure on longevity

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, smooth drive, gas mileage, roomy"

Cons: "Nervous about all the recalls/manufacturer defects"

"I'd been looking for an SUV with a 3rd row for over 6 months that was under $30K and was not having any luck. But after I saw the new design of the Pathfinder, and that a local dealer had a used 2013 in stock I went and test drove it (March 2014). I instantly loved the feel of the drive, and the look of the dash and interior, the gas mileage and most of all price ($28K for the SV model with 25K miles). My husband and I both really wanted a Highlander but could not find an affordable used one. We also considered the Pilot but did not like the boxy look or feel of the interior. So the Pathfinder seemed like a good mix of price and style. However, after I bought it I saw all the negative reviews with multiple recalls and issues with the transmission. Needless to say I had major buyers remorse and seriously considered returning it. But my husband insisted he thought the transmission was fine since it already had 25K miles on it and we did not feel/hear any similar issues with jerking, etc. We also confirmed with the dealer that it had a 100K drivetrain warranty that included the transmission. It's been 2 months since we've owned it. We still love the feel of the seats and roominess of the interior. It's definitely bigger in size to the Highlander. However, there are a few annoyances. The cloth interior is almost like suede, and so it looks kind of dirty all the time. I also noticed on the driver/front passenger door handles some of the cloth is wearing off already. I've wiped it down and it seems to clear it up a little. I also agree with previous reviewers now that the dash computer screen looks a little outdated. Kinda 80'sish with these diagonal lines. However, it drives super smooth, has a good turn radius and looks decent on the exterior (I still prefer the look to the Highlander though). I don't think it'll be a car that I own forever. But based on it being a Nissan, I'm hoping it can last us a good 10 years. I drive approximately 20 miles a day to/from work/daycare and average 21 mpg with about 60-70 of that in town and the rest highway. So I'm very happy with the gas mileage. I also wanted to say that there are companies that pay people to write "fake" reviews. So please make sure you read all of the reviews with that caveat in mind. I can't help but wonder if the true overall rating of the Pathfinder would be lower. I normally would not write a review on something I'm still undecided on. But I wanted to provide a true consumer review, and my opinion on the SUV."

dissatisfied

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"I expected more out of this vehicle, I bought it in January 2014 and am now in April 2014, my car has had to go to the shop 5 due to passenger side malfunction, cosmetic issues with the bumber, blown out tire, odometer issues and that's a few....every time there is something new going on with this car. I NEVER HAD THIS MANY ISSUES WITH A CAR BEFORE!!!"

2ND MODEL...LOVE THIS ONE BETTER FOR EXCEPTION

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Dual sunroof, cooled and heated seats, controls"

Cons: "terrible gas mileage"

"Drove a 2008 Pathfinder love it to death, but after having a growing family decided looking at another model having more updates. My favorite thing on PF is the panoramic sunroof looks more a luxury crossover. handles terrific...drives smooth with a great CVT in its class on a 4WD. I got the SV Platinum package on more features and all of the controls are well perfect for the PF. The navigation system, Pandora/Bose radio, blind spot warning, remote start, 3rd row seating seems better on enough comfort in seat support includes cooled heated leather seats so much luxury has been put into this SUV. Bluetooth is very impressive with a backup camera, steering controls, rides well but doesn't have good gas mileage like other did. I'm getting over 19 mpg especially living in the city its not good at all on horrible fuel economy otherwise luv the SUV. Very quiet on a nice styling the towing capacity is really the greatest on PF tow a Bass Boat its huge too didn't reduce the crossover ride but while having the A/C climate system takes up lots of gas. Interior looks very luxury making have a much higher price to window sticker and its an handsome SUV with exception of bad gas mileage I would recommend it. We got our Pathfinder SV Platinum in January read and heard about transmission issues so far its been flawless overall the SUV and CVT drives very powerful now been driving at 8,000 miles already a really better upgraded SUV."

So far it has been one of best veh I have ever own

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive. Like the Satalite radio and bluetoo"

Cons: "Not enough outlets for electronic stuff."

