2009 Nissan Pathfinder

8.1

Based on 447 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Road Warrior

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "great drive"

Cons: "I wasnt crazy about the color"

"We have taken many out of town trips with the whole family. The kids and back seat passengers love to watch DVDs on long trips. I love the headphones so people watching the movie are not interrupted when I'm listening to the radio. The third row is a great size for the kids and the leather cleans up very well. I did put the four wheel drive into play a few times, in mud and in sand, and it was incredible! I have also used the roof racks and rear tie-downs. This truck is great on the highway as well as off road. Well done Nissan, well done!"

The BEST SUV ever!

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, good price, nice looking"

Cons: "None - I like it alot."

"I love my 2010 Nissan Pathfinder SE. No problems, runs great and will be trading it in this month for the new 2014 Pathfinder. I had a 2008 before this one and had no problems with that one either. The 2010 gets even better gas mileage than my last one, about 21mpg. I get regular oil changes and take good care of it. I am looking forward to getting another Nissan Pathfinder."

Terrible vehicl massive repairs entire time of own

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "good Idea seat 7 good looking vehicle interior is"

Cons: "anything mechanicle will break"

"Ongoing brake problems, massive Radiator transmission problems see class action law suit. U joints, steering,front end and all 4 wheel berings, Had to replace the transfer case berings(the transfer case had to be dropped and dismantled for this to happen) all occured under 100K I will never purchase another Nissan product as long as I live. The repair bills have been overwhelming"

Warranty not honored transmission and gas sensor

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "I paid $16,500 for the vechicle in 2010"

Cons: "Leather seats, sun roof, "17" wheels"

"I purchase my truck in 2010 because I loved the interior and exterior style and features. However, once I got a 100,000 miles on it I began have trobule with my gas gage and transmission. Nevertheless, I fell victum like many others with this same year truck. The warranty is not extended after 100K miles. There has even been lawsuit settlement on these very same issues. The gas sensor repair is $425 just to began with and the transmission / radiator repair $6,000 to $9,000. This one is "high maintance" can't afford her. For now on I'm sticking with the "common..." Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or GM."

Not a Good Car

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "It works great for the first five years"

Cons: "Repairs are high dollar and expensive"

"Mine is at the shop probably in need of a new ECM. This is the main computer that controls the sensors to all control components like the air and gas that goes to the engine. This is the first vehicle ever to brake down so quickly."

Best Car

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "reliable, fun"

Cons: "Needs better gas milage"

"I have owned this car for 6 years now. It has been the best. I have been looking for a more gas efective or electric car but I will never part with this one."

2d Nissan

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Great SUV for hauling grand kids in on longer trip"

Cons: "Uses premium fuels"

"We got this Nissan Pathfinder because we have five grand children we sometimes haul around. We need the extra row seating. The vehicle has been everything it promised. In fact, the only real problem we have with this Pathfinder is the requirement to use premium fuel. Otherwise, after some rather long trips, we've had fun. Would recommend this vehicle to someone who needs a good SUV at a great price."

like it but?

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

"i realy like my pathfinder. great for towing my boat. gass millage is terable tho i average 14mpg. other reason for wanting to trade in. 05 was bad year. they had recall on tranny instead of repairing they extended the warenty 5 years and this augist it is up. now if goes i pay 2000. it is radater that goes and flid mixes in wipes out tranny. i been told is hasn t gone by nnow it good one. i don t beleave they gave me same warinty with sending unit for gaas gage right after warenty expired it went cost $4oo nissan was good about it. and gave my $$ back. was only 100 miles over. but tranny?? time to get rid off"

transmission problems are unbelieveably expensive!

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "solid drive with good quality iwork inside/out."

Cons: "shame on nissan to pass this unit to u.s. consumer"

"my romance with Nissan products is over! i just received an estimate for a trans. job from IPAC NISSAN. the suv is a great drive and i just wish the on-line consumer ratings were not so poor. i just wish i had paid attention to them. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS YEAR SPAN OF PATHFINDER! there should have been a re-call! check the blue book value for this model and you will see that when i got a repair estimate from IPAC NISSAN in san antonio,tx. i flipped. $5,485.00 without tax! i could not believe the service manager could actually keep a staight face. this price included a re-built trans with a new harness. this unit has a history of blown radiators leading to trans. replacement because of the cooling fluid mixing into the trans. i am so done with nissan products and this dealership. i paid the bill for the analysis and left disgusted!"

Love the Pathfinder

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Awesome gas mileage on the highway"

Cons: "Transmission/Radiator issues"

"It has all these features I desired in an SUV. Only problem with Pathfinders of these 2000 models is that they have radiator issues that alter the heat and a/c by causing leakage into the transmission fluid. I think I have it right. Fortunately, Nissan has warranted this issue with an additional 80,000 miles, something like that. This is my second Pathfinder and this issue was in my 2005 model as well. I feel like the transmission is still affected by it even though it was fixed. It makes a roaring noise sporadically with a struggle picking up momentum at times, but it's still driving. I do love it and plan on keeping for as long as I can."