2009 Nissan Pathfinder

8.1

Based on 447 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Best Car

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "reliable, fun"

Cons: "Needs better gas milage"

"I have owned this car for 6 years now. It has been the best. I have been looking for a more gas efective or electric car but I will never part with this one."

2d Nissan

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Great SUV for hauling grand kids in on longer trip"

Cons: "Uses premium fuels"

"We got this Nissan Pathfinder because we have five grand children we sometimes haul around. We need the extra row seating. The vehicle has been everything it promised. In fact, the only real problem we have with this Pathfinder is the requirement to use premium fuel. Otherwise, after some rather long trips, we've had fun. Would recommend this vehicle to someone who needs a good SUV at a great price."

like it but?

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

"i realy like my pathfinder. great for towing my boat. gass millage is terable tho i average 14mpg. other reason for wanting to trade in. 05 was bad year. they had recall on tranny instead of repairing they extended the warenty 5 years and this augist it is up. now if goes i pay 2000. it is radater that goes and flid mixes in wipes out tranny. i been told is hasn t gone by nnow it good one. i don t beleave they gave me same warinty with sending unit for gaas gage right after warenty expired it went cost $4oo nissan was good about it. and gave my $$ back. was only 100 miles over. but tranny?? time to get rid off"

transmission problems are unbelieveably expensive!

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "solid drive with good quality iwork inside/out."

Cons: "shame on nissan to pass this unit to u.s. consumer"

"my romance with Nissan products is over! i just received an estimate for a trans. job from IPAC NISSAN. the suv is a great drive and i just wish the on-line consumer ratings were not so poor. i just wish i had paid attention to them. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS YEAR SPAN OF PATHFINDER! there should have been a re-call! check the blue book value for this model and you will see that when i got a repair estimate from IPAC NISSAN in san antonio,tx. i flipped. $5,485.00 without tax! i could not believe the service manager could actually keep a staight face. this price included a re-built trans with a new harness. this unit has a history of blown radiators leading to trans. replacement because of the cooling fluid mixing into the trans. i am so done with nissan products and this dealership. i paid the bill for the analysis and left disgusted!"

Love the Pathfinder

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Awesome gas mileage on the highway"

Cons: "Transmission/Radiator issues"

"It has all these features I desired in an SUV. Only problem with Pathfinders of these 2000 models is that they have radiator issues that alter the heat and a/c by causing leakage into the transmission fluid. I think I have it right. Fortunately, Nissan has warranted this issue with an additional 80,000 miles, something like that. This is my second Pathfinder and this issue was in my 2005 model as well. I feel like the transmission is still affected by it even though it was fixed. It makes a roaring noise sporadically with a struggle picking up momentum at times, but it's still driving. I do love it and plan on keeping for as long as I can."

Good, solid, & reliable

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, low amount of repairs, easy to drive"

Cons: "Gas guzzler, 4wd subpar, premature rust"

"Overall, it's been a great vehicle for me. I've owned it for five years and other than then normal maintainence, it's been a very lost cost to have. Currently, I have 106,000 miles and going strong. I'll give you the cons. Poor gas mileage, rough ride, four wheel drive is poor in the snow, some rust starting on the tailgate very early. The pros: very reliable, low repairs, easy to drive."

I am in a e it

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

"I leased this car because of the third row seating. I wanted to grow my family and be able to use the third row seating. Well the third row seating in this vechile does not come with child restraints. So it was very disappointing to find out after I was already in the lease. Also the trade in value is not good. The gas milage is the worse for a suv this size. The only good part was that the people at the nissan dealership were really nice."

Excellent SUV

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Reliability , great power , solid off road, fun 2"

Cons: "ride is a little stiff."

"I have had this rig since new, It has had no flaws or failures in 70,000 miles , Rock Solid unit. Very good vision out of it and nice interior. It get it's rated gas MPG 20-16. Only con about it is the ride is on the stiffer side , not bad but not like a crossover . Very powerful motor- V6. It is a hoot to drive."

Junk

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

"I love the way this vehicle looks and drives, but it has had sooo many problems. As much as it costed,it is ridiculous. As another person said, they have radiator/transmission issues. It doesn't happen until about 80,000 miles. Then it slaps you in the face. I have already rebuilt and replaced the transmission once, and it is having problems again. It is a money pit. At the moment, it will not pass inspection due to engine light, but no one, not even Nissan, can pin point exactly why. I have been told by several mechanics that Nissans are the worst for this. I will never buy another Nissan."