"I have owned this veh for nearly a year and have had no problems with it . We have been on about 3 round trips of 700 miles each and enjoy the comfort of the veh. Seats are very comfortable and all instruments are easy to read from drivers seat. We got over-all fuel mileage of 24 MPG and am well satisfied considering the size of the Pathfinder. It has more than enough power for anything you ask of it. The CVT transmission works so smooth. So far the 2013 Pathfinder SL has been an excellent veh."

Love this car

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Quiet ride, towing cap, fuel economy, fun to drive"

Cons: "loud steering pump"

"I had some problems with this car in the beginning. had that shudder problem at around 1000 miles. first time around to the dealer they updated some software, problem was not solved. Second time they changed the torque converter and that solved my problem. Now my car drives like a dream. My brother has the infinite counter part of this car and i see little difference between the two. Only mine is a quite a bit cheaper. absolutely love this car!"

Poor quality product. Rushed out the factory.

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Nothing."

Cons: "Replace 2 major components in 1 month."

"I had written a review previously on this website unfortunately I cannot edit it to update it. Based on my earlier review there was a passenger side air bag issue which was supposedly resolved by a calibration of sensor, it is now an air bag control module replacement. I am waiting for the dealer to get the required part so I can schedule a replacement. I guess, the next 50 miles will find a new issue with the vehicle. At this stage after spending 51K on the vehicle and spending countless hours trying to get this car fixed and driving nearly 1000 miles of the 2600 miles on my vehicle to get the car fixed I am certain this is a AVOID at all COSTS. How many electronic component replacements does it take Nissan to admit the vehicle is a lemon? Apparently unlimited. Save yourself the agony and buy something else. Least you should want to do is to buy a vehicle from a manufacturer who cares about the quality of their product, Nissan is not one of them."

So far so good

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Handling, size,"

Cons: "Uncomfortable cloth seats, black interior, get the"

"I bought the SV I like everything about the vehicle, but wished I would have moved up to the SL, and got the leather interior. I find the cloth seats to be to hard, and the fabric hard to keep clean. I have had no problem at all with the transmission, has quick acceleration and handles really well. The engine is noisy on acceleration, but I do not mind that"

Poor quality avoid at all cost.

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "None."

Cons: "Quality is poor, avoid."

"I absolutely hate the vehicle and Nissan and its so called customer service. I bought a car from a dealer in North Phoenix with 9 miles on the vehicle. I drove it home approx. 50 miles (one way) only to notice there was a I-Key system error. I called the dealer and he told me they sold the vehicle without programming the fob and I needed to bring it in for reprogramming. 3 Hours later the technician tells me the problem is with shifting assembly and it requires to be replaced. On a car which had 115 miles on it. I live in the wonderful state of Arizona which does its residents a disservice by not allowing a 3 day cooling off period. Regardless, I am asked to bring the vehicle back when they receive the part, nearly a week later they replace the part and the i-key and check engine indicator are cleared. OBD Code was P0850. Mechanic who serviced the car possibly caused some scratch marks and a panel near the shifter was lose. I also noticed the passenger side airbag was not working - i.e. the airbag was off even with my wife sitting in the seat at some point it went away when she moved about it the seat. Back to the dealer to get it fixed and I am told the seat sensor was not calibrated st sll. The testing by technicians reveled it did not recognize weight up to 350 lbs. Now the car seems to be working fine in terms of the shifter, but the passenger side airbag is still intermittent and I am told by Nissan Customer Service I should take it to the dealer and get it fixed. Impression I get from Nissan Customer service is these issues are routine and should be expected, after all their excellent trained technicians at the dealers are available to fix these issues. Makes me feel like I bought a TV without the power supply and a screen and the local Sony maintenance shop will install the missing items and anything else they might find. Absolutely hate the car and Nissan, they would have to put a gun to my head to make me buy another vehicle from Nissan ever. Nissan Customer Service is really poor the Company policy is to avoid accepting any issues with the vehicle and refer the customers to dealerships for repairs and if the customer is not happy refer them to BBB. Seriously? Is that the idea of their customer service?"

