2011 Nissan Pathfinder

8.2

Based on 459 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"We bought out '07 Pathfinder used. We had a minivan as our family vehicle, but wanted something that not only looked better, but also had some towing capability to meet our future demands (planning to purchase a boat). We stumbled on a deal on a used '07 Pathfinder and jumped at the opportunity. We have been very happy with it, and it fits pretty well in our family. My dad has an '06 Frontier and my mother-in-law has '01 Frontier. We have nothing but good things to say about our experiences with Nissan. The only thing that strikes me as odd with the Pathfinder, considering it's powered by the same VQ40DE (which is an incredibly smooth engine, especially for a V6) found in the Frontier and Xterra, is that it calls for premium gas, whereas the others call for regular. With gas prices where they are, the additional cost doesn't seem worth it for the slight bump in power the Pathfinder gets over the other two vehicles. But, we haven't had any problems running on mid-grade (no knock or pinging, no noticeable performance differences), so the premium isn't absolutely necessary, but it is generally a good idea to follow the manufacturer's fuel recommendations. We average between 17-18 MPG city and 22 MPG highway. We rarely use the third row, but it's nice having it - the kids can fit back there, and once they outgrow it, the dog will have her own seat. As for comfort, we thought the minivan we had was a pretty comfortable vehicle for long trips, and this Pathfinder doesn't stray too far from that level of comfort. The ride quality is great - very car-like, as is the handling. As for quality, we haven't had any issues. We received all the records and a carfax report on it when we purchased it, and it doesn't appear it had any issues before we bought it, either. I would not hesitate to pack the family in it and make a cross-country trip. Overall, we love this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone looking for a family hauler with some power and cargo space."

Needs more room!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"It says it seats 7, but that must be 5 - 10 yearolds and 2 adults. 7 adults are NOT COMFORTABLE in this vehicle. It needs more room. Two car seats in the back means no room in the front and the very back seats are ridiculously small. Very dependable and drives great, gets about 20 MPG, so not bad."

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Low cost to drive/own."

Cons: "Cloth seat design causes wear on edge, upon entry."

"Purchased it new in 2006 and drive 20K miles per year and haven't had a minute's trouble. Oil changed every 5K miles and all maintenance intervals met. This was first Nissan owned, after strong recommendation by relative, who owned a Maxima. Local dealer is very good and this experience let us to purchase a second Nissan, this time a Maxima two years ago. No reservations about recommending this vehicle to others."

Fun car, very dissappointed with major components

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "nice rugged design"

Cons: "hard to reach drivers door when open even to close"

"I drive alot for work, mostly highway, car serviced regularly, had major problems with fuel guage, radiator putting water in transmission, and transmission. All very expensive repairs with none under warrantee. Nissan was no help when I talked to them.VERY Disappointed"

Reliable vehicle at 6yrs and counting

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, well built, good looking vehicle"

Cons: "Gas mileage, DVD system not very ergonomic"

"I've been very happy with my Pathfinder LE. Just had my first "fix" at the service dept for delayed starting. For 6yrs and 81,000 miles I think that's pretty good. The gas mileage is not very good (15-16mpg around town; 18-19mpg interstate) but I knew that going in. All in all, very reliable, good looking vehicle that holds up well to normal wear and tear."