2005 Nissan Pathfinder

8.2

Based on 465 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

Very dependable car

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"The only problem I ever had was the light that tells you that a tire is going down came on and is still on after 6 years. Not worth the time to take it in to get it fixed. The good thing about Nissans is that hardly anything ever goes wrong with them. The bad thing is that if something serious does go wrong under warranty you will have to fight to get Nissan to take care of it."

Love the Pathfinder

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Awesome gas mileage on the highway"

Cons: "Transmission/Radiator issues"

"It has all these features I desired in an SUV. Only problem with Pathfinders of these 2000 models is that they have radiator issues that alter the heat and a/c by causing leakage into the transmission fluid. I think I have it right. Fortunately, Nissan has warranted this issue with an additional 80,000 miles, something like that. This is my second Pathfinder and this issue was in my 2005 model as well. I feel like the transmission is still affected by it even though it was fixed. It makes a roaring noise sporadically with a struggle picking up momentum at times, but it's still driving. I do love it and plan on keeping for as long as I can."

Was sad to let it go!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Reason: Bad gas mileage

Pros: "LOTS of interior room, smooth ride, reliable"

Cons: "gas mileage, RWD"

"Owned our Pathfinder for 3 years; just traded it in a few days ago. We've always loved this vehicle and it was a tough decision to let it go but it was time. For a family with kids & large dogs, it served us very well. It was a good reliable car (until a few months ago) & the flexibility of the 3rd row plus large cargo area saved us on many occasions. It was a smooth ride & very comfortable on road trips. HATED the 14 mpg & you'd better just call in sick if there's even a lick of ice on the roads (ours was RWD). We'd replaced 2 O2 sensors @ $400/ea & the clutch was going out. Overall, I loved my Pathfinder."

Get rid of it!

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Reason: Constant repairs

Pros: "Lots of power"

Cons: "Mechanical nightmare"

"Owned the 2006 LE for 5 years. I bought it brand new. As soon as the factory warranty was up the following occured within 4-6 months of each other: 1.) Fuel tank sensor failed 2.) Timing chain tensioner replaced. 3.) Exhaust cross pipe(whatever that is) cracked. 4.) Radiator leaked into transmission-replaced transmission and radiator-fought with Nissan for months, finally they payed for transmission, I paid for radiator. 5.) All 4 U-joints failed. This is only the stuff I can recall, there is more. Best friend had the 2005 version, same exact problems, just traded mine in for 2012 Ford Escape Limited."

Best & Safest Vehicle(after 65mph accident!)

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"I had this vehicle for 9 great months. I bought it used with 12k miles and have never had any problems with it. I loved this vehicle. We have a family of 5, 2 of my children are in carseats. Which was a little small but not unbearable. Anyway just survived a crash going 65mph and only had some bruising on my knees and little sorness from seatbelt. My husband was driving & he only got burn/blister on his hand from holding stering wheel while airbag inflated. My 15month old daughter bit her tounge and small fingernail type scratch on her neck. My poor vehicle took all of the impact for us. It was totaled, but we are alive & very well.(in case your wondering a 19(driver),17 & 21 year old traveling on a 2 lane road with a stop sign, drove straight across an intersection of a major 4 lane divided hwy into our path. No time to brake! Crash and that was it. They were driving an older Nissan Maxima which also held up pretty good, & they had some minor injuries(and were charged with the accident). The paramedic told me that was the 2nd Pathfinder he has seen in a major accident that the people faired really good, & he said he wanted to buy one. I too will be looking for another!"