2011 Nissan Pathfinder

8.2

Based on 463 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Very dependable car

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"The only problem I ever had was the light that tells you that a tire is going down came on and is still on after 6 years. Not worth the time to take it in to get it fixed. The good thing about Nissans is that hardly anything ever goes wrong with them. The bad thing is that if something serious does go wrong under warranty you will have to fight to get Nissan to take care of it."

Love the Pathfinder

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Awesome gas mileage on the highway"

Cons: "Transmission/Radiator issues"

"It has all these features I desired in an SUV. Only problem with Pathfinders of these 2000 models is that they have radiator issues that alter the heat and a/c by causing leakage into the transmission fluid. I think I have it right. Fortunately, Nissan has warranted this issue with an additional 80,000 miles, something like that. This is my second Pathfinder and this issue was in my 2005 model as well. I feel like the transmission is still affected by it even though it was fixed. It makes a roaring noise sporadically with a struggle picking up momentum at times, but it's still driving. I do love it and plan on keeping for as long as I can."

Was sad to let it go!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Reason: Bad gas mileage

Pros: "LOTS of interior room, smooth ride, reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage, RWD"

"Owned our Pathfinder for 3 years; just traded it in a few days ago. We've always loved this vehicle and it was a tough decision to let it go but it was time. For a family with kids & large dogs, it served us very well. It was a good reliable car (until a few months ago) & the flexibility of the 3rd row plus large cargo area saved us on many occasions. It was a smooth ride & very comfortable on road trips. HATED the 14 mpg & you'd better just call in sick if there's even a lick of ice on the roads (ours was RWD). We'd replaced 2 O2 sensors @ $400/ea & the clutch was going out. Overall, I loved my Pathfinder."

Get rid of it!

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Reason: Constant repairs

Pros: "Lots of power"

Cons: "Mechanical nightmare"

"Owned the 2006 LE for 5 years. I bought it brand new. As soon as the factory warranty was up the following occured within 4-6 months of each other: 1.) Fuel tank sensor failed 2.) Timing chain tensioner replaced. 3.) Exhaust cross pipe(whatever that is) cracked. 4.) Radiator leaked into transmission-replaced transmission and radiator-fought with Nissan for months, finally they payed for transmission, I paid for radiator. 5.) All 4 U-joints failed. This is only the stuff I can recall, there is more. Best friend had the 2005 version, same exact problems, just traded mine in for 2012 Ford Escape Limited."

Best & Safest Vehicle(after 65mph accident!)

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"I had this vehicle for 9 great months. I bought it used with 12k miles and have never had any problems with it. I loved this vehicle. We have a family of 5, 2 of my children are in carseats. Which was a little small but not unbearable. Anyway just survived a crash going 65mph and only had some bruising on my knees and little sorness from seatbelt. My husband was driving & he only got burn/blister on his hand from holding stering wheel while airbag inflated. My 15month old daughter bit her tounge and small fingernail type scratch on her neck. My poor vehicle took all of the impact for us. It was totaled, but we are alive & very well.(in case your wondering a 19(driver),17 & 21 year old traveling on a 2 lane road with a stop sign, drove straight across an intersection of a major 4 lane divided hwy into our path. No time to brake! Crash and that was it. They were driving an older Nissan Maxima which also held up pretty good, & they had some minor injuries(and were charged with the accident). The paramedic told me that was the 2nd Pathfinder he has seen in a major accident that the people faired really good, & he said he wanted to buy one. I too will be looking for another!"

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"We bought out '07 Pathfinder used. We had a minivan as our family vehicle, but wanted something that not only looked better, but also had some towing capability to meet our future demands (planning to purchase a boat). We stumbled on a deal on a used '07 Pathfinder and jumped at the opportunity. We have been very happy with it, and it fits pretty well in our family. My dad has an '06 Frontier and my mother-in-law has '01 Frontier. We have nothing but good things to say about our experiences with Nissan. The only thing that strikes me as odd with the Pathfinder, considering it's powered by the same VQ40DE (which is an incredibly smooth engine, especially for a V6) found in the Frontier and Xterra, is that it calls for premium gas, whereas the others call for regular. With gas prices where they are, the additional cost doesn't seem worth it for the slight bump in power the Pathfinder gets over the other two vehicles. But, we haven't had any problems running on mid-grade (no knock or pinging, no noticeable performance differences), so the premium isn't absolutely necessary, but it is generally a good idea to follow the manufacturer's fuel recommendations. We average between 17-18 MPG city and 22 MPG highway. We rarely use the third row, but it's nice having it - the kids can fit back there, and once they outgrow it, the dog will have her own seat. As for comfort, we thought the minivan we had was a pretty comfortable vehicle for long trips, and this Pathfinder doesn't stray too far from that level of comfort. The ride quality is great - very car-like, as is the handling. As for quality, we haven't had any issues. We received all the records and a carfax report on it when we purchased it, and it doesn't appear it had any issues before we bought it, either. I would not hesitate to pack the family in it and make a cross-country trip. Overall, we love this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone looking for a family hauler with some power and cargo space."

Excellent vehicle for the True Sportsman

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

Pros: "Everything is well made"

Cons: "Fuel consumption"

"This is one of the last true trucks (4x4) that Nissan has made. All new suv's are crossover. The only trucks are the Titan and suv's the Armada. Very nice but the fuel economy is why Energy Extremists go crazy. The fuel mileage is well below the manufacturer sticker estimate. That includes the Pathfinder up until 2013 when Nissan changed the Pathfinder to a crossover. They have the technology. Why don't they make trucks (4x4) that get good gas mileage? All the American Companies are doing it. It is making me decide either to go to American made trucks or stay loyal to Nissan and pay through my nose for fuel? Maybe KBB can change Nissan's mind? I need a new vehicle. It doesn't look like it's going to be a Nissan after 10 Nissan's in the last 14 years. I have to go back to American made."

Needs more room!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"It says it seats 7, but that must be 5 - 10 yearolds and 2 adults. 7 adults are NOT COMFORTABLE in this vehicle. It needs more room. Two car seats in the back means no room in the front and the very back seats are ridiculously small. Very dependable and drives great, gets about 20 MPG, so not bad."

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Low cost to drive/own."

Cons: "Cloth seat design causes wear on edge, upon entry."

"Purchased it new in 2006 and drive 20K miles per year and haven't had a minute's trouble. Oil changed every 5K miles and all maintenance intervals met. This was first Nissan owned, after strong recommendation by relative, who owned a Maxima. Local dealer is very good and this experience let us to purchase a second Nissan, this time a Maxima two years ago. No reservations about recommending this vehicle to others."

Fun car, very dissappointed with major components

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "nice rugged design"

Cons: "hard to reach drivers door when open even to close"

"I drive alot for work, mostly highway, car serviced regularly, had major problems with fuel guage, radiator putting water in transmission, and transmission. All very expensive repairs with none under warrantee. Nissan was no help when I talked to them.VERY Disappointed"