2004 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 586 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Car is not worth the time.

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Good drive tran"

Cons: "everything"

"I have had this car for about a year I am the second owner and I have had to put in so much work in this car everything that can go wrong has gone wrong. The mass air intake went out stalled on me continuously in the middle of traffic. All of the O2 sensors have gone out. The way the exhaust was built on the car was stupid, my heat shield on the exhaust has rusted and now it rattles every time I speed up. If the exhaust has any holes in it it will melt anything you have on the under side of the car. Granted the car has some good qualities to it but most of them are out weighed by the problems. Nissans are thought to be good cars like toyota but I will not be buying another one."

Best value

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "dependable, safe, solid"

Cons: "rust through after 8 years or so"

"We purchased a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder SE brand new 15 years ago. Still driving it in year 2013. Has 86,000 miles on it. Minimal repairs, great ride, people still ask if we got a new car it looks so good. (Probably because it's always been garaged.) Only downside is the rust-through which we had removed. Mileage has always been poor, but it is such solid, safe SUV we don't really care. It's now being used as our 2nd car and will keep it until a major repair is required."

174,574 miles and counting!

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Great value!"

Cons: "Center of weight too high."

"This car has only cosmetic and wear and tear damages from long term use, but when we talk about engine and transmission it will last forever. If you own one you know what I mean. This car acts like it doesn't understand aging, literally. As long as you keep changing all those fluids the life of a Pathfinder will keep extending until who knows when. I will volunteer my car to see how many miles you can get out of it. I have decided I'm keeping it forever. That's how satisfied I am about this vehicle. - Roberto Addarich"

A real life saver...

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "Excellent safety, comfy, driver friendly..."

Cons: "A little hard on fuel, but high on safety !!"

"My daughter flipped our pathfinder end over end in sept'2013 - she opened the door and walked away. After the tow truck flipped it onto the wheels we found that all 4 doors opened and closed, the winshield was still intact,and all the lights worked (except one signal that broke). a couple of beat up body panels, bent the hatch, and slightly tapered roof in the back corner. The police said that I would even be allowed to drive it home !(didn't though because there was too much oil in the air breather... I'm sold on Nissan now, I think it saved her life."

One of my favorite cars I have owned.

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "I love this car! Great driving, comfortable."

"I love this car. Very comfortable. Roomy. Good gas mileage. Fun to drive. The only reason I am selling it is because we have 2 cars and don't want to insure 3 cars."