Lemon of a vehicle

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, drives well"

Cons: "Extremely unreliable"

"I bought this car new in 2005. I loved it - it was comfortable, great off road and in the snow, and can easily haul 7 people and lots of cargo. I had zero complaints. And then it fell apart at 92,000 miles. The Nissan radiator is defective and leaks into the transmission completely destroying it. Total cost to fix between diagnosis and rental car (2 weeks to rebuild) was $7100. 6 weeks later, on Christmas Eve, we heard a boom, all the dashboard lights came on, and we lost power steering on the highway. Cost of the repair is $800 because the fan bracket broke. I am done with this vehicle. Nissan won't stand behind their product and recall it for the radiator defect, but they did lose a lawsuit on 10/9/12 and are required to re-imburse owners for at least some of the repairs. They claim the problem is only in a few select vehicles, but that is because 2005 is the first year containing the defective radiator and these cars are just coming up on the mileage where the problem occurs. I will never, ever buy a Nissan after this experience. It's too bad because it's a nice vehicle but a money pit."

I hate my 2007 Pathfinder

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "easy on the eyes, comfortable driver seat"

Cons: "everything under the hood and exterior made cheap"

"At 5,000 miles I thought the Pathfinder was everything I ever wanted in a car. At 30,000 miles I started to regret purchasing the car and at 79,000 miles I am in the process of getting rid of the car before I have to invest anymore time or money into it. This car has had problem after problem for many years. The stereo drained the battery, and the battery drained the alternator, the heat has never worked properly (radiator problems - that seem unfixable), it currently makes many noises and drives worst than any car I've ever owned. Of course the stereo system had to be replaced by me when it was only 2yrs old. The back tailgate door doesn't stay open and falls down hitting our heads. The paint is self-chipping on the hood and the slighest object/impact can dent any inch of the exterior. Mention - it's had a few recalls as well, one related to the gas gauge, didn't realize of course until I ran out of gas on a busy highway. It's basically junk and I am so excited to get rid of it....what a headache!"

So Versatile!

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

Pros: "Versatile, rugged, perfect size"

Cons: "See review"

"I have had my pathfinder for two years and I love it. When it eventually dies I will probably buy another one. I have two kids and we do a lot of driving vacations so the third row seat is just perfect for us. I have the seats for friends when needed and the extra cargo space when I don't. I didn't get mine fully loaded but I love the back up camera and the zoned air conditioning, since my husband is always hot and I am always cold and the kids are always complaining, it helps to have all three zones. Since moving to the Pacific North West, the 4WD has come in handy quite a few times. My only faults with this car are: 1. The style of the rear door handles being so high was a pain before my youngest child was 6 and could reach them. 2. It is tricky to get it out of 4WD when finished, you have to do it then reverse or while reversing or something like that. I forget every time. 3. The planned maintenance is a bit more expensive due to the 4WD components. 4. The mid-row cup holder fold down from the consol and my kids broke it almost immediately. I ordered a new one and popped it right in, but I would have put the cupholders in the fold down armrest like they are in the Titan. I have friends with smaller SUVs and friends with giant, fully loaded SUVs and we end up using mine most of the time. We can all fit and we can park it anywhere (my friend with a Suburban has to plan ahead for parking anytime we go anywhere new because she can't parallel park or fit into a lot of garages easily). I love my pathfinder."

0k

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

"Nice vehicle, like that window on tailgate opens,vehicle is just not big enough. don't like if you accidentally hold lock on fob, windows roll down, might be a safety feature but don't like to get to locked car and the windows are down. The radio control is in an awkward place."

Was sad to let it go!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Reason: Bad gas mileage

Pros: "LOTS of interior room, smooth ride, reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage, RWD"

"Owned our Pathfinder for 3 years; just traded it in a few days ago. We've always loved this vehicle and it was a tough decision to let it go but it was time. For a family with kids & large dogs, it served us very well. It was a good reliable car (until a few months ago) & the flexibility of the 3rd row plus large cargo area saved us on many occasions. It was a smooth ride & very comfortable on road trips. HATED the 14 mpg & you'd better just call in sick if there's even a lick of ice on the roads (ours was RWD). We'd replaced 2 O2 sensors @ $400/ea & the clutch was going out. Overall, I loved my Pathfinder."

