2005 Nissan Pathfinder

8.1

Based on 447 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Strong, Reliable Performer

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

"We bought our Pathfinder LE 4x4 in 2010 used with 22,000 miles on the odometer. Bottom-line is that the vehicle has been a solid, reliable performer. Not impressed on the cost to keep the vehicle on the road but I am meticulous and it does go to the dealership. All this in respect to the fact that we have Nissan’s Gold Preferred Protection Plan. It has paid for itself twice over. If we didn’t have the protection plan and adding the cost covered by the protection plan, I would have gotten rid of the vehicle a long time ago. I do like the style of Pathfinder. It rides and acts like a truck. And so along those lines, not the most sure footed in snow and that is with Michelin LTX MS2s all the way around for the last 60K miles. Interior is adequate and holding up pretty good to a 3 yr old. Finding baby seats to fit the back seat had us wondering if we were going to have to sell the thing trying seats out in front of Babies-R-Us a couple of years ago expecting our child. Car seat number 3 worked after putting it in the middle of the back seat. To this end, outside looks of the Pathfinder can be deceiving. Interior is pretty tight and unforgivable as compared to the more spacious interiors of new (and even smaller) SUVs on the road today. Plastic throughout the vehicle is plenty, can crick and creak, and subject to getting marred up easily. Leather seats are holding up pretty good. Gas mileage for mixed city/highway is 16.7 mpg solid. Long trips…as high as 17.6 mpg."

The vehicle is awesome and it runs good

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I don't own this car

"I HAD THIS VECHILE BRAND NEW AND NO PROBLEMS TO MENTIIONED."

The best SUV I have ever owned,best of all RWD

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "RWD overdrive off button, so much more"

"This SUV has been the best one we have owned. We would have bought another, but they went to front wheel drive.The new one seems like a mini van."

i have had 7 since 1986 absolutly the best

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

"have never have a major problem and all were sold with over 250,000miles.Just the regular upkeep and was in timber business and a lot of hard miles."

This car was a lemon from the get go

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "getting rid of it"

Cons: "the car"

"Best feature about this car was the extended warranty I bought! Can't imagine how much it cost the insurer. Drive train failed, motherboard failed, U joints, catalytic converter, Fuel tank issues. emission valve and canister issues. I get a service emission related code, take it to the dealer and they want me to pay 700 to make a modification because of a faulty design...glad to get rid of this thing before I go bankrupt...not to mention the fear of driving it because of potential breakdown."

Paint excellent. Needs right front fender

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

"Paint excellent. Needs right front fender Transmission has been replaced Third row seating Rear air"

Lasted while it could.

By on Sunday, June 15, 2014

"Personal experience: 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE Sport Utility 4D offered a lovely beginning with my family and I. From sports games to family gatherings and travel around our island. However, recently, I have had to overcome pricey obstacles with my Pathfinder. A new set of tires, engine problems, steering problems, and now, my vehicle died out and stalled. I am seriously considering a new vehicle."

Terrible Transmissions in these vehicles!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

"I had no problems with the truck until it passed 107,000 miles and then with no warning the transmission went out while I was driving on the freeway, I barely managed to get to the side of the road safely. Then I find out that its not if the trans is going to give out but when is it going to give out. Nissan knows about the problems with the transmissions in the Pathfinder but wont stand behind their product. It cost me $5200 to get car repaired and Nissan wouldn't pay a dime towards the repair. I have owned 3 other Nissans in the past but I will NEVER buy another of their vehicles."

Don't buy one!!

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Transmission messed up on the pathfinder and we didn't even have it a year!! What makes it worse is I have read it happens to most pathfinders around that year model. It happens as a result of the way the car was built. The company doesn't stand behind their product either! Don't buy this car!!"

Your Transmission WILL fail

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "engine, power, 7 seats, and towing capacity."

Cons: "TRANSMISSION and Nissan's lack of customer support"

"BYPASS YOUR IN-RADIATOR COOLER FOR YOUR TRANSMISSION NOW!! This is a good truck and a good value if the transmission is not slipping. If you ever feel like it is running over gravel in 3rd or 4th gear around 40-50mph, your transmission is about to fail catastrophically. Look online to find "how to bypass radiator transmission cooler" and do it. It is an easy 30 minute fix with simple hand tools. If your transmission is god and this fix is completed BEFORE any damage has been done, this is a good truck with a strong engine and tons of room for the money."