2008 Nissan Pathfinder

8.2

Based on 435 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Love this SUV

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I have the 2005 LE Loaded. The nav system, sat radio and DVD in the back seat!! Best vehicle I have ever owned. Negitives: I am not a fan of climate control system, I find that I spend too much time adjusting the AC. I also wish the doors would auto lock when you engage the car in drive. My son loves the DVD system and I have really enjoyed the navi. Didn't think I would use it as much as I am. Sat radio is the bomb. Love that it is intergrated in the nav screen so you don't need that extra piece of equipment bolted to your dash or suctioned cupped to your windshield. (how ugly is that?) I have not spent one dime on this car other than gas and oil changes. Very reliable."

Pretty Good

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"I have now owned my 2006 LE for a year now. It's fully loaded with every option as I promised myself I would get with the purchase of my next car. The price tag was a bit shocking! The controls are pretty nice except the air controls seem cheap and could possibly break in my hand at any time. All of the controls are placed in a comfortable postion for quick adjustment. The inside is a little too small for me as I'm 6'4". My girlfirend thinks the car is the most perfect automible ever made and can't drive it enough. When traveling with guest and a load in back, the suspension tends to bounce too hard and doesn't adjust smooth enough for me. I average 16.5 mpg City and around 20mpg Hwy. It has been amazingly reliable and handles awesome in the snow (even with the anti skid noise) just too small of an interior for me..... Great car for a family, invest in the DVD package!"

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"I got the 2005 of the new body shape. It is awful..10 months after ownign it the drive shaft went in it. Then 3 months after that the radio/cd player had to be replaced 2 x's. Finally my drivers side window motor had to be replaced 2 x's due to the window making cracking sounds when it closed. It is awful on gas. Not a very good vehicle overall. Very small inside. My husband is 6'2" and has a terrible time sitting in the driver seat comfortably. Wouldn't reccomend to anyone and can;t wait to unload it."

Great SUV and a great value

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"I have had my 2007 Pathfinder for only about a month now, but I love it. I did a ton of research before buying and have no regrets. The engine is excellent and I am averaging about 20 MPG with mostly city driving. The quality of the interior could is good but could be better. Other than that, no complaints. You get so much standard that you would have to pay for with any other brand."

What A Lemon!

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"About 6 months after I bought my 2006 Pathfinder it began to squeak and creak every time I hit a bump. Now a full year later it continually squeaks when I hit a bump, when I close my driver door and pretty much just driving down the road. I've taken it into the dealer and they keep telling me that they "can't duplicate" the problem, which is a bit hard to believe to believe as anybody who can hear would be able to hear the squeak. You can even hear it outside the car when I'm driving down the street. I've done Internet research and have discovered that this is apparently a fairly common problem with Pathfinders and I'm not the only person with this issue. On some models it's apparently related to the fuel pump; in many of the reviews I've read the owners have been told by Nissan that the problem can't be fixed. I also get rattles from back beneath the dashboard. About half a dozen small metal clamps have also fallen out from underneath the dash. I assume they were holding wiring harnesses together that are now tapping against the inside of the hard molded plastic dash. On a related note, I think the car has an electrical short somewhere. My car alarm periodically goes off by itself while sitting unattended in my garage. Sometimes it goes off for several minutes and quits while other times it goes off for only 4-5 seconds before stopping. My driver seat also sometimes readjusts its position totally unprompted. The VDC/SLP light also tends to come on and stay on. It's only supposed to come on when it's wet or the driving conditions are slippery, etc. But mine comes on when it's dry and sunny out and won't go off. Again, my dealer says that it can't duplicated the problem. All in all, this car is comfortable and I like the powerful engine, but it's just not worth the hassle considering that I paid $30,000 for this lemon. This is the second Nissan I've owned (previously owned an Xterra) and I'll never buy another one. There's too much cheap, hard plastic and Nissan's quality of construction leaves a lot to be desired. Sae your money and go buy a better quality ride. I intend to trade this car on another SUV from another manufacturer ASAP. I was going to wait until I bought my new house, but the squeaks and rattles are just too much to handle."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25