2011 Nissan Pathfinder

8.1

Based on 447 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Great SUV and a great value

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"I have had my 2007 Pathfinder for only about a month now, but I love it. I did a ton of research before buying and have no regrets. The engine is excellent and I am averaging about 20 MPG with mostly city driving. The quality of the interior could is good but could be better. Other than that, no complaints. You get so much standard that you would have to pay for with any other brand."

What A Lemon!

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"About 6 months after I bought my 2006 Pathfinder it began to squeak and creak every time I hit a bump. Now a full year later it continually squeaks when I hit a bump, when I close my driver door and pretty much just driving down the road. I've taken it into the dealer and they keep telling me that they "can't duplicate" the problem, which is a bit hard to believe to believe as anybody who can hear would be able to hear the squeak. You can even hear it outside the car when I'm driving down the street. I've done Internet research and have discovered that this is apparently a fairly common problem with Pathfinders and I'm not the only person with this issue. On some models it's apparently related to the fuel pump; in many of the reviews I've read the owners have been told by Nissan that the problem can't be fixed. I also get rattles from back beneath the dashboard. About half a dozen small metal clamps have also fallen out from underneath the dash. I assume they were holding wiring harnesses together that are now tapping against the inside of the hard molded plastic dash. On a related note, I think the car has an electrical short somewhere. My car alarm periodically goes off by itself while sitting unattended in my garage. Sometimes it goes off for several minutes and quits while other times it goes off for only 4-5 seconds before stopping. My driver seat also sometimes readjusts its position totally unprompted. The VDC/SLP light also tends to come on and stay on. It's only supposed to come on when it's wet or the driving conditions are slippery, etc. But mine comes on when it's dry and sunny out and won't go off. Again, my dealer says that it can't duplicated the problem. All in all, this car is comfortable and I like the powerful engine, but it's just not worth the hassle considering that I paid $30,000 for this lemon. This is the second Nissan I've owned (previously owned an Xterra) and I'll never buy another one. There's too much cheap, hard plastic and Nissan's quality of construction leaves a lot to be desired. Sae your money and go buy a better quality ride. I intend to trade this car on another SUV from another manufacturer ASAP. I was going to wait until I bought my new house, but the squeaks and rattles are just too much to handle."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"I have a 2005 LE, loaded. I am impressed with the ride and performance of the vehicle. It's used alot on northern PA. mountain roads and the ride is great. My friends are impressed with the back seat ride and comfort. Average about 16.5 around town and 23.8 on the highway. Can't complain about that in an SUV."

Best midsize SUV Value

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"Best kept secret most people will overlook this nissan and buy toyota. But when it comes to what you get for your money and book value it leads in it's class."

By on Friday, July 06, 2007