2009 Nissan Pathfinder

8.2

Based on 441 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Lasted while it could.

By on Sunday, June 15, 2014

"Personal experience: 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE Sport Utility 4D offered a lovely beginning with my family and I. From sports games to family gatherings and travel around our island. However, recently, I have had to overcome pricey obstacles with my Pathfinder. A new set of tires, engine problems, steering problems, and now, my vehicle died out and stalled. I am seriously considering a new vehicle."

Terrible Transmissions in these vehicles!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

"I had no problems with the truck until it passed 107,000 miles and then with no warning the transmission went out while I was driving on the freeway, I barely managed to get to the side of the road safely. Then I find out that its not if the trans is going to give out but when is it going to give out. Nissan knows about the problems with the transmissions in the Pathfinder but wont stand behind their product. It cost me $5200 to get car repaired and Nissan wouldn't pay a dime towards the repair. I have owned 3 other Nissans in the past but I will NEVER buy another of their vehicles."

Don't buy one!!

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Transmission messed up on the pathfinder and we didn't even have it a year!! What makes it worse is I have read it happens to most pathfinders around that year model. It happens as a result of the way the car was built. The company doesn't stand behind their product either! Don't buy this car!!"

Your Transmission WILL fail

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "engine, power, 7 seats, and towing capacity."

Cons: "TRANSMISSION and Nissan's lack of customer support"

"BYPASS YOUR IN-RADIATOR COOLER FOR YOUR TRANSMISSION NOW!! This is a good truck and a good value if the transmission is not slipping. If you ever feel like it is running over gravel in 3rd or 4th gear around 40-50mph, your transmission is about to fail catastrophically. Look online to find "how to bypass radiator transmission cooler" and do it. It is an easy 30 minute fix with simple hand tools. If your transmission is god and this fix is completed BEFORE any damage has been done, this is a good truck with a strong engine and tons of room for the money."

Excellent Afordable SUV

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Price, Fun to drive, comfortable, secure, space"

Cons: "nothing!"

"This SUV is a very good option for families. A lot of space. Fun to drive. A lot a security options. The outside of the car is very cool and the inside even more!!! I like this series more than the new model (2013 and up). This is my 3rd pathfinder and and think it's time for change, since I don't like the 2014, I'll get the Honda Pilot 2014 at the end of this year."

Very dependable car

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"The only problem I ever had was the light that tells you that a tire is going down came on and is still on after 6 years. Not worth the time to take it in to get it fixed. The good thing about Nissans is that hardly anything ever goes wrong with them. The bad thing is that if something serious does go wrong under warranty you will have to fight to get Nissan to take care of it."

Was a good vehicle but is now the worst!

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "3rd row seat"

Cons: "Radiator defect will destroy the transmission"

"I purchased the vehicle in 2009 and thought it was a great value. 3rd row seat, tow package, nice interior and exterior. I was really happy with this vehicle until the sudden failure of the Transmission. I was unaware of the known issue where a transmission coolant line in the radiator fails and allows coolant into the transmission completely destroying the transmission. Nissan is not standing behind their product even though it is a well documented issue with many complaints, repairs are upward of $4000. I will never own another Nissan again!"

Great Nissan

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

"Never any problems, second Nissan for me. Dealership is always great when getting maintenance service."

This is my 2nd Pathfinder and I love it even more!

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned!"

Cons: "NONE"

"I love this Pathfinder even more than the 1996 Pathfinder I owned until it was totaled. I probably won't buy another one because I don't like the change to the body they made with the 2013 and forward. The original body style is classic. The rear doors with the handle up on the side was a signature look! Why did they change it?"

Overall the vehicle is great, reliable and worthit

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "very reliable and in good condition"

Cons: "I dont use it as much, just need minor work"

"Overall, the vehicle is in good condition, minor scratches which are not seen unless you get close to the vehicle. I would like to keep it but is time to let it go, if I wanted would keep the car; only things to replace is a sensor in gas tank and later the tires. You need to come and see it for yourself and we could work something out about the price."

Very Good Auto decreasing in newer models to good

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Right Size auto for our needs, pulled boat"

Cons: "decrease reliability trend/increasing op. costs"

"This was my third pathfinder, 92, 97, 2006. My very best was the first one. They (Pathfinders) started a down hill slide by going away from a "truck" style frame to a "car" uni-body. I wanted the truck ride. I pulled a boat much to heavy for the 1992's 3.0L engine. It never faltered. Never need any additional repair other than battery, oil changes etc. 120,000 wonderful miles of ownership/service. My 1997 needed all the body mounts replaced. It got so bad if you crossed a 2" snow ridge on the highway, you'd be thrown into the ditch before regaining control. My 2006 is on it's third belt and auto tensioner replacement. Then $1300 front end component repair, again it had became unable to drive on the highway. Complete front Rotor replacement at 60k miles, on it's second Heater fan, rear window strut replacement etc. etc. My disappointment of the decreasing quality is only exceeded by the $14,000 in emergency (stranded 5x's) on my Domestic 2005 Ford F250SD pickup. Pathfinder now look like a station wagon? Car's cost 2-3 x's as much...,but their reliability tanked? I bought a RAV4, not the same quality/size/or options. But it is only $10,000 more than the 1992 Pathfinder. Not the $46,000 if I were to stay with Pathfinders."

Good

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"My own car still good driver"

i love itttt

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

"now my whole family fits in one car lol!!! love it"

very good in bad weather conditions

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "Power, reliability, ride"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Good power and ride comfort. Very reliable, zero mechanical issues. Average gas mileage."