WERST SUV ON THE MERKET

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Reason: EVERYTHING

Pros: "COMFY"

Cons: "EVERYTHIG ELS"

"HATE IT PROBLUM AFTER PROBLUM AFTER PROBLUM"

Love my Pathfinder!

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great price used"

Cons: "I cant think of any"

"I've had my Pathfinder for a few years now and I absolutely love it! Probably my favorite car I've ever had! Reliable, love the 3rd row seating, have never had issues getting stuck in snow. My car is 6 years old and I haven't had to do any major work on it, just replace the tires and the brakes, normal maintenance. I love to drive it, it is not too bulky, handles great, has the perfect amount of power. I bought it used so it wasn't overly expensive."

15MPG ON PREMIUN GAS

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "ACELERATION."

Cons: "MPG,COMFORT,MECHANICAL PROBLEMS."

"TO MANY PROBLEMS,THIS CAR ISN'T REALLY JAPANESE.MEXICO,CANADA,USA,PHILLIPI AND OF COURSE CHINA."

my best car ever!!!!!! love it!!!

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"This car was the best choice for a family like mine. We are 5 people that fit just nice in it and Grandma and Grandpa as well"

Great for the family. Which i had it since new

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "It's strong"

Cons: "Gas AVG 16-23"

"I bough it used, also a used 2005 base model"

Great Value for you Money

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Relible, good on gas, comfortabe ride."

Cons: "Needs MP3 input, rear AC controls on all models"

"Great reliable vehicle. Has taken the family on multiple trips without a single problem. Handles great and pretty comfortable. I would definitley recommend this year's model to anyone looking for a great and reliable SUV that doesn't drain your wallet on gas usage. The only thing that I regret is not purchasing the model with the rear AC controls and vents. Living in Florida, it gets really hot and the opptional third row seating, stays warm for a long time."

Would have been nice if Nissan built it right....

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable,drives nicely(or used to),Gas is ok"

Cons: "Horrible engine/transmission/radiator issues"

"Would be a good car if it had been built correctly /: Warning: Nissan did not include dip stick on transmission. Ever so conveniently there is a class action lawsuit currently against Nissan regarding the radiator pumping fluids into the transmission(Can't check for issues prior to break down unless you ARE a mechanic and can do the dirty work yourself). Pros: Its comfortable, drives nicely (or used to), visually appealing, Not too terrible on gas( for an SUV). Consider yourselves warned of their engineering faults."

Needs more room!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"It says it seats 7, but that must be 5 - 10 yearolds and 2 adults. 7 adults are NOT COMFORTABLE in this vehicle. It needs more room. Two car seats in the back means no room in the front and the very back seats are ridiculously small. Very dependable and drives great, gets about 20 MPG, so not bad."

It is a great mid-size SUV! Reliable,economical

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"Great SUV with comfortable ride and reliable engine. Only problem is an annoying squeak when going over a bump that no one can pinpoint. Seems to be in the front wheel well area. We tow a 20ft bowrider boat with no problems whatsoever. All we've done is replace the brakes in nearly 7 years!"

Beware '05-'08 Radiator defect!!

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Great used value, super quiet interior, great DVD!"

Cons: "Feels cramped if over 6'4" third row is kids only."

"The radiators in these have a major defect that destroys the transmission, torque converter and computer that controls both. If not caught before the 80,000 mile warranty will be extremely expensive to repair!!!! We own a 2007 and haven't had the issue yet and hopefully won't. It's been recommended on numerous sites to have the cooler lines that go between the radiator and transmission by-passed to a separate transmission oil cooler that can be installed fairly cheaply by any transmission shop. Anyone who has a Pathfinder and has already Passed 80,000 miles and hasn't had a transmission failure should do it immediately!!! Search on line for further information regarding this issue and a pending litigation between Pathfinder owners and Nissan. NY Times even did an article on this issue if that tells you something! I would only recommend this car if the potential owner knew of this issue and how to get around it."

Reliable, consistent, predictable

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Power, manuverability, towing, controls"

Cons: "Suspension is soft, steering feedback can be rough"

"I own the 2008 Pathfinder LE with 5.6L V8 and fully loaded. The driver controls are convenient and common sense. Head and leg room are adequate for an average person. Kids have no problem in rear seats, never use the thir-row, always use back for storage. Excellent tow performance on my 2300 lb boat, go fishing almost every weekend and long trips towing across Texas in the summer are no problem. Smooth on the road, no problem with freeway traffic. Overall an acceptable SUV that fits my purpose."