2012 Nissan Pathfinder

8.2

Based on 465 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Super Midsize

By on Friday, March 14, 2008

"I've had my Pathfinder for almost two years and have not had any problems. I've previously had a Grand Cherokee, Explorer and Envoy and had ongoing issues with each, especially the Envoy (nightmare). I'm 6'2" and this is by far the most comfortable midsize SUV I found and I test drove just about everyone. I love how this vehicle handles whether grinding in traffic or on long road trips. We loved the incrdible Bose sound system with 10 spreakers. I would prefer a touch screen navigation over this joystick version but it works great. I am sad to say that my Pathfinder is totalled but I am very happy to report that my 8 yr old son, who was seatbelted in the second row, and I survived a 60 mph collision with a car that turned in front of us from the opposite direction. We walked away without a scratch. This is a safe vehicle!"

my best car ever!!!!!! love it!!!

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"This car was the best choice for a family like mine. We are 5 people that fit just nice in it and Grandma and Grandpa as well"

Very Good Auto decreasing in newer models to good

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Right Size auto for our needs, pulled boat"

Cons: "decrease reliability trend/increasing op. costs"

"This was my third pathfinder, 92, 97, 2006. My very best was the first one. They (Pathfinders) started a down hill slide by going away from a "truck" style frame to a "car" uni-body. I wanted the truck ride. I pulled a boat much to heavy for the 1992's 3.0L engine. It never faltered. Never need any additional repair other than battery, oil changes etc. 120,000 wonderful miles of ownership/service. My 1997 needed all the body mounts replaced. It got so bad if you crossed a 2" snow ridge on the highway, you'd be thrown into the ditch before regaining control. My 2006 is on it's third belt and auto tensioner replacement. Then $1300 front end component repair, again it had became unable to drive on the highway. Complete front Rotor replacement at 60k miles, on it's second Heater fan, rear window strut replacement etc. etc. My disappointment of the decreasing quality is only exceeded by the $14,000 in emergency (stranded 5x's) on my Domestic 2005 Ford F250SD pickup. Pathfinder now look like a station wagon? Car's cost 2-3 x's as much...,but their reliability tanked? I bought a RAV4, not the same quality/size/or options. But it is only $10,000 more than the 1992 Pathfinder. Not the $46,000 if I were to stay with Pathfinders."

Good, solid, & reliable

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, low amount of repairs, easy to drive"

Cons: "Gas guzzler, 4wd subpar, premature rust"

"Overall, it's been a great vehicle for me. I've owned it for five years and other than then normal maintainence, it's been a very lost cost to have. Currently, I have 106,000 miles and going strong. I'll give you the cons. Poor gas mileage, rough ride, four wheel drive is poor in the snow, some rust starting on the tailgate very early. The pros: very reliable, low repairs, easy to drive."

RUN AWAY

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"Do not buy a Pathfinder made between 2005-2008. I have had nothing but trouble with mine and have seen many web-sites complaining of the same problems I have had. The major issue is the radiator cracking which lets coolant into the transmission which ruins the transmission. $6000 . Just found out I have to replace the catalytic converter. Quoted by dealership at $1750."