Road Warrior

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "great drive"

Cons: "I wasnt crazy about the color"

"We have taken many out of town trips with the whole family. The kids and back seat passengers love to watch DVDs on long trips. I love the headphones so people watching the movie are not interrupted when I'm listening to the radio. The third row is a great size for the kids and the leather cleans up very well. I did put the four wheel drive into play a few times, in mud and in sand, and it was incredible! I have also used the roof racks and rear tie-downs. This truck is great on the highway as well as off road. Well done Nissan, well done!"

The BEST SUV ever!

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, good price, nice looking"

Cons: "None - I like it alot."

"I love my 2010 Nissan Pathfinder SE. No problems, runs great and will be trading it in this month for the new 2014 Pathfinder. I had a 2008 before this one and had no problems with that one either. The 2010 gets even better gas mileage than my last one, about 21mpg. I get regular oil changes and take good care of it. I am looking forward to getting another Nissan Pathfinder."

Terrible vehicl massive repairs entire time of own

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "good Idea seat 7 good looking vehicle interior is"

Cons: "anything mechanicle will break"

"Ongoing brake problems, massive Radiator transmission problems see class action law suit. U joints, steering,front end and all 4 wheel berings, Had to replace the transfer case berings(the transfer case had to be dropped and dismantled for this to happen) all occured under 100K I will never purchase another Nissan product as long as I live. The repair bills have been overwhelming"

Warranty not honored transmission and gas sensor

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "I paid $16,500 for the vechicle in 2010"

Cons: "Leather seats, sun roof, "17" wheels"

"I purchase my truck in 2010 because I loved the interior and exterior style and features. However, once I got a 100,000 miles on it I began have trobule with my gas gage and transmission. Nevertheless, I fell victum like many others with this same year truck. The warranty is not extended after 100K miles. There has even been lawsuit settlement on these very same issues. The gas sensor repair is $425 just to began with and the transmission / radiator repair $6,000 to $9,000. This one is "high maintance" can't afford her. For now on I'm sticking with the "common..." Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or GM."

Not a Good Car

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "It works great for the first five years"

Cons: "Repairs are high dollar and expensive"

"Mine is at the shop probably in need of a new ECM. This is the main computer that controls the sensors to all control components like the air and gas that goes to the engine. This is the first vehicle ever to brake down so quickly."

Best Car

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "reliable, fun"

Cons: "Needs better gas milage"

"I have owned this car for 6 years now. It has been the best. I have been looking for a more gas efective or electric car but I will never part with this one."

2d Nissan

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Great SUV for hauling grand kids in on longer trip"

Cons: "Uses premium fuels"

"We got this Nissan Pathfinder because we have five grand children we sometimes haul around. We need the extra row seating. The vehicle has been everything it promised. In fact, the only real problem we have with this Pathfinder is the requirement to use premium fuel. Otherwise, after some rather long trips, we've had fun. Would recommend this vehicle to someone who needs a good SUV at a great price."

like it but?

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

"i realy like my pathfinder. great for towing my boat. gass millage is terable tho i average 14mpg. other reason for wanting to trade in. 05 was bad year. they had recall on tranny instead of repairing they extended the warenty 5 years and this augist it is up. now if goes i pay 2000. it is radater that goes and flid mixes in wipes out tranny. i been told is hasn t gone by nnow it good one. i don t beleave they gave me same warinty with sending unit for gaas gage right after warenty expired it went cost $4oo nissan was good about it. and gave my $$ back. was only 100 miles over. but tranny?? time to get rid off"

transmission problems are unbelieveably expensive!

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "solid drive with good quality iwork inside/out."

Cons: "shame on nissan to pass this unit to u.s. consumer"

"my romance with Nissan products is over! i just received an estimate for a trans. job from IPAC NISSAN. the suv is a great drive and i just wish the on-line consumer ratings were not so poor. i just wish i had paid attention to them. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS YEAR SPAN OF PATHFINDER! there should have been a re-call! check the blue book value for this model and you will see that when i got a repair estimate from IPAC NISSAN in san antonio,tx. i flipped. $5,485.00 without tax! i could not believe the service manager could actually keep a staight face. this price included a re-built trans with a new harness. this unit has a history of blown radiators leading to trans. replacement because of the cooling fluid mixing into the trans. i am so done with nissan products and this dealership. i paid the bill for the analysis and left disgusted!"

Love the Pathfinder

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Awesome gas mileage on the highway"

Cons: "Transmission/Radiator issues"

"It has all these features I desired in an SUV. Only problem with Pathfinders of these 2000 models is that they have radiator issues that alter the heat and a/c by causing leakage into the transmission fluid. I think I have it right. Fortunately, Nissan has warranted this issue with an additional 80,000 miles, something like that. This is my second Pathfinder and this issue was in my 2005 model as well. I feel like the transmission is still affected by it even though it was fixed. It makes a roaring noise sporadically with a struggle picking up momentum at times, but it's still driving. I do love it and plan on keeping for as long as I can."

Good, solid, & reliable

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, low amount of repairs, easy to drive"

Cons: "Gas guzzler, 4wd subpar, premature rust"

"Overall, it's been a great vehicle for me. I've owned it for five years and other than then normal maintainence, it's been a very lost cost to have. Currently, I have 106,000 miles and going strong. I'll give you the cons. Poor gas mileage, rough ride, four wheel drive is poor in the snow, some rust starting on the tailgate very early. The pros: very reliable, low repairs, easy to drive."