2004 Nissan Pathfinder

Based on 601 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

Great car for 13 years.

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Reason: at this mileage things go wrong

"I loved my car until it got to about 130000 mi les. Then repairs started adding up. Up until then, it was absolutely reliable."

267,000 miles and still going strong

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "great acceleration, reliable, great in snow"

Cons: "prone to underbody rust"

"I have been driving for over 30 years and this is one of the most dependable vehicles I have ever owned. The acceleration is great and I have never been stranded in a snow storm! I was rear-ended (hard!) about 6 years ago, and sustained over $6000. in body damage...my insurance fixed the vehicle and I continued to drive it with no problems. I have owned this vehicle for 12 years and I am considering selling it now only because I want 3 seats and a built in navigation system."

I Love This Vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and durable"

Cons: "Poor Mileage"

"Best, most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It has 257,000 miles on it and hasn't needed any major repairs. Tranny still good. Spent some money on getting oil leaks repaired over the years, but consider that fairly typical for the use it's gotten. The Unified Meter Control (Cluster), $365, was replaced about 2 years ago because the dashboard gauges went out, and the only time it didn't start right up for me was when the Distributor Assembly failed, bad ignition coil, needed to be replaced at 247,000 miles. Gas mileage was poor at 13 miles per gallon. Very reliable, well made, and love the vehicle."

Stunning what this vehicle has endured

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

"I bought it with 50k on it in 2004, put another 280k on it since then. Except for brakes, rear stabilizer bars and irresponsibly long periods between oil changes - this veghicle has NEVER been in the shop for repair. I'm finally going to sell it just because I need something with better mileage (Altima now, I won't leave Nissan). I felt the LEAST I could do was to type a few words in praise of an amazing companion who NEVER let me down for even a second. Godspeed, you wonderful creature."

great all around

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "everything really"

Cons: "not a huge fan of the cup holders"

"super reliable, very low upkeep, and drives great in all conditions"

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, roomy; gas mileage not bad."

Cons: "Some signs of aging"

dealer pic

"My Pathfinder is dear to my heart. It is the most reliable, comfortable car I've ever owned. I've used 4-whl drive one time in the snow in Yosemite - handled beautifully. I've replaced the timing belt and done regular upkeep with my local mechanic. It has a new CD/tape/radio and a new set of speakers. The interior is good, but the plastic coating on the wood insets are beginning to deteriorate. Upholstery is good. Still looks great after a wash; small flaw in the paint on the hood where the weather is catching up. It's not new, but is still a very nice, dependable vehicle. I am a granny; don't need a vehicle this size any longer."

dealer pic

Amazing car, Reliable, great traveling car.

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Family Car, Sound System amazing, great price."

Cons: "slow window,mileage,few scratches."

"This car has been in my family for over 10 years and still runs like its brand new, its clean and spacious, the AC and Heater still work (takes time to warm up). The brakes are amazing they take some time to get used to because of how sensitive they are. Just had a check up (10/13/14) will need a new one (1/13/15). Fairly new tires put in the beginning of 2014.The left front window rolls up a little slower then the rest in the winter but still works. The only reason I am trying to sell it is because i go to school and my car isn't very gas efficient for a college student it is more of a family oriented car. Other then that i love my car and if i had a better paying job i would definitely keep it around. The exterior has a couple bumps and scratches but nothing terribly visible."

Great CAR!

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

"I have owned my Nissan Pathfinder for 14 years! Amazing. Engine is perfect! Alternator perfect! Only thing that has glitched is the Bose sound system. I love this car still riding strong and it has 197,000 miles on it!"

Most dependable car I've ever owned!

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "dependability, versatile, gas mileage, 4x4"

Cons: "sluggish on hills"

"I researched like heck before purchasing the pathfinder. Needed a midsize SUV capable of towing, good on gas with a low track history of breakdowns. It came down to the Pathfinder and the toyota 4runner. The pathfinder is outstanding in the snow, especially New England weather with mix of ice etc. Its slow getting up on the highway but you cant expect a hemi motor from a 3.3 V6. Parking is great with good visibility all around, no bad blind spots like with larger SUV's. Suspension rides like a car with the convenance of going off roading and not worrying about tearing something out underneath the body. Ive crossed the country with mine, stacked 24' ladders on the roof racks, gone 4-wheeling, and all the little errands in between. This car is a workhorse! ** For anyone that doesnt know, There was a recall on this vehicle for the front strut tower housing. The metal used to manufacture the body can not withstand road salt and corrodes, causing the strut to push up though the body and against the steering column (usually drivers side). I had mine fixed before the recall occurred. Nissan re-imbursed me in full. They also will fix the issue at any dealer if you buy one that hasnt been corrected. this recall affected 1998-1999 vehicles. Overall though, its a great, well made car. Im about to finally sell mine, but I will not hesitate to ever tell anyone what a great overall dependable vehicle this has been."

Worst of 4 Pathfinders I have owned!

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "Don't use much!"

Cons: "Not a good ride!"

"Has had numerous pickey things would not expect to deal with. Having a door rehung? And no accident so not cause. Multi CD player went out early and reviews said don't bother would break again! Too much sensor replacement! And not cheap! Each succeeding Pathfinder I have had has been worse than the last. l987 was wonderful! My last one for sure."