Great SUV... better the 2nd time around!

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, outstanding technology, good mileage"

Cons: "Lack of acceleration"

"I purchased the fully-loaded Pathfinder Platinum 4x4 in September. Without going into long details, it developed a "shudder" at low speeds and even after 4 prolonged repair attempts at the dealer, it continued to shudder and we eventually managed to get it exchanged for a new one. The new one is amazing. I too don't get near to the advertised fuel mileage (also around 19 combined), but then that's still not bad for a very large vehicle. The car is totally ergonomic: everything is where you need it to be or where you expect it to be. I love the large display and use a lot of the functions every day. We find restaurants with it, check national and local weather, check our mileage, surf SiriusXM radio and more. I love the top-down 'helicopter' view of the car when you reverse... totally amazing! Aside from the gadgets, it rides very smooth both in the city and the highway. We wanted a very quiet highway car, and this is it. Drives itself practically. Good in the turns, handles very well and is a pleasure to drive. Very good visibility all around and easy to park with the cameras and sensors. I would highly recommend this SUV to anyone looking for a luxury car without the high cost... you get significantly more than a comparable X5, Q7 or Porsche Cayenne."

Gas mileage much lower than advertised

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"The main reason I bought this car against the competition was mainly based on the supposed gas efficiency advertised by Nissan (20 city / 26 Highway). The reality is completely different, in mix driving conditions (75% city / 25% highway) I can't get more than 19 MPG of this SUV. I don't exceed speed limits, I accelerate & break very smooth in addition that I live in south Florida, completely flat roads. I paid my price to bought a new release model with not enough customers reviews at the time I got it."

you get what you pay for

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "great price, excellent maneuverability"

Cons: "in repair too much"

"Thought the Platinum Pathfinder was a great deal, we got all the bells and whistles for a good price. We have had it for less than a year, it has less than 6k miles on it and it is in the shop again! The first time was a recall on the roof rack. The second time was for an update on the ABS software, the third time was because the heat box needed to be replaced, the fourth time is because of a leak somewhere from behind the glove box."

Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid Climate Control System

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

I don't own this car

"I asked Nissan Motors a question concerning their new Pathfinder Hybrid. It had to do with their Climate Control System operation. As I understand, the electric drive motor shuts off when the air conditioning portion of the CLS kicks in to cool off the interior of the car. This is because there is a drive belt from the compressor to the gas engine that operates the air conditioning. I asked Nissan if the heating portion of the CLS also shuts off the electric motor of the hybrid (if it does, this electric drive motor that helps to save gas and run your car...is off...and it would be off most of the time, thus making the hybrid useless). I stated to Nissan in my third e-mail, "I have been waiting at least 3 WEEKS for an answer to this question. This is not a difficult question. Either the electric motor shuts off or it does not under the conditions asked. A 2 minute inquiry. Every other question I have asked of Nissan was answered quickly. Not this one. Is it because the electric motor is continually shutting down under both warm and cool conditions thus making the hybrid useless? Please respond already. John". Someone please HELP with this question. :P"

Best SUV with a great price

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"I have not one complaint about this vehicle. I test drove the Honda Pilot, but the Pathfinder was just better. It's very quiet, comfortable and stylish. A comment from the car wash attendant that he thought it was a Lexus when he first got into it confirmed my opinion of great the interior look."

I love the suv

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "great price and fun to drive on a daily basis"

Cons: "no nav on my package, missing the bird's eye view"

"My husband and I purchased a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder a week ago. So far, We love the SUV. We love the space, the features, and the price. The performance is great. It has excellent power when on the Hwy. There is plenty of space for our growing 15 year old son. However, we would of love to have gotten the Navigation system, but it wasn't offered in our package. I also would like to see Nissan add the surround camera system for safety in all of their models. My package only had the rear camera."

