2009 Nissan Pathfinder

8.2

Based on 463 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Reliable vehicle at 6yrs and counting

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, well built, good looking vehicle"

Cons: "Gas mileage, DVD system not very ergonomic"

"I've been very happy with my Pathfinder LE. Just had my first "fix" at the service dept for delayed starting. For 6yrs and 81,000 miles I think that's pretty good. The gas mileage is not very good (15-16mpg around town; 18-19mpg interstate) but I knew that going in. All in all, very reliable, good looking vehicle that holds up well to normal wear and tear."

Awesome!

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I bought my 2005 Pathfinder LE 4x4 new and it has been one awesome vehicle on and off road. I use premium fuel and synthetic oil, and the performance is amazing. It does 0-60 in 7.5 seconds, which is very fast for a 5,000 pound SUV. That's about 1.5 seconds faster than rated. It gets 17.5 mpg overall, with mostly around town driving. It doesn't get much better mileage even with mostly highway driving, which is weird. The most mpg I've gotten overall was 18.5. It has been very reliable. It had one recall on an emissions part, but it was replaced quickly at not charge, of course. The third row seats are cramped in the foot area, but still good for the kids. Visibility overall is good. Stopping distance is just OK, but still good for a big SUV. The AWD system is very good, and better than the 4x4 system on snowy and icy roads. The 4x4 system is very good in difficult off road situations. Ground clearance is rated at 8 or 9 inches, but the overall effective clearance is actually about 11 inches. Emergency handling is very good for an SUV, especially because of the active safety features that control handling. The ride comfort is good, but not as comfortable as some other SUVs, but then the handling is better with the Pathfinder. It's hard to get great handling and comfort in a vehicle of this type, so I'd rather have good handling. The Ford Explorer had a more comfortable ride when I test drove it. Overall, it's not perfect, but still excellent, and better, in my opinion, than any other vehicle in it's class that I test drove before buying it."

its nice

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"I've had a 2007 Pathfinder SE for a little over a year now. Gas mileage is far from good.. about 15-16mpg in the city. Sometimes down to 12-13! But its an SUV-what do you expect. Highway I get about 18mpg. The 3rd row seat is a bit of a joke for adults, but handy in a pinch. We keep it down most of the time, the storage in the back with the 3rd row seats down is fantastic. With the seats up, the storage in the back is ok, a little smaller than a standard sized trunk of a car. So far it has run well-knock on wood! Only been to the garage for routine oil changes and maintenance. Drives nice too. Watch your speed! I find myself doing 80 and not even realizing it."

Good Alternative

By on Monday, August 03, 2009

"I bought 2005 Pathfinder with every option available minus navigation. Love the SUV. i am still getting 18.5 MPG combined, not great but I knew it going into. Love the ample storage space and third row seat is handy in a jamb. 2nd row seats are not confortable for Adults. Front row seats are very nice. After 4 years and 120,000 miles, still looks new and rides like new."

Great SUV/Poor Resale Value

By on Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Love/Hate my 2005 Pathfinder LE 4x4. Nissan's Dealership service Departments have always been pleasant and their advisors provide great customer service. Have had a few warranty issues with my 2005 since it was the first year of the new body style: 1) the driver's side power window switch stopped rolling down the rear windows 2) trailer hitch switch had a recall issue so I took it in for that so the switch wouldn't short out 3) have had a mysterious rattle under the dash near the parking break area that I can never reproduce when I take it in to the dealer but they are aware of it and the only other wierd issue to me is the the brakes squealled from day one of owning the vehicle when I backed up at low speeds and now squeal when I go thru say a drive thru at low speeds going forward....the pads are fine and the dealer has checked them and say the brakes are fine...that it is the material the pads are made of that cause the squeal so??? But all-n-all I do love the truck and these issues are minor to me overall. Gas mileage is horrorable and the resale value is pitiful so I will not be trading it in any time soon unless I want to be way upside down in my next vehicle. Oh, about the "wind issue" with just the back two windows down..it is only solved on my vehicle when all four windows are down...then I actually get zero wind/noise thru the truck and it is quite a pleasant ride. Would I buy another?...No, because it doesn't hold its resale value like I thought it would."

A Real Gem

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"After 65,000 miles, I just had the full 60K service done, the truck still runs like new. PROs - looks good, powerful, great cruiser on the freeway, good stereo CONs - loud engine when accelerating, but hey, its fast. I do a lot of road driving as well as local hauling for landscaping. Can't beat this truck. I say truck, becuase it is more truckish than most SUVs. If you like driving Trucks, you will like this. If you don't like the "roughness" of trucks, then get a Murano or other crossover. I still don't understand why critics like the 4runner better. It is narrower inside, and less attractive outside. Don't get me wrong, I love Toyota's as I traded my Tundra for the Pathfinder, but the Pathfinder is better than the 4 runner in my opinoin."

The BEST SUV ever!

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, good price, nice looking"

Cons: "None - I like it alot."

"I love my 2010 Nissan Pathfinder SE. No problems, runs great and will be trading it in this month for the new 2014 Pathfinder. I had a 2008 before this one and had no problems with that one either. The 2010 gets even better gas mileage than my last one, about 21mpg. I get regular oil changes and take good care of it. I am looking forward to getting another Nissan Pathfinder."

Best Car

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "reliable, fun"

Cons: "Needs better gas milage"

"I have owned this car for 6 years now. It has been the best. I have been looking for a more gas efective or electric car but I will never part with this one."

Great for the family. Which i had it since new

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "It's strong"

Cons: "Gas AVG 16-23"

"I bough it used, also a used 2005 base model"

It is a great mid-size SUV! Reliable,economical

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"Great SUV with comfortable ride and reliable engine. Only problem is an annoying squeak when going over a bump that no one can pinpoint. Seems to be in the front wheel well area. We tow a 20ft bowrider boat with no problems whatsoever. All we've done is replace the brakes in nearly 7 years!"