2006 Nissan Pathfinder

8.1

Based on 445 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Basic but reliable.

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Price, interior space, great 4x4 system"

Cons: "Too basic, nasty gas consumption"

"This is my second Pathfinder. My first was a 1993 SE model. I got a 2010 because the previous was a very reliable and comfortable car. The 2010 model is very basic. I drove a Land Rover in between Pathfinders for 4 years and have to admit that going back to a Pathfinder was a huge downgrade in terms of luxury and comfort but at the end of the day, reliability is what I was after and I think I got it. When the LR broke, the repairs would be in the K's and only a handful of people knew how to fix them. With Nissan the opposite is the norm."

Great vehicle!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cons: "back cup holders not sturdy"

"I love my pathfinder. I have had no problems whatsoever. The only items I had to purchase was tires and a battery. It was truly an investment. We have no plans to trade any time soon."

I have owned two Pathfinders. They are great!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable interior,drives great!"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"I put 150,000 miles on my first one with no problems and very little maintenance. I currently have over 100,000 on my second one and it is doing very well. They are GREAT suv's. Run and drive super smooth with very usable interior. I get about 21 hwy mpg and 18 city. Current one is a LE and I like the leather and memory/heated seats. I got a Pathfinder because of the large rear area as I used to haul stuff for work. The flat floor is great. I HIGHLY recommend these vehicles..."

Lovew my car!

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "great price, spacious"

Cons: "no ipod connection"

"its pretty, its reliable, hope i can keep it for a long long time."

Ultimate outdoorsman(or womans) SUV.

By on Friday, February 03, 2012

"I bought my fully loaded pathfinder with 22,000 miles and have NEVER had a problem with it. I must say though, ive maintened it very well, servicing the recommended 30k and 60k with the dealership. The horsepower in teh V6 is plenty, even for towing another vehicle through Colorado. The gadgets always work, great heated seats, could be a little more comfy though, the interior is functional just not as comfy as most American cars. Im 6 ft and theres plenty of room, theres just no good place to put your left arm when driving, but the right arm is satisfied by the huge arm rest. The legroom in the 2nd row is good for 2 6 footers for any ride, but i wouldnt put 3 in there, and the third row is for people 5'7 and under. Mine came with the DVD system which i could play through the AWESOME BOSE system, made for fun in college, my drunk friends would love sitting in the back watching "The Office." It didnt do horrible on gas for a 7 seater, around town in Chicago i got about 14.5 in 2wd, 13.5 in 4wd. Having that change on the fly transmission is essential,u can make your own parking spots in tough winters (im currently in Colorado). If you use cruise control at 70 mph you can get 22 mph, and if you use it at 60 you can get up to 24.5 which i was VERY pleased with. The greatest functions i will say are the ability to lay all of the seats flat, the cargo room is better than that of a short bed truck i think, because your gear is inside and protected, and there are so many little hooks for stablilizing bikes or anything else. There is also a hidden compartment under the second row of seats that is great for a pistol if thats your thing, always be prepared i say. The other greatest function is that Pathfinder stayed true to its roots, i never fear about going over a bump or off road, but with that in mind, it takes pot holes in the city pretty rough, it almost craves the off road handling. I will end here, i actually wrote this review as a homage, im trading in my pathfinder tomorrow for a mini because im moving back to chicago and will be commuting over 2.5 hours each day :( gas aint cheap. Im a 26 year old Soldier in the Army and I love my Pathfinder...P.S....get the fully loaded one, you wont regret it"

Great in the snow and for towing with people.

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "Back row folds flat. Good room for 5 plus 2 kids."

Cons: "No second row power supply"

"I have used all of the options this SUV has to offer and still no major repairs. Tires were expensive. Second row cup holder can't be replaced and broke the first year. Also, needs power supply to run kids stuff. Seats are hard to clean. Rear exterior door handles are too high for old or young people. Good towing power while cruising cross country fully loaded. Gas mileage is 15 with A/C or towing and 19 or better highway. This large vehicle is bulky in city maneuvering and visibility backing is less than a car."

My Pathfinder has alot of power

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "The Pathfinder is a great vehicle."

Cons: "Hard to get into if your older and short."

"My Pathfinder is the greatest SUV to have,when it snows or if the roads are packed with ice, this suv will never let you down. It's very comfortable and handles well. My only reason for selling my suv is because Iam disabled now and find it to be to hard to climb into. I have side panels to step onto but it's still to hard for me,so Iam going to look for a lower car. But I will miss My Pathfinder for sure."

Great SUV.

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of room for traveling."

"We got this Pathfinder on a lease. We loved it so much we decided to purchase the vehicle after the lease ended. We have not had to make any repairs. It has survived our family of four."

have been very happy with my truck

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

"i have always felt very safe in my truck, drives great."

very dependable

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

"Love the Nissan brand 4th one I have owned."

very safe reliable

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "safety reliabilty. size"

Cons: "gas recommended grade."

"will purchase another pathfinder very good experience with safety and reliabilty of nissan products no hassles with sales or service."

Third Pathfinder in 9 years....Enough said!

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Great reliable driving on any surface."

Cons: "A little too much plastic inside."

"This has been and continues to be an excellent performing car. I have replaced the battery and Nissan replaced a sensor other than that it is all original."

Loving this pathfinder

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Can handle any terrain, reliable!!!!"

