2008 Nissan Pathfinder

8.2

Based on 442 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Best Car

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "reliable, fun"

Cons: "Needs better gas milage"

"I have owned this car for 6 years now. It has been the best. I have been looking for a more gas efective or electric car but I will never part with this one."

2d Nissan

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Great SUV for hauling grand kids in on longer trip"

Cons: "Uses premium fuels"

"We got this Nissan Pathfinder because we have five grand children we sometimes haul around. We need the extra row seating. The vehicle has been everything it promised. In fact, the only real problem we have with this Pathfinder is the requirement to use premium fuel. Otherwise, after some rather long trips, we've had fun. Would recommend this vehicle to someone who needs a good SUV at a great price."

like it but?

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

"i realy like my pathfinder. great for towing my boat. gass millage is terable tho i average 14mpg. other reason for wanting to trade in. 05 was bad year. they had recall on tranny instead of repairing they extended the warenty 5 years and this augist it is up. now if goes i pay 2000. it is radater that goes and flid mixes in wipes out tranny. i been told is hasn t gone by nnow it good one. i don t beleave they gave me same warinty with sending unit for gaas gage right after warenty expired it went cost $4oo nissan was good about it. and gave my $$ back. was only 100 miles over. but tranny?? time to get rid off"

transmission problems are unbelieveably expensive!

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "solid drive with good quality iwork inside/out."

Cons: "shame on nissan to pass this unit to u.s. consumer"

"my romance with Nissan products is over! i just received an estimate for a trans. job from IPAC NISSAN. the suv is a great drive and i just wish the on-line consumer ratings were not so poor. i just wish i had paid attention to them. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS YEAR SPAN OF PATHFINDER! there should have been a re-call! check the blue book value for this model and you will see that when i got a repair estimate from IPAC NISSAN in san antonio,tx. i flipped. $5,485.00 without tax! i could not believe the service manager could actually keep a staight face. this price included a re-built trans with a new harness. this unit has a history of blown radiators leading to trans. replacement because of the cooling fluid mixing into the trans. i am so done with nissan products and this dealership. i paid the bill for the analysis and left disgusted!"

Love the Pathfinder

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Awesome gas mileage on the highway"

Cons: "Transmission/Radiator issues"

"It has all these features I desired in an SUV. Only problem with Pathfinders of these 2000 models is that they have radiator issues that alter the heat and a/c by causing leakage into the transmission fluid. I think I have it right. Fortunately, Nissan has warranted this issue with an additional 80,000 miles, something like that. This is my second Pathfinder and this issue was in my 2005 model as well. I feel like the transmission is still affected by it even though it was fixed. It makes a roaring noise sporadically with a struggle picking up momentum at times, but it's still driving. I do love it and plan on keeping for as long as I can."

Good, solid, & reliable

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, low amount of repairs, easy to drive"

Cons: "Gas guzzler, 4wd subpar, premature rust"

"Overall, it's been a great vehicle for me. I've owned it for five years and other than then normal maintainence, it's been a very lost cost to have. Currently, I have 106,000 miles and going strong. I'll give you the cons. Poor gas mileage, rough ride, four wheel drive is poor in the snow, some rust starting on the tailgate very early. The pros: very reliable, low repairs, easy to drive."

I am in a e it

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

"I leased this car because of the third row seating. I wanted to grow my family and be able to use the third row seating. Well the third row seating in this vechile does not come with child restraints. So it was very disappointing to find out after I was already in the lease. Also the trade in value is not good. The gas milage is the worse for a suv this size. The only good part was that the people at the nissan dealership were really nice."

Excellent SUV

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Reliability , great power , solid off road, fun 2"

Cons: "ride is a little stiff."

"I have had this rig since new, It has had no flaws or failures in 70,000 miles , Rock Solid unit. Very good vision out of it and nice interior. It get it's rated gas MPG 20-16. Only con about it is the ride is on the stiffer side , not bad but not like a crossover . Very powerful motor- V6. It is a hoot to drive."

Junk

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

"I love the way this vehicle looks and drives, but it has had sooo many problems. As much as it costed,it is ridiculous. As another person said, they have radiator/transmission issues. It doesn't happen until about 80,000 miles. Then it slaps you in the face. I have already rebuilt and replaced the transmission once, and it is having problems again. It is a money pit. At the moment, it will not pass inspection due to engine light, but no one, not even Nissan, can pin point exactly why. I have been told by several mechanics that Nissans are the worst for this. I will never buy another Nissan."

Lemon of a vehicle

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, drives well"

Cons: "Extremely unreliable"

"I bought this car new in 2005. I loved it - it was comfortable, great off road and in the snow, and can easily haul 7 people and lots of cargo. I had zero complaints. And then it fell apart at 92,000 miles. The Nissan radiator is defective and leaks into the transmission completely destroying it. Total cost to fix between diagnosis and rental car (2 weeks to rebuild) was $7100. 6 weeks later, on Christmas Eve, we heard a boom, all the dashboard lights came on, and we lost power steering on the highway. Cost of the repair is $800 because the fan bracket broke. I am done with this vehicle. Nissan won't stand behind their product and recall it for the radiator defect, but they did lose a lawsuit on 10/9/12 and are required to re-imburse owners for at least some of the repairs. They claim the problem is only in a few select vehicles, but that is because 2005 is the first year containing the defective radiator and these cars are just coming up on the mileage where the problem occurs. I will never, ever buy a Nissan after this experience. It's too bad because it's a nice vehicle but a money pit."

See if you qualify for