Excellent vehicle

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

"Excellent ride. Easy "in and out." Outstanding features and climate control. The parking assist is easy and convenient to use. The 2013 redesign was a good move."

A couple issues but overall great!

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Ride, space, towing, fuel economy"

"I have had my Pathfinder for about a year now and overall I love it! Yes I have had some first year growing pains but what brand doesn't with an all new vehicle? The fuel economy is way better than I expected, super nice ride, tows our travel trailer well and fits my family of 5 perfectly. Any time you buy the first year of something you have to expect more issues than later in the product cycle, that is the cost of having something fresh. I wouldn't trade this vehicle, even with some quality issues, for any other car. My dealer has been excellent in making sure I was taken care of!"

Don't Buy a 2013 or 14!!!

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "cabin space (Infiniti makes same size, though)"

Cons: "Can't drive it, automatic doesn't shift out of 2nd"

"Bought it brand new - five months into it had transmission problems - never compensated for Nissan's clear problem, even though two different reps said we would. It disrupted our lives and our carpools because my car was in the shop having the transmission fixed two times (gone for 5 weeks at one time), about to be three times. Corporate knew there was a problem, tried a stop-gap measure (a transmission modulator) even though reports had been placed that the entire transmission should be replaced. Transmission was replaced with REFURBISHED parts, finally. AND, Nissan did not change the transmission on the 2014, after knowing the issues existed on the 2013. DON'T buy it! It is not worth it. Getting rid of it as soon as possible!"

Amazing family vehicle!

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Great price if you know how to negotiate car pric."

Cons: "Can't tell if the heated seats in the back are on."

Wow! nice and shiny...

"I bought my vehicle in April of this year and until now I didn't have any issues. My friends always tell me how nice my car is. Even people I don't know are asking what vehicle I have. They say that my car is striking may be because of picking the right color which is red. PLUS! the platinum premium has 20" wheels and the rims are totally different than other makes. I don't need to buy sporty set of rims because of its well made factory design. Moreover, the best thing I like about this vehicle is the panoramic sunroof the second and third row get the view compared to other vehicles or luxury cars that have panoramic view. Above all, my wife and I are very satisfied and it really worth our money."

Wow! nice and shiny...

Dont buy

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

"i have transmission issues even after they out a new transmission. very bad customer service FROM NISSAN. PLEASE DONT BUY THIS CAR."

Would not buy until transmission problem solved.

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, fun to drive, great room and ride."

Cons: "Transmission no side view warning."

"I purchased this 2013 Pathfinder in Jan 13 trading in a 2010 Murano that I liked but wanted something roomier. What a mistake that was. I have had nothing but problems with shuddering of transmission. Had convertor changed and reprogramed with the same problem. Now going to replace the transmission. I will try to get them to buy back or trade for Toyota or Honda after 10 years of being loyal to Nissan with 5 vehicles. Very disappointed with how Nissan has handled this problem. Asked to buy it back but they denied. This is serious but they don't think so. SAD"

Transmission out already

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Great gas milage, comfortable, feels high end"

Cons: "been in the shop for half of the time we've had it"

"We purchased a 2014 Platinum Premium Pathfinder less than two months ago. I love the features, and the comfort of this vehicle. However, 3 days after owning the vehicle it was in the shop needing a new transmission. It took awhile for it to come in, and the shuddering while driving was getting really bad. We finally got the transmission replaced and they re-programmed some stuff...drove it off the lot and hadn't gotten 100 feet from the dealership and the shuddering is STILL there. Took it back in and it needs another new transmission! I love this vehicle, but am highly disappointed with the quality of the transmission and with Nissan's 'fix' for the problem. Thankfully we have the extended warranty, because we are going to need it apparently."

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Pretty"

Cons: "Transmission problems"

"I bought this car and had transmission problems 3 times in a month. The dealership let me trade it in for another one and promised me it would be a 1 in a million chance it would happen again. Had this new pathfinder for 3 days and the problems are starting again. I'm warning you, it is not worth the aggrevation. Do not buy this car!"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next