Cons: "Interior appears cheaper than it should"

"Reliable. Whinning noise from belts--dealer reports this is because the belts are made from Kevlar. The tabs for the compartments in the car break easily. Mileage is good considering the weight and size average 19 mpg in town. Cold air, hot heat, nice to have rear heat and air for kids, good space, large cargo, seats fold easily."

Best SUV for the Money - hands down!

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Nice looking, comfortable, quiet, fun"

Cons: "second row leg room too small"

"I purchased my Nissan Pathfinder LE new and have had to perform only routine maintenance. This car always delivers no matter what the weather or driving conditions. I use it to pull my waverunner in the summer. The only drawback on this vehicle is the fact that the second row of seats do not provide a lot of leg room for tall passengers. Nissan should have moved this row of seats back just a couple of inches. I would recommend this SUV to anyone!"

Great true suv with 2 and 4 wheel drive plus

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Drives well very reliable and cheap to maintain"

Cons: "Lower quality interior, lots of plastic"

"Great suv considering another newer model."

Pathfinder

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Power, utility, reliability in adverse weather"

Cons: "Not much leg room for rear passengers"

"We bought this vehicle because we where moving and needed a vehicle to haul our stuff in. It then ended up being our primary vehicle. It has been extremely reliable through severe floods and Nor'easter's. The only con is the lack of leg room for the rear passengers. It's also very capable at handling unpaved roads and has plenty of power for towing. After having put over 50,000 miles on this SUV, for a total of over 90,000, it is still going strong. The next generation Pathfinder promises to be roomier but will shed its off road and towing capabilities in order to imitate the new Ford Explorer. It will then cease to be a SUV and will become more of a crossover."

NO SPACE

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"I hate the back seat. It is so small since we have a car seat and my husband can't even ride in there. I wish that I could get rid of it and we have only had it 3 months."

I love my pathfinder

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, Convience of Steering wheel controls"

Cons: "3rd row too small, not enough leg room for tall pp"

"My husband and I absolutely love our pathfinder. We have the LE V8 4x4 model. My only 2 complaints is that I can't fit 3 car seats in it because the 3rd row is too shallow and that mu husband isn't very comfortable driving on long trips. He is 6'4" and all legs. He said that he had more room in my old Frontier. Other than that, I wouldn't trade this car for anything. I know everyone complains about gas, but if you buy a large SUV, especially a V8 4x4, it's not realistic to expect great gas mileage. On long trips we get about 18 mpg which is great. We can get to Vegas from LA on one tank of gas. so, I don't complain about that. However, due to the fact that we are expecting a 3rd child, we have to trade it in for a vehicle that will be able to accept 3 car seats. (my kids will be 1,2, and 3 so we are still in the larger car seats). Looking into getting the Armada."

Pretty Good Car

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"I like this car over all, but the third row doesn't have a vent for the ac / heat so in the summer it is kinda hot back there. If all the seats are up, the back storage doent have much room. So if your traveling and plan to use all seats, the back doesn't have much room for your luggage."

Not Likely to buy again

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

"---PROS -attractive exterior design -Red Brawn is great color on this vehicle -3rd row seating standard -plenty of power/torque from 4.0 V6 -Bose sound available -power adjustable pedals available -decent space for midsize SUV -good tow capability standard ---CONS -V8 fuel economy from V6 engine -not enough driver seat adjustablity rearward for taller drivers -reliability is subject(I have experienced more service issues/recalls in 5 years of ownership than other brands I've owned much longer). -experienced quicker depreciation than some other import brands. ----As a 5 year Owner of a 2006 SE 4x4 with Bose sound, adjustable pedals, tilt/sliding sunroof, rear air, I would say the 2006 Pathfinder has served its purpose regarding size/space, power, and features for my family."

Great Car!

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "great family car! Lots of room!"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage, at least 4 recall items"

"This is my second Pathfinder. My first was a 1998. This one is a 2006 with all the features including DVD system. Love, love, love this car for a great family car! Plenty of room for my two kids - plenty of room for luggage for family trips. Had a few recall items, but were resolved without much effort. Only downside is gas mileage. Not great if you are commuter."

Great Truck overall.

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Cons: "Interior dash and doors don't clean well"

"Fun to drive. Stylish. Power and dependable. Only con, interior dash and door panels are hrd to clean, that is to say they don't armorall well."

Definitely the BEST vehicle that I have ever had!

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Super Fun to drive, a lot of torque/horsepower"

Cons: "Not as spacious inside as like say the Tahoe, gas"

My Truck

"I love this vehicle! If it had just a little bit more room inside and a little bit better gas mileage it would be the PERFECT. I still love it though ;) I love Nissan anyway. THey know to make a great vehicle! Very Dependable. Wonderful features."

My Truck

very comfortable vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

"I love this vehicle, i like the space on it. Is very smooth to drive"

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Low cost to drive/own."

Cons: "Cloth seat design causes wear on edge, upon entry."

"Purchased it new in 2006 and drive 20K miles per year and haven't had a minute's trouble. Oil changed every 5K miles and all maintenance intervals met. This was first Nissan owned, after strong recommendation by relative, who owned a Maxima. Local dealer is very good and this experience let us to purchase a second Nissan, this time a Maxima two years ago. No reservations about recommending this vehicle to others."