2011 Nissan Pathfinder

8.1

Based on 445 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Terrible Transmissions in these vehicles!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

"I had no problems with the truck until it passed 107,000 miles and then with no warning the transmission went out while I was driving on the freeway, I barely managed to get to the side of the road safely. Then I find out that its not if the trans is going to give out but when is it going to give out. Nissan knows about the problems with the transmissions in the Pathfinder but wont stand behind their product. It cost me $5200 to get car repaired and Nissan wouldn't pay a dime towards the repair. I have owned 3 other Nissans in the past but I will NEVER buy another of their vehicles."

Don't buy one!!

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Transmission messed up on the pathfinder and we didn't even have it a year!! What makes it worse is I have read it happens to most pathfinders around that year model. It happens as a result of the way the car was built. The company doesn't stand behind their product either! Don't buy this car!!"

Your Transmission WILL fail

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "engine, power, 7 seats, and towing capacity."

Cons: "TRANSMISSION and Nissan's lack of customer support"

"BYPASS YOUR IN-RADIATOR COOLER FOR YOUR TRANSMISSION NOW!! This is a good truck and a good value if the transmission is not slipping. If you ever feel like it is running over gravel in 3rd or 4th gear around 40-50mph, your transmission is about to fail catastrophically. Look online to find "how to bypass radiator transmission cooler" and do it. It is an easy 30 minute fix with simple hand tools. If your transmission is god and this fix is completed BEFORE any damage has been done, this is a good truck with a strong engine and tons of room for the money."

Excellent Afordable SUV

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Price, Fun to drive, comfortable, secure, space"

Cons: "nothing!"

"This SUV is a very good option for families. A lot of space. Fun to drive. A lot a security options. The outside of the car is very cool and the inside even more!!! I like this series more than the new model (2013 and up). This is my 3rd pathfinder and and think it's time for change, since I don't like the 2014, I'll get the Honda Pilot 2014 at the end of this year."

Very dependable car

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"The only problem I ever had was the light that tells you that a tire is going down came on and is still on after 6 years. Not worth the time to take it in to get it fixed. The good thing about Nissans is that hardly anything ever goes wrong with them. The bad thing is that if something serious does go wrong under warranty you will have to fight to get Nissan to